Black Writing: Horror Usergroup

Black Writing: Horror Usergroup

Black Writing: Horror Usergroup

  • 24 forum topics
  • 5 wall posts
  • Created Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:06 am

← Back to Forum

Black Horror Died!

42 posts in this topic.

  1. Hey. I was wondering if we can revive this usergroup? I really, really want to use this a lot. I mean, horror is what I love to write, and I think if all the horror writers come back together, we can make this UG survive. What do you guys say?

    -Jared
  2. I'm with you Jared. I'll do what I can to help this group. Horror is an awesome genre.
  3. Yeah, it sucks that it died.

    How shall we go about the revival? Any ideas?

    Maybe I could start doing some reviews on horror novels and such - and posting them. Recommendations and such...

    There is so little good horror writing though - both published and here, on YWS.

    *shrugs*

    I'll think on it.
  4. I think it would be awesome if we could revive this. I'll also try to think on what we could do to get it going again.

    [s]BlackGhost[/s]
  5. Hurray! Horror is coming to life. :)

    I know BBB already has a horror contest going in the Community Forums, but maybe we could start one specific to this usergroup? Or perhaps a series of contests focusing on different types of horror stories?
  6. I agree.....but why do I feel like I'm the only female in this group?
  7. *points to the pink female symbol under her avi*

    Am I so masculine?
  8. One of the reasons it died, I think, was that there was nothing to do or talk about...

    -Kylan
  9. Horror is all I'm decent at writing. I'll do all I can.
  10. Maybe some tutorials on how to write a good heart stopping horror piece??
  11. I'm copying a horror story I wrote, but until that's done...
  12. Horror is undead - it can always be revived provided we can make it happem.
  13. Nicely said my friend
  14. Thanks.
  15. No problem.


There is nothing more radical or counter-cultural, at the moment, than laying down one’s cynicism in favour of tender vulnerability.
— John Green