z

Young Writers Society

Depths

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:44 am
aweqs says...

I am aspiring to make a short film, and this is a teaser from the script.
16+ because it mentions issues like rape and suicide...
Please read the spoiler :)

Spoiler! :
So far, the MC, Aisling, has woken up from a 4 month long coma, and has got severe amnesia, and has forgotten everything of her life before the coma.
However, while in comatose, Aisling had lived another life. A life of sun, family and the love of her life, Louis.
She can only remember this life.
Her Real life mother, Dara, is obviously devastated that her daughter cannot remember her, and Aisling is frustrated that she will never see her coma family or Louis again, since they only exist in her head...
This is the scene where Dara tell Aisling why she was in a coma, and how it happened.
Its very dramatic xD

Kitchen

Dara is clattering around in the kitchen, and Aisling comes in through the front door.

Dara: Hey honey! Where have you been?

Aisling plops down on a chair at the kitchen table.

Aisling: Oh, you know, just the beach.

There is a close up of Dara, who looks at Aisling with a pale scared face.

Dara (stuttering): Oh… oh, why?

Aisling shrugs.

Aisling: Just walking…

Dara: You could go to the park for walking, or into town with Eva. You know what the doctor said about meeting up…

Aisling [b](interrupting): [/b]Yeah, but I like the beach. Why do you always do that?

Dara: Do what, honey?

Aisling: About the beach… why don’t you like me going there? Has it got anything to do with my coma?

Dara (flustered): No, of course not, honey…

Aisling: It does, doesn’t it? Tell me what happened! I deserve to know.

Aisling stand ups.

Dara: Ugh, honey, please don’t make me….

Aisling: Tell me! If you loved me you tell me.

Dara looks hurt, and then she turns away from her.

Dara: You… you were walking home from a party, on the promenade. It was dark…

Dara’s voice starts cracking.

Dara: You didn’t see him at first.. He must have jumped out on you, the sick bastard. Aisling, he... He...

She starts to cry.

Aisling (Suspicious): What Dara? What did he do?

Dara (outburst): He bloody raped you, Aisling!

She puts her head in her hands and cries even harder. Aisling sits down, stunned.

Aisling(whisper): Oh god... oh god.

Aisling cries too. Suddenly she gets angry.

Aisling (angry): Why didn’t you tell me?!

Dara (hysterical and stuttering): I don’t know Ash. I thought… We thought it’d be better if you didn’t know. It was so awful...Such an awful thing- we didn’t know how you would react. It was hard for us, especially with the suicide...

Aisling (furious): SUICIDE?! I... I commit..?

Dara nods.

Aisling (shocked and fuming): I needed to know this. I can’t believe you didn’t tell me! You were the person who wanted things to go back to normal, well, that isn’t going to happen unless you tell your daughter the truth!

Dara: I’m so sorry, honey, I am. But it’s not just about you! You have no idea what me and your dad…

Aisling: Shut up! You’re not my mum and dad! I need to get out of here. I want to go home!

Aisling picks up her coat and leaves the house.

Dara: Wait, Ash, no!

The scene ends with Dara sitting on the kitchen floor, head in hands crying.
Last edited by aweqs on Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

/Isha:/= To be honest, we are talking about mostly nothing which in its own essence is something. But somethingness can't be nothing if there isn't nothing in the first place. So really, we're talking about meaningly somethingness that's technically caused by nothingness.

The Smiley Spammer

Random avatar

Reviews: 8
Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:23 pm
pazey13 says...

This is REALLY good. I can only imagine all the twists and surprises that can be packed into the story. This was a really good read and I can't WAIT for the rest of it! The idea is basically unused so you don't have to worry about sounding like you took from another story :) Again, this is SO good!
I'm the author of my life.
Too bad I'm writing in pen
and I can't erase my mistakes...

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:02 pm
322sivart says...

I am here as requested!
This is truly increadible, and it is incredible because as pazey13 pointed out, this idea is 100 percent origional.
Just one thing, are you trying to imply that her suicide attempt put her into the coma, or is it something else that the viewers find out later?
Oh, and just one nitpick: Towards the end, when Aisling is labeled as (shocked and fuming), I think a sentence there should read "You were the person who wanted things to go back to normal, well, that isn’t going to happen unless you tell your daughter the truth!
I love this, and I hope to read more.
-Alex
Need reviews?
I'd be happy to give them.
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic76104.html

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
— Thomas Edison