Classics and the Writers

Classics and the Writers

Classics and the Writers

  • 24 forum topics
  • 1 wall post
  • Created Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:06 am

← Back to Forum

Jane Eyre

3 posts in this topic.

  1. I finished reading this a couple of days ago, an I was wanting to know what other people thought of it.

    I found it really different, because I've never seen classics in first person, so it gave a different feel to the story. Also, there wasn't exactly a plot to the book, it was more of an autobiography. But what I realised after I finished reading, is that it was very clearly separated into different sections, and once you'd moved on to the next section, I would have some difficulty remembering things from the previous ones.

    What did you think of Jane Eyre?

    (I also hated all of the French in it because I couldn't understand a word of it, nor will I ever be able too)
  2. Jane Eyre is a brilliant book. Now, I'm not much for romances, in fact, I hate them.

    Jane Eyre is a romance, in a way. It's a lot more than that though. It was spectacularly written.
  3. I read Jane Eyre just a few months ago actually. I absolutely loved it and I agree, I've never read a classic that used first person like Jane Eyre but I guess that just makes it all the more interesting. The book was so unbelievably well written and well thought out that I got really emotional over it. I don't think I've ever cried so hard because of a book... in a good way though. Jane Eyre is definitely one of my favourite books!


May you never steal, lie, or cheat. But if you must steal, then steal away my sorrows. And if you must lie, then lie with me all the nights of your life. And if you must cheat, then please, cheat death.
— An Unknown Bride, Leap Year