User avatar

322sivart

  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The Plan in Your Head

    Hey Casey, I'm here as requested! This piece was truly amazing, no joke. I wasn't really affected by this story at all until I reached the end, but then I ...

    Feb 13, 2011
  • Other Poetry Re: My worst friend. My best enemy.

    Hey emoticon! Thanks to be the first to post on my thread! The first thing that stuck out when I read this was that you should separate this into stanzas, ...

    Feb 13, 2011
  • WRFF Archive Re: Desperate for Reviews!

    Oh, sorry. I didn't read that you don't review lyrics, hahah. Nevermind.

    Feb 12, 2011
  • WRFF Archive Re: Desperate for Reviews!

    Hi, could you take a look at these lyrics? topic76255.html thanks in advance! -Alex

    Feb 12, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Did you?

    I liked the idea of this poem, but I think it was just a bit too long and choppy. Sometimes I write poetry in the "list" format, but if you ...

    Feb 12, 2011
  • Lyrics Re: After Reading the Revelation

    The beat of the song, how I wanted it to be sung, and which syllables you put emphasis on might be confusing, so just post here if you want me ...

    Feb 12, 2011
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hello there fellow writer-people-folk!

    Hey Josh, welcome to YWS! Your novel seems like something I would read, because I enjoy writing crime fiction myself. Your adding science and fantasy into the mix sounds like ...

    Feb 12, 2011
  • Narrative Poetry Re: My Story

    wow. This poem really is incredible. One thing that I loved about it was that you didn't have to make too many metaphors or be symbolic about anything to write ...

    Feb 12, 2011
  • Welcome Mat Re: New

    hi Y"esterdays! Welcome to YWS. I've only been a member for about a week myself, but it only took me about a day to become hooked! The longer you are ...

    Feb 12, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: If I Had Wings

    Wow. I'm sorry that I don't have anything productive to say about this poem. It was just excellent! I'm usually not picky or anything when I read poetry, because it ...

    Feb 12, 2011
  • Other Poetry Re: Statistics

    This is interesting. Maybe because I didn't read it enough times or I didn't read this well enough, but I just don't understand what you're getting at. -Is your character ...

    Feb 12, 2011
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Blood chapt.1

    Oh, one last thing I forgot to write in my post. I really discourage changing first-person narrations from scene to scene; it really confuses the reader. -Alex

    Feb 12, 2011
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Blood chapt.1

    Overall, I thought this was interesting. Personally, I found your Holocaust story to be much more gripping, but nevertheless, here's what I thought about this story: Prologue: "First, what makes ...

    Feb 12, 2011
  • Other Poetry Re: Stuff

    Wow. Not much I can say except that this is amazing. You're a really clever writer, this poem had a great flow to it, your wording was perfect, and it ...

    Feb 12, 2011
  • Art & Photography Re: First Photos---Ever!

    Alright, I would have to start this review by telling you that I know absolutely nothing concerning photography, hahah. However, these pictures are really good. The one with the Maine ...

    Feb 12, 2011


That's just what translation is, I think. That's all speaking is. Listening to the other and trying to see past your own biases to glimpse what they're trying to say. Showing yourself to the world, and hoping someone else understands.
— Ramy (Babel by R. F. Kuang)