Random avatar

200397

  • Writing Activities Re: You know you're a writer when...

    You know you're a writer when someone says, "Oh, you're writing a story. How big is it?" and you answer, "Approximately 40,007 words, 250,000 characters, eight chapters, ninety-seven pages, with ...

    Jun 14, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: Speedwrite the word above you!

    Wonderland

    Jun 14, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: Speedwrite the word above you!

    Jurassic Park.

    Jun 6, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: Title Feedback

    Sorry, you weren't even close. :) Um, maybe a comedic view of (Murphy's) life. It seems like it could be both a coming-of-age story, or an adult's view. It's very ...

    May 22, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: Title Feedback

    Science fiction, in which the world (or worlds) are in jeapordy, and it's up to the protagonist to literally save it. I don't know if it would have aliens in ...

    May 21, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: Speedwrite the word above you!

    ants

    May 21, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: What's your favorite quote?

    "There's nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and open a vein." ~Walter Wellesley Smith "Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." —Oscar ...

    May 21, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: What would YOU do?

    I'd move out before the ghost could even say "REVENGE." What would you do if you knew your house was going to be hit by a meteorite and you had ...

    May 16, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: Speedwrite the word above you!

    driving

    Apr 30, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: Inspiring lines from songlyrics

    "In the clearing stands a boxer, and a fighter by his trade And he carries the reminders of every glove that laid him down or cut him till he cried ...

    Apr 29, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: Character dialogue

    "Only five times? You've had it easy, believe me." ~Anna "I'm not sure how many times our story has been edited now. It seems like fifty." ~Jack "It's twelve, and ...

    Apr 29, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: Speedwrite the word above you!

    dental care

    Apr 29, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What are you reading at the moment?

    On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta. Again! It's got to be my favorite book ever! Well, second favorite . . . but I can't get enough of it. :D ...

    Apr 26, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Saddest Book

    I am Mordred and I am Morgan le Fay by Nancy Springer. I read them every year at Halloween and I bawl. It's a heart wrenching sadness. Also Ophelia by ...

    Apr 26, 2009
  • Writing Activities Re: Name the Character Above You

    Taylor. Or, if you don't like that, Addison. :wink: A girl, nineteen or twenty. Nondescript brown hair, dark eyes. Tan-ish skin that doesn't seem to get any darker or lighter. ...

    Apr 20, 2009


My tongue must tell the anger of my heart, or else my heart, concealing it, will break...
— Katherine, The Taming of the Shrew