z

Young Writers Society

My sister's art

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:21 pm
Sunshine says...

Hey, the following pieces of art are by my younger sister, who doesn't have a profile on here. She's wanted me to do this for a while and being the wonderful sister I am (she reviewed a little for me, ok?) I decided to post here. Anyway, here's her first work! (All reviews will be directed towards her!)

Spoiler! :
003.JPG
003.JPG (265.49 KiB) Viewed 275 times

(That one's my favorite!) The next drawing:

Spoiler! :
004.JPG
004.JPG (272.02 KiB) Viewed 275 times

Third one, done by oil pastel:

Spoiler! :
006.JPG
006.JPG (326.63 KiB) Viewed 277 times

Last, but not least, a painted coaster.

Spoiler! :
007.JPG
007.JPG (273.21 KiB) Viewed 277 times

Thanks! All reviews will be directed towards her!
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:40 am
NLPrincess13 says...

it's good
tell your sister to keep up!! :D
<3 Princess of Neverland <3

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:56 am
PandaAiKorai says...

Aw, I really liked the panda one. Is that the WWF logo? It surely looked like it. And the wolf one was rather creative. I like her work, she should consider a career in art. (: Tell her to keep on drawing!

~Panda;;
Southern hospitality just ain't what it used to be...

...Ain't what it used to be...

198 Reviews

Reviews: 198
Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:44 am
inkwell says...

The leaf and panda ones are my favorites. The colorful flower (?) needs to be completed it appears.
"The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is comprehensible." — Einstein

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:22 am
View Likes
Cspr says...

I like the terrier and the flowers the most, I think. Because a) I like dogs, b) they were both well done, c) I could tell the dog was supposed to be a dog, and c) COLORS! ...I'm reading a book where color has to be bought; seeing that made me happy.

However, since they're not cut, I can't see them that well. *squints* I suggest using something like photobucket to cut and shape 'em up before you post next time.

Anyway, tell her to keep up the good work. They're very beautiful...not the sort of things I could do with paint, at least at this point in time.

*just wishes I could see better to give a better critique*
My SPD senses are tingling.

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Sun May 01, 2011 12:06 am
Shearwater says...

Hi there crafty! I'm so sorry for getting to this so late. I honestly forgot about it but then I remember that I had a review request so I went to double check and wham! XD
Sorry! But I'm here now and I'll do this review! ^____^

So first of all, let me say how amazing these pictures are. They're quite good and I like how she used different mediums and such and such. Alright, let's start with the first one.

1. This is good. You can tell it's a dog! xD However it seems like it's still a little too light. She needs to add some more shade to this to give it some definition. Right now it's flat and lacks lighting and shape. The shading is also a bit too smudged. When drawing animals, because they have fur its' best not to smudge your work and try using different methods to create a 'fur-like' effect with the pencil. I do this by hatching or coloring a light foundation and then working in some individual strokes.

2. Next she had a panda. It's pretty nice and simple. I like how it's a big sloppy but there is a bit to it that makes me feel like it's unfinished. More like the coloring on the bottom makes me feel that way.

3. For the flower pastel, it looks nice and colorful and I like her choice of flowers. My main problem with this is how it's not blended completely. I've worked with pastels before and they're a bit tricky to get right. They're sort of difficult to blend too because you become too scared that if you mess up, you can't exactly fix it. :P
Again like the piece above, it feels a bit sloppy and hastily done. She should take more time on her artwork and give it some more dedication and time. I can't see her love in this piece. It feels rejected.

4. This is one is fairly simple. Very simple in fact and there's nothing I can critique about it. It's a coaster. Outlined and colored in. It's nice and simple but that's all there is to it. nothing that sets it apart from anything. No story, no words. It's a leave. There.

I'll give you one piece of advice. Artwork is about feeling and getting someone to look at it and feel something. To capture their attention from across the room and lure them in. There are some good painters out there who can draw well but there are artist out there who can paint emotions. Who will get your attention more? A wonderful painted lady or a lady drenched in color and emotion?

So there's my advice and my critique. Hopefully it helps you and your sister in the future. ^___^
Continue drawing because I see potential in her works and I think she can go far if she wants to. :3

-Pink
There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
-W. Somerset Maugham

151 Reviews

Reviews: 151
Sun May 01, 2011 1:29 am
View Likes
Amfliflier says...

That was sweet of you to post these for your sister. I liked the first one, it was really cute! I think the second one was my favorite too! It reminded me of the World Wildlife Fund panda! :D The 3rd one had nice color to it. And the 4th one was okay, not that I could do any better.

Nice job (to your sister of course)!
Forever for All <3

MUSIC RULES! :)

Everyday is Earth Day! :D

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Sun May 01, 2011 1:32 am
Kwantack says...

My favorites were the dog and the panda (bamboozle!) They're all really cute. Everything could use some more detail, though, but I really liked them. The dog one is drawn a little too light. I'm not really sure what to say on the flower, but good work! Keep it up!
"The only bad ideas are the ones never tried." - Puck, The Sisters Grimm

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Fri May 20, 2011 11:44 pm
ALLDrawnout says...

I love the panda. Your sister is amazing at being an artist. How old is she?

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sat May 21, 2011 2:25 pm
View Likes
Sunshine says...

Thanks for all the opinions guys! She really appreciates it!
Pink: And I quote "Wow. She really know's a lot."
ALLdrawnout: She's eleven!
For those confused: It's a dog.

I'll have her post more, or make her get an account. (then again, I'm kinda using her email for it...) Haha, again thank you!
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

Random avatar

Reviews: 313
Sun May 22, 2011 12:44 am
TylynRae says...

You're YOUNGER sister painted these? Oh goodness. If you're fourteen she's a prodigy! ha ha =] These were quite beautiful. I personally liked the Panda a lot. I'm really impressed by the skill at such a young age, she definitely has a chance in the big wigs. Tell her to keep them coming!
TylynTyrannosaurus<3 (tydecker777)

Reviews: 4
Sun May 22, 2011 12:57 am
View Likes
kcglitter says...

As an artist I fine your work really good and my art teacher would be totally in love with your pictures like I am. Keep it up and never let anyone tell you it isn’t. Because even if three out of four people don’t like your work, it doesn’t mean your not good, it just means there jellies.
Love is strong, but there is more to life then to finding the love of your life...like...like...give me a minute...oh I got nothing, but there is...what was I talking about???

Life is about losing everything.
— Isabel Allende