User avatar

-KayJuran-

  • Writers Corner Re: Dreaming Deep?

    No! Dreamy, you have to make the deadline this time, or you won't be able to do NaNo with us! =( And then no lemon cake for you! Muhahaha... Hehe. ...

    Sep 20, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Uncertain Memory (Screenplay)

    The names scream Shakespeare to me *pokes Kay* Intentional, there? 12th Night, specifically... anyhoo, yeah! I can't wait to see what you've done, if you'll let us see any of ...

    Jun 23, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Uncertain Memory (Screenplay)

    Hm. So much for posting progress... Anyway, I finished the 20k about an hour ago. I'm just over. Still got a long way to go before the story ends though, ...

    Jun 22, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Uncertain Memory (Screenplay)

    Just something to update people on my progress, write about my characters etc. Mostly, I'm just hoping this'll be one way to get me to write as there'll be that ...

    May 31, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Notes on FREAK

    Hurrah! Cookies for Snoink! Tell me when it's out so I can go buy it. :D

    Jan 12, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Fantasy Novelists Exam

    Yup! He has a twelve-book fantasy series, and the reason he's mentioned is that he'd have to say 'yes' to most of these... However, I think he can get away ...

    Jan 7, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Prolonging Romance?

    Try reversing it - the classic misunderstanding. ^_~ Character A gets the impression/is told by an unreliable source that Character B did something less than commendable. Ergo, they grow apart ...

    Jan 4, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: How to Write Poetry

    Claudette -- I noticed that. I thought it was just me being blind though... Hehe.

    Dec 23, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: What do people do besides writing?

    Let's see... I work. I'm a dinner lady at a girl's school, a waitress at two places, occasionally I do pot-wash, and I also tutor French and German. Aside from ...

    Dec 15, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Last Names

    I just chose one of my character's surnames (Delamere) and I like it 'cause you could think of it as 'de la mer' (of the sea), plus I think it ...

    Dec 13, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: How Do You Critique?

    I find that I tend to be much pickier with stories that are very well-written. There have been stories that I have really enjoyed critiquing, 'cause I've had to think ...

    Nov 29, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Avoiding the Passive Voice

    *raises hand* Guilty as charged, I'm afraid. I overuse the passive tense a LOT, which is okay in some scenes, but not through the whole book... Gotta say, t'is a ...

    Nov 26, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Writing An Outline

    I combine the snowflake technique, which I use for outlining novels, with phasing , which I use for planning chapters.

    Sep 8, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Amnesia

    Yep, I'm thinking he does.

    Sep 4, 2006
  • Writing Tips Re: Amnesia

    Well, the actual cause probably won't be revealed in the story, as it starts after he's woken up somewhere else, but I'm pretty sure he falls and hits his head. ...

    Sep 4, 2006


Oh no, I’m sorry, you’re under the impression that here on YWS we *help* writers instead of just feeding their gremlin tendencies.
— winterwolf0100