z

Young Writers Society

Magi High School (Closed;Starting Soon)

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:27 pm
Starleene says...

Anela-

Anela took a moment to smile. The first years were hunched together in little pools, avoiding the upperclassmen like the plague. Oh, she was going to enjoy this year, very much.
Stepping onto the grassy lawn she noticed various heads turning her way. It wasn’t just her white hair that grabbed their attention, it was her reputation. She was a rarity and they were cautious, as they should be. Anela met all the curious glances head on, some tried to look away and pretend they weren’t watching; she made a note to “welcome” them later.
Bee-lining through the crowd she made her way to the willow, standing somewhat off to the side, its long leaves drooping down, swaying in the breeze. She knew Brand would be here, he was always here, and she wanted to give him a little welcome before school started.
She threw back the leaves and, as sure as it was day light, there he was with his stack of books.
She sighed. So predictable.
She didn’t know too much about him even though they spent three years together on this monotonous campus. Some people’s power came naturally to them but she could tell that he had learned a lot of what he knows from those blasted books he reads; when they fought, she would beat him, of that she was sure. Her mom had always told her that magic ability comes from within, it speaks to you and understands you, and it’s just as much a part of you as your arm or leg.
“Brand,” she smiled at him.
Silence. He didn’t even bother acknowledging her existence.
“Hm, if my memory is correct, and it usually is, I believe we have a duel to partake in?”
Grunt.
Anela rolled her eyes, so difficult. She pointed her finger and swirled it around a bit, just to get his blood going. Technically it wasn’t an attack.
“Anela…” a warning tone is his voice would have made any other student stop, but she wasn’t like any other student, she was better.
“If you’re just going to sit there and read your books, you’re never going to be able to beat me.” She sat on top on the stack and looked down at the book he held. Even though he was the top student, he still lacked the basic intuition. On the occasion when she was actually in class, she noticed that when using magic he was stiff and formal, never wavering from the guidelines.
Guidelines-smidlines.
Anela bounced up, so much to do, so little time. No time for yacking.
“Well, as fun as this was…”
She walked off but stopped. “In the real world, duels aren't planned; I hope you’ll be ready. So make it interesting, I don’t like to be bored.”
She let the leaves swing closed behind her.
“Now where is Mr. O’Brian, he’ll be positively gleeful to see me,” She chuckled. One of these days she would give that man a heart-attack and it wouldn't be from her magic.

Spoiler! :
Om, she'll be your friend. That's why she warned you about the impeding duel. She never warns people. ;D
Last edited by Starleene on Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jhinx called me old. Rude.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:15 am
Dakushau says...

Igna Va'Kuum

I closed the door as I left my room. It feels so good after warming my self in the comfort of my chamber. My skin was still warm with the lovely feeling of Hell-Fire.
I walked down the hall of the 3rd floor of the dorm and rounded the corner to collide abruptly into someone. It was Linette. She grabbed my arm to steady herself as we both stumbled to regain our footing. My surprise quickly turned to anger. As soon as she had regained herself she walked away, not even bothering to apologize - though it wouldn't have helped to make me any less mad at the moment.
I continued to walk. My anger was beggining to revert back into the almost constant state of annoyance I usually expressed around the majority of people. I was anxious to unleash some of my anger on someone unfortunate enough to get me upset, but for now that would have to wait. There wasn't any fighting allowed on the first day.
I walked out the door and shoved past the people who seemed almost as if they were making it a priority to block my path - most were first year students. Some atleast knew enough about me to step aside. I walked through the grass and neared the old willow tree.
As I approached, Anela stepped out of the leaves.
"Hello, Anela," I say plainly.

Spoiler! :
Starleene, I'm thinking our characters are okay friends or do you want it differently?
<YWS><R1>
“The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision.”
–Helen Keller

Check out Daily Sentences for new, short, and creative sentences; every day.

The Storybook Revolution; Let's make a story.

~Dakushau

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:30 am
AlmondEyes says...

Luna

Spoiler! :
I'm just going to post the same thing I did last time

I'd just pulled my bags out of the cab when it pulled away.

Lini sighed. "Back at last."

I looked up at Magi High and grabbed my bags. "C'mon."

We walked inside and headed for the main office. Crustacia, the woman at the front desk looked up as we stepped up. She grimaced when she saw me. For some reason I could never fathom this woman has never been able to stand me. It's not like I cared anyway.

"Ms. Wenchester," she smiled tightly. "back again, I see."

"You know it, Crusty." I smiled. "Didn't you miss me?"

If possible her smile got even tighter. "Let's see who you'll be rooming with."

She did some clicking and clacking before peering closely at the screen. Her thin lips got even thinner as she looked at me. "It seems you'll have your own private room."

I smiled wide. Thank you Sealy!! I got my own room. I turned to Lini, letting my enthusiasm fade into the background. She didn't look very happy. I cleared my throat as crusty dialed a number on the office phone. "Mr. O'Brian, we've got another one."

The door opens and in the dorm advisor comes in, keys floating around him as he went. He smiled when he saw the two of us. "Ah, the Wenchesters. Nice to see yo again."

We both smiled. "Nice to see you too, Mr. O'Brian"

I smiled as my key broke away and glided over to me.

"There you are, young ladies." He turned to Old crusty. "Please give other young lady her room so they can be on their way. They have a convocation to attend. It was nice to see you ladies."

We both waved as he took his leave and headed off after Lini got her room number .

"We'll hit your room first since its closer." Lini said.

"Alright." I nodded. "Once I toss everything on my bed we can go see who you got."
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:55 am
KingLucifer says...

Sofia

I walked with Niran, we walked on the campus grounds with other teens chattering. People passed us without any mind to us, I was still tired, experamenting or not I was honestly ready to pass out. But I had to push myself and at least stay awake until tonight when I would stop experaments for now and continue with them in a few days.

"Same to you, but Niran, but my experament's are almost done. I need to preform one last experament to ensure my spot in Conjuration training books in the future, I perfect this new form and mom and dad won't give a damn if I've been staying up late or care about my near failing grades last year, they'll be more impressed by the fact I came up with a new form of Conjuration!" The crow said transmitting my thoughts.

"So what's this last experament you need to do?" Niran asked.

"I need to preform it on someone else other than me, to see if I can use it on other people other than myself. Cause if my hypothesis is right then I'm near sure that this'll work." The crow said.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

87 Reviews

Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:22 am
Starleene says...

Anela-

“Got ‘em scared already, eh?” Anela noticed the students made a wide berth around Igna as he stormed through. Somebody must have angered him, and so early in the day too, she had been hoping for a peaceful couple hours.
“You have no idea.” He was one of the few people who actually wore armor on campus, it was strange, but she admired his confidence.
They stood there in silence a bit.
“You going to the convocation?” He didn’t look at her when he asked, just kept staring at the people passings them by.
“Haven’t decided, I still have to see about my room with Mr. Obrian.”
“You mean the room you’ve gotten for the past three years? I don’t think you even have to go see him, they give you the same room anyway.”
Anela glanced at him, he didn’t seem to be making fun of her or anything but for some reason she wanted to punch him in the head. She rolled her eyes instead but decided to let him know.
“Don’t get smart with me, Igna, we may be allies but that doesn’t mean I won’t punch you in the head.”
He finally looked over at her, gauging her seriousness, so she looked at him and winked.
“Serious as a heart attack,” and he finally cracked a smile at her joke.
“Who had a heart attack?” Brand stepped though the leaves behind them and came to stand next to her.
“That’s none of your concern. Let’s go Igna, we have a convocation to attend,” she walked right into the wall of students leading into the school, parting them like the red sea.

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:36 am
Craz says...

Linette flexed her hand, examining it to find that her skin had gone pink and chapped where she had grabbed him. He must just have been using Hell-fire magic when they ran into each other. It probably didn't help at all that she'd been too startled to apologize.
She sighed, letting her ice trickle and seep over her palm, returning it to its original pallor. As she crossed the small courtyard where the students mingled she located the most unnoticeable path into the forest. She glared as she shoved first years out of the way, most of them giving her annoyed looks. Good, she thought. Its best if as little people recognized who she was.
Once she was out of sight she wound her way around the unkept underbrush until she found a sizable tree. She sat underneath it and leaned her head against the trunk. A lullaby came to her, her favorite from her childhood that her old caretaker had taught her.
She hummed, then sang it softly under her breath. It was supposed to be about new beginnings and leaving the past behind; she now thought of it kind of cheesy, but the notes calmed her until she was lulled into a half sleep. An announcement had come up saying that the convocation wasn't until later, so she had decided to find her new save haven before the pressure of homework overwhelmed her.
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:47 am
Omni says...

Brand Elinor

Let me tell you a bit about my element. It is so strong that it controls my emotions sometimes. Okay, a lot of times.

I pushed my way past the willow leaves, leaving my books back at the tree. I saw Igna laughing to one of Anela's jokes. Anela? Joke? Igna laughing? Oh, I needed to hear this.

So I walked up to those two usually angry people, now laughing, actually laughing. I hear something about a heart attack. "Who had a heart attack?"

Anela looked at me with a sudden look that was looked like disgust. "That’s none of your concern, let’s go Igna, we have a convocation to attend."

My right fist clenched, and I started seeing red. Anela had just crossed a lightpost. My left hand clenched shut and the light exploded. She flinched and immediately my right arm went numb. Darn she was strong. Igna almost almost fell from her power.

She turned to look at me, a murderous look on her face.

"In real life, duels are not planned. Is that concerning enough for you?"

A small smirk creeped onto her face. Igna looked at her and then looked at me. I heard him saying something about not wanting to be in this and he left. Most of the courtyard was empty, because of the convocation. The rest, who had felt Anela's power, were quickly leaving, except for about twenty brave newcomers, or interested classmates who have wanted something like this for a while.

Her eyes turned dark red, ensuring me that she was unleashing all of her power. There was no backing down from this. I slipped on my ring, and its familiar pressence calmed my stirring insides, part of which was from nerves, the other from Anela's prescense. I could feel the extra power surge through me. My vision darkened and turned black and white. I could see with more clarity now, making me even deadlier.

She took out no weapons, but waited. Waited for me to make the first move. So I did. I unclenched my left fist and surged my energy into those nerves, those bloodstreams, until it was forming in my palm.

The grass around me shivered with my pure force. I imagined the playthrough of this in my head. The grass crystalized with ice around me. It was ready. My eyes funneled, and time slowed around us. She was still smiling her wicked smile.

"Let's do this." I muttered silently to myself. I lifted my hand to where it was even with her and I let go of the raw energy. The small sphere moved fast, freezing and killing the grass as it went. She just simply stared at it. I closed my fist again and forced it open, letting wisps of energy trail off of my fingertips. The ball was so close to her now that I could see the grass around her dying. The sphere exploded.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

87 Reviews

Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:03 am
Starleene says...

Anela-

Anela felt Brands anger long before he decided to attack, the increase in his heart rate alerted her so she wasn’t completely surprised when she felt the force building behind her. The ground heaved with their power, or was that the multitude of students running inside to escape the imminent danger? She didn’t care, she was primed to fight.
She stared Brand down feeling his accelerated heart rate following his pulsing veins in her mind, searching for the concentrated power source. His magic was swelling and she prevented the blood from reaching his right fingertips where she could see the sphere of power forming there and she cinched the blood flow more; the ball of power flickered like a flame then went out. She could tell he wasn’t shocked, he had expected that, but where had all this extra power come from. She hadn’t felt this power in anyone their age besides herself. Her mind raced back to earlier that morning to the book he had been reading, it wasn’t worn out like the others, this one was new. What had he been reading?
"In real life, duels are not planned. Is that concerning enough for you?"
The cruel smile stretched across her lips; oh this was going to be fun. She felt more than saw Igna leave, her vision was already misting over with a blood red tinge. She felt eyes on her but that wasn’t her concern, all her senses were heightened and they were focused solely on Brand. Behind his eyes lids, his eyes were glowing white with power, his hand clenched. She saw him slip something onto his hand and his power jumped to maximum proportions, so this was how he wanted to play? She opened the door to her power allowing it to surge through her, filling her, completing her. The little she saw of her hair was already starting to tinge pink with her power, she was ready.
She waited; the key to victory was to let the competitor strike first, watching their movies, gaging their power. She knew she could draw weapons but she wanted this to be magic based, mana against mana, soul against soul.
The light forming in his palm was blinding, growing steadily stronger. Already she could see the raw power crystalizing around him, killing the grass with its magnitude. Suddenly his eyes opened and felt them concentrate on her, but she waited. Smiling.
His hand aimed the power towards her releasing the raw energy in her direction. It raced towards her leaving crystalized grass in its wake, but she wasn’t watching the ball, she was inside his body, racing through the veins searching for the power. She remembered the ring. A blood vessel in the hand led her straight to it. In her mind’s eye, she imagined herself pinching the link between Brand and that ring closed, but as soon as she did she felt something like never before, a power surging through her frying her like a hard drive. For a brief second their eyes met in shock. In front of them the ball had stopped seconds before hitting her, it was now the color of blood. It exploded. Alena felt herself thrown through the air, a second of free fall and she was crashing to the ground, tumbling head over heel. She lay there for what seemed like eternity, and then cautiously sent out feelers of magic, checking for any severed arteries. Finding none, she at least knew she wouldn’t die.
A circle of students outlineed her peripherals.
“Move twerps, I’m not dead yet,” she ground out. Groaning Anela sat up and looked over to the dead patch of grass where Brand had been standing moments before. She looked a couple yards off and found Brand also surrounded by students, slowly climbing to his feet.
She stood up and tried to steady herself as blood rushed to her head. She glanced up and found him looking at her, questions in his eyes.
She just shook her head. She didn’t know.
All anger that had previously been there was gone and confusion now surfaced. She walked through the silent throng of kinds to where Brand was standing. She put her hand on his shoulder, a rare show of affection, and walked with him through the shelter of the willow tree.
“If any of you dare come within ten feet of this tree…well you saw what just happened, that could be you next time.” Once inside he stumbled away.
“Brand…” And unusual seriousness had entered her voice, she was concerned and confused. Nothing like this had ever happened to her and she was pretty sure it was the same for him.
“I don’t know Anela…I don’t know.” He leaned his forearm on the trunk and pressed his face into his elbow. His left hand held the ring, dangling on a fingertip, almost like he didn’t want to even be touching it.
She lay on the grass stretching out her worn muscles and splaying her hair around her. The ends of her hair had started turning back to white. She twisted a piece around her finger and contemplated what had happened not five minutes before.

Spoiler! :
Oooooh, Om, we're going to be in trooouuubllle! ;D Also, Anela can only use her power on one person because she has to be in tune with their heartbeat, faint heartbeats from weak people throw her off unless she's in close range. When she uses her full power she is blind to the world and uses her inner eye to see things.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:08 pm
Jalmoc says...

Lance Lightreign

I had made it through the throngs of students to my room, placing the key against the door. A soft click resonated throughout the wood as it swung open on oiled hinges. Entering the room, I threw my luggage on the bed that wasn't occupied. The rich colors of blue and gold were strange to me, but not much I could do about it right now.

Leaving the dorms, I made my way to the paths leading to the stadium. Most of the students had already gone ahead and only a few stragglers were left wandering around. A commotion to my right caught my attention. Leaning against one of the pillars lining the path, I watched the scene.

He could feel deep anger emitting from both of them, raw power and passion flooding out with barely a lid to contain it. The male's power had frozen the ground around him while the girl's eyes turned a deep red. I made a face of disgust as i realized what magic she used. Blood mages are no better than the common disease. I thought as I turned and continued along a different path.

The crunch of gravel below my feet reminded me of the commons in Razlas Eridonia. I wished that things would be that simple again, where I could fight for my Realm. Without realizing it, I had stumbled into the opening of the Stadium. The roar of the students in the stands was nearly deafening, but i relished in the sound. It made me feel more alive being able to feel the bright spirits of so many people. I entered the stadium and found a place among some students who were messing with fire magic. They gave me a weird look but continued to do small tricks for their amusement. I smiled to myself and reached out with my mind.

The fire grew and formed into the shape of a bird. It's wings a fiery inferno as it flew around the students' heads. Finally it formed into a real phoenix and landed upon my shoulder. The students just kinda stared at the bird with a mix of awe and confusion. I petted the bird's narrow head and waited for the convocation to start.
If you don't take a chance, you'll always live your life in regret, so let your heart show it's true colors and admit your feelings!

Tis not the blade that took your life, but the Assassin behind it.

When Reality has all but fallen away, recreate your own world

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:30 pm
Redfang18 says...

Niran Pyro

I smiled at Sofia. She may have a head as hard as a rock, but it always brought a smile on my face to hear that she's close to a breakthrough. I made sure I caught up with her, Poe flying behind us. "You could try me, since I'm always around with you. Not to mention that you and I are dorm-mates together."
Poe shrieked, Have you lost your head, Mistress?! If your mother's tribe hear that your grades have dropped, I'm stuck in a cage with your Uncle Charles! I have to count sheep every night because he saws logs in his sleep!
I chuckled. "Poe's worried about winding up with my Uncle Charles after my mother's tribe finds out my grades dropped. My uncle snores like a chainsaw and many of my mother's folks never get any sleep on his account." I kept up with Sofia. "Besides, I rather lose sleep so I could help you out than get my mother's tribe on my tail about my grades. I'll help you out, even if it means losing a heap of sleep." I managed to get into the stadium with Sofia next to me and Poe on my shoulder.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:08 pm
Dakushau says...

Igna Va'Kuum

"Who had a heart attack?" Brand asks, as he steps out of the leaves.

"That’s none of your concern," Anela replies, a look of disgust on her face. "Let’s go Igna, we have a convocation to attend."

She walked off into the flow of students, parting them like a knife through warm butter. I followed quickly behind. We had just passed a lamp post when the light suddenly exploded.

I stumbled slightly from the sudden power surge in Anela. She turned and stared at Brand, a murderous look on her face.

"In real life, duels are not planned. Is that concerning enough for you?" Brand taunts.

A cruel smile stretched itself across her face. I looked at them both, contemplating wether I should stay or not. I soon decided.

"Well as much fun as this looks and as much as I want to stay and watch I really must be getting to the convocation."

I walked off. Anyone smart enough to leave rather than get in the way fled. I followed the crowd into the stadium, a large building used for school tournaments and other events. As I passed through the entrance I was engulfed in the irritating noise of thousands of voices. I noticed a group of people playing with some fire magic as i passed. I ignored them.

I finally found an area that didn't utterly annoy me and took a seat.
<YWS><R1>
“The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision.”
–Helen Keller

Check out Daily Sentences for new, short, and creative sentences; every day.

The Storybook Revolution; Let's make a story.

~Dakushau

Reviews: 3
Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:00 pm
Xaxas96 says...

Nithe

I had finished arranging my room and was now heading for the office again. I stop in a hallway seeing some students stop near the willow tree. He watch as two mages faced off, and then the magic orb exploded. I thought I saw someone before the orb exploded, but pushed it aside, cause I knew not one student would be strong enough to stop that. I continue towards the office, the halls were mostly empty. I guessed most of them were at the convocation. I enter the principle’s door, to see the principle messing with some clothing and armor on a table. He saw me and gestured towards the stuff.
“Come here and put this on.” I moved closer and he grabbed my shoulder with his other hand on the pile of garments. One moment later the clothing and armor was on, chain mail covered his chest, gauntlets covered his arms, his legs were cover in a mail as well. Everything was pure white with silver designs over it. His long coat had some more design in it. The last thing he needed was the mask, and to fix his daggers, and sword around his waist. “Okay, now put that mask on and let’s go.” I grabbed the mask and attach it to my face. I grab my sword and daggers that had been transferred onto the table. I follow him out towards the stadium.

The tunnel was dark, the teachers introduced themselves and then the principle do so himself. That’s my que. I walk out of the tunnel towards the center where the principle stands. My sword drawn, I look up in the stands to see thousands noticing a few faces. "This is the Iron Guardian for the Iron circle, any who disagree should try their talent against him." The principle calls to the crowd, some first years stood up and walked down to the ground. I taunt each of them to come at me at the same time. Three step forward towards me. One stood back throwing fire, I conjure an ice storm above his head. At the same time the other two pulled out weapons, one axe and a spear. The spear wielder was using deadly stabs with lightning, I side step and smack him with the flat of my large rune blade. I feel a instinct to duck as the wind above me whistles as an axe swishes past, after that a large rock is thrown at me. I slice it in half with shadow magic, with the tip of my blade towards the last student a beam of white hits him in the chest.
“Wow, those first years weren’t bad. Maybe after a few classes they can try again.” The principle says. “Are there any others? None. Well I thought someone else would like to entertain us. I guess not.” He says turning towards the tunnel, I watch as some students move.
“You may entertain me longer then the first year. So please one at a time.” I shout lifting my blade, waiting for the other students who would like to try.
This is our routine. Day and night, all we do is survive; it never lets up. He tells me how these streets were crowded with people just going about their lives.. must've been nice.~Ellie

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:05 pm
Craz says...

Linette
Linette's vision was blurred, her feet eating up the ground like a starved child. It was good that she was a very steady runner, or she would have been in for it by the time she would have reached the Stadium. She should have just gone straight there, instead of letting herself dose off. She managed to slide in the Stadium just as they were closing the doors, and sat down at the first seat she saw in the very back next to some first years. She controlled her breathing and ignored the stares they gave her; she was probably the only girl to ever get that close to them.
The Iron Guardian was in the middle of taking down a bunch of cocky first years, his ice magic easily conquering their attacks. She watched him curiously, even though she couldn't see his face behind the mask. Still, sleek silver hair swished over his forehead like swaying grass, and his movements were confident and easygoing. He took them down with little effort, and looked into the crowd shouting, “You may entertain me longer then the first year. So please one at a time.”
Students of varying ages flowed down onto the stadium floor. They fixed into a line well out of the way and waited to take their bite at him. He knocked them down almost at the same timing as the first years, but as the fights droned on Linette could see him tiring, though he covered up well. The line diminished as students either chickened out or left with a bruised pride. Linette felt a grudging respect for the Iron Guardian, whoever he was. Even she couldn't last that long, and Linette was one of the best fighters under the Corona name.
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:36 am
Omni says...

Brand Elinor

After the sphere exploded, it left me...empty. I don't know how to explain it any other way. My ring was depleted, which was frightening, because I know I didn't use that much energy in the battle.

Perhaps I was reckless. Perhaps I did use too much energy, although I could have sworn I was counting how much I was using.

I slumped down, using the tree for support, inserting a fraction of power into the ring, just to temporarily refuel it.

"Brand..."

"I don't know Anela...I don't know." I truly didn't know. I looked at the book I was reading. "Wait a minute. I think I read something about your kind that might explain this." I hurried over to the book and opened it up with my mind, quickly reaching the page my unconscious remembered.

"Blood...Ice turns to...That's it!"

Anela lurched up from laying on the floor. "What's it?"

"My distinct, rare form of Omnia magic and your, of course, rare magic cannot interact with each other."

"What do you mean?" Boy sometimes she could be thick headed. She stared at me, like she was reading my thoughts and dissaproving of them deaply.

I cleared my throat. She still scared me. "I am a Universalist. Which means I know basically all of the basic elements and some of the more complicated one. However, what you didn't know, was that I has some heritage Obliteration magic, and those two combined together make my power rare.

"What that means is that our magic can never combine, which is what all magics do whenever two people duel. Your magic just kind of stayed within my magic, like oil floats on top of water. So when that happens, yours counteracts mine, say whenever mine explodes." She nodded. Okay, maybe not as thickheaded as I thought. Again with that glare! I'm sure she can read minds.

"That basically means that we can never hurt each other which our magics. The most that could happen is that we could hurt ourselves."

She stood up. "Well that sucks. I was so looking forward to hurting you." She started off through the willow leaves. "I'm going to the convocation. You can join me if you want, or not. Whatever." Usual Anela, I thought.

I ran towards her, catching up quickly. I could feel a small part of her magic was still in me, making my stomach flop over, but at least I knew it couldn't hurt me as much as I thought it could before.

"I'm not as weak as you think I am." I whispered into her ear. Grabbing her arm, I focused on the ring I just filled not too long ago and my vision funneled. I could see the stadium, the frozen blasts of magic sprouting from Nithe and some other students, which could only mean that he was leader of the Iron Circle. I focused on the place next to Igna, who was in the middle of rolling his eyes. I turned to look at Anela. Her face was painted with shock. "I can bend the wills of space and time. Only to a little extent." She lifted her fingers in front of her.

"That little extent, though, allows me to slow down or even stop time and teleport." At that moment, I let go on the waning resources from the ring and we ended up at the stadium, standing right next to Igna. He didn't even seem to notice us until a few moments later. He almost screamed when he noticed that two people who were just at the willow were now sitting right next to him without his noticing.

I looked at Anela, who's eyes were filled with wonder at my revelation. She quickly voided even that little bretrayal of emotion and held out her hand. "Wanna sit down?"

I took it. "Sure." She sent a jolt of her magic through my blood, which numbed my hand a little, but it could've done much worse. I guess that was a reminder that even though our magic cancels out, she could still harm me, even if in a little way, if she wanted to.

I smiled, which is something that I hadn't seen myself do in awhile, either, and sat down next to Anela and Igna.

Spoiler! :
How is that, Starleene?
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

Reviews: 3
Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:32 am
Xaxas96 says...

Belle

It had been a long day for me, I've spent the whole day looking for Raphael. With no luck, I turn to the stadium, he might be at the convocation. I usemagic to appear on highest part of the stadium. I then see Igna, Brand, and Anela sitting close to each other I walk to them carefully. "Excuse me but have any of you seen Raphael?" I ask them but they seemed to have just as confused looks as I did.

Nithe

The battles were beginner to drag a bit, but I continued to fight hiding how tired I really was. Student after student came and left. How many students do we have? The thought almost cost me a nick in my mask, but I was still able to dodge. Doing a back flip and then sweeping their feet out. After this student left, I felt magic around my body and look around stealthy. I see the nurse silently casting a spell on me, I would have to thank her later. After the spell left, I felt much better and continued with the small line.
This is our routine. Day and night, all we do is survive; it never lets up. He tells me how these streets were crowded with people just going about their lives.. must've been nice.~Ellie

I am so glad that we can have this middle of the night bonding conversation over deep sinks
— EllieMae