z

Young Writers Society

Somebody killed the creativity cat.

96 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 96
Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:12 am
noninjaes says...

Over these last few months almost all creativity has left me. from the very few that I do get, all my ideas are unfinished and sound horrid, and I just can't get myself to write.
Any way to revive the creativity cat in me?
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016
Stories Not Otherwise My Own

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers
Being awesome since Jan 2012.

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:51 pm
View Likes
babymagic18 says...

Maybe it's a message. Take some time away from your writing. Relax and let your mind wander. In time something you can't get out of your head will come to you and you will be just fine. Yeah, so take some time for yourself.

253 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 253
Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:28 am
View Likes
RacheDrache says...

First, watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbC4gqZGPSY

Second: don't worry about being good or brilliant. Don't fret about sounding horrid. Don't worry about not writing. Worrying about it is pointless. But don't worry about not worrying either. If you're worrying, maybe considering why you're worrying. Pursue your thoughts. If you say, "But I'll never be any good at writing!" then ask yourself, "Why do you say that?" and so on and so forth.

Third: you're already bursting with things to say, so write one of those. And don't worry about it being good, or about people liking it, or about any of that. The best stories come from the heart. What do you have to tell us? What would you like to write?

Fourth: be bold and fierce if you like. As bold and fierce as you like. Or as quiet. Or as strange. Or as delightful. Or as cheerful. However you want to be, however you feel, that is the key.

Five: go take a notebook and go outside. And write down everything you see and smell and taste and hear and feel. Try to capture them as they are, as precisely as you can. Or look at the people around you, if you can get to a public space, and ask yourself it is that man chose to wear that hat to today. Really look at those people. Or go into a bathroom stall with grafitti, and ask who wrote that line, and what that person was feeling, what that person's story was. No matter if it's actually why or actually what or not.

Six: come back in. Turn out the lights, off the music, make things are quiet and dark as possible. Sit on the ground, and just sit there, and just sit there.

Seven: if none of these work at all, I have a challenge for you. It's spoilered.

Spoiler! :
Take a piece of paper, and write me the WORST story you can think of. Write it terribly. Write rubbish. And if you can write something truly terrible and awful, I'll come up with some sort of reward.
I don't fangirl. I fandragon.

Have you thanked a teacher lately? You should. Their bladder control alone is legend.

On some days, my will to write disappears faster than a donut at a police station.
— Arcticus