User avatar

AWritersFantasy

  • Randomosity Re: Don't know where else to post this...

    There's something wrong with the points I had for the amount of posts I've made/replied to/etc. I had like...over 1000 points, but now it's back down to 500something. Any idea ...

    Apr 9, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Tenses: How Do You Choose?

    Past tense, unless a specific scene (like a dream) calls for present tense.

    Apr 9, 2007
  • Research Re: Third Person or First?

    Usually depends on the kind of story I'm writing, for the most part. As a default I've tended to use third person, but I've used first in the past. My ...

    Apr 9, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: name association

    Santavannah Pantelas, with Avana being the shortened version of her name.

    Apr 9, 2007
  • Archive Re: Outcasts of Rolmar (discussion thread?)

    Mmm, no, not really. o_O I need to attempt to rethink this a bit. Maybe it should be more like...the group isn't already estableshed, but Event X happens, thus making ...

    Apr 9, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Fantasy plot/character/etc bunnies

    This is something that a thread at the NaNo boards inspired me to do kinda. What they have over there is a fantasy plot bunny thread. So I figured I'd ...

    Apr 5, 2007
  • Archive Re: Outcasts of Rolmar (discussion thread?)

    Mmm. That could work. I think in the back of my mind I'm trying to turn these people in to Jedi-like-people, which isn't really what I want to do. x.x ...

    Apr 5, 2007
  • Writing Activities Re: Title Feedback

    A story about the trials that a pair of friends goes through. By the end they end up they're left trying to decide who's the worst friend. ...That was lame, ...

    Apr 5, 2007
  • Archive Re: Outcasts of Rolmar (discussion thread?)

    How about the kingdom is falling apart, in its time of need this small group of 'magicians' approaches the king in hopes of helping. And instead the king outcasts them ...

    Apr 4, 2007
  • Archive Re: Outcasts of Rolmar (discussion thread?)

    I don't have many ideas for this thing. >.> So if it gets started up, I'd like to have more of a general idea of what's going to happen so ...

    Apr 4, 2007
  • Archive Re: Outcasts of Rolmar (discussion thread?)

    Rules: -No controlling other people's characters unless they're NPCs (or minor characters, basically the same thing). -Try to keep it in third person, past tense. If you have to write ...

    Apr 4, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: MORE help needed

    I'm still struggling with my Watcher story. The more I try to come up with ideas, the more similarities not to not only the White Lighters on Charmed but to ...

    Apr 3, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: To outline or not to outline?

    It usually depends on the story for me. For the last story I was working on (for almost two years), I had an outline. For this story I'm trying to ...

    Apr 3, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: At what age did you start writing and

    Mmm...MAYBE fourth grade for me. I think I REALLY got in to it in fifth grade, when I got in to Star Wars. There's a horribly written Mary-Sue/Stu filled 400 ...

    Apr 1, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Books you used to love

    Star Wars books- still have them all, sadly they're up in my attic, though Goosebumps- YAY R.L. Stine! Fear Street- YAY R.L. Stine again! Boxcar Children Animroph books American Girl ...

    Apr 1, 2007


Sometimes you don’t need metaphors to feel something breaking
— candyhearts