z

Young Writers Society

YWS: The Gathering

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:07 am
cheeb says...

Welcome to YWS: The Gathering. This is a storybook unlike any other!

Well, ok, not true. It's like many others. What makes it different is that it is a crossover! The way I see it, this will not only be a fun thing to do but will help to develop our character's personalities, interactions with others, etc.

The only prerequisite to joining this storybook is that you've posted a fictional piece on YWS, and hence have a character to play as. It doesn't have to be your MC, it can be any character... well, you know. Any character that is featured often or majorly in your story. Not like "Man in Bar #2".

So, if you're interested in joining post a profile containing (at least) the following:

Name (name of the character)
Story (what story the character is from. Please add a link to the thread in which your story is posted, so that other players can get an idea of your character)
Gender (if your character's name is an obvious giveaway to their gender, you can probably leave this out)
Species (just so we know)
Occupation (this can be left blank if your character doesn't exactly have a job or anything)
Abilities (magic, martial arts, whatever. If your character can do it, stick it here)

Rules
- No God characters. And no, you can't be God even if he features in your story.
- Don't flame other players OR their characters (I mean verbally flame; Infra is allowed to roast whoever he wants ;))
- Don't kill other characters.
- Don't double/triple/multiple post.
- Please, don't just post something like *can't think of anything*. If you can't think of anything, just don't post. Wait for someone else to post, and they might give you some ideas.
- Try not to post one-liners. Put some substance into your posts.
- This storybook is non-canon (that is to say, anything that happens in this storybook doesn't affect the original stories of the characters) so you don't need to worry about ruining your masterpiece with others' random characters! :D
- If you join a few pages in, don't have your character drop out of the sky or something stupid like that. Find a reasonably normal way to add them to the story.
- NEW! You are allowed to control up to two characters. Whether they are from the same story or two different stories doesn't matter, but both must still be your own characters.

I'll start with my profile.

Name: Infra
Story: infraRED (http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic18091.html)
Species: Demon
Appearance: Picture a chibi character in a non-chibi world. Half-red, half-white, zigzag pattern down his front and back.
Abilities: Pyrokinesis, high physical strength

=====================================================
I swear these things get dumber every time, Infra thought, hurling the last demon into the gaping hole in the ground. As the hole closed up, Infra turned to his brother.
"That's the last of them, right?" he asked. Ultra nodded.
"Sure is. You showed them hell! Right?"
Ultra jabbed his brother, who showed no sign of mirth. The jabbing subsided as Ultra gave up.
"Anyway, I've promised Guile to help him with some reports. Can you handle yourself here without me?"
Infra just looked at his brother.
"Point taken," Ultra grinned as he flew into the sky and vanished in a flash of light. Infra turned away and began walking.

(Note: Infra's appearance is a little weird... it's not just that of a human with demonic features. If your character sees him, they might not immediately recognise him as a demon... or indeed, as anything they've ever seen, XD)
Last edited by cheeb on Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:15 am, edited 5 times in total.
the user formerly known as chibibo

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:25 am
Nutty says...

Name: Elyn
Story: Tamia's quest topic14756.html
Species: Monkey-boy!
Abilities: Rogue, so, pickpocket, pick locks, stealth etc. Ability to climb remarkably well, can preform aerobatics and uses tail like a fifth limb.

------------------------------------------

Elyn spotted infra on his way up the large oak tree, and his eyes widened.
"Woah, woul' ya look at tha'!"
Squinting, Elyn decided that this figure was not, in fact, human. Or anything else, for that matter.
"Hmm..." Danger? Or good loot?
Elyn wieghed up the risks, and decided it was well worth some danger to see what this creature had on him, waiting for Elyn's light fingers.
Leaping out of the tree, he rolled lightly on hitting the ground, before smoothly standing and shadowing the creature.
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:31 am
Squall says...

Name: Pikara
Story: Esper's Sepulchral I (http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic17584.html) - Chapter 1 of the story where she was introduced)
Current abilities:
1. Elestream: Allows user to channel energy from his/her body into an object (eg: Channeling energy into a gun to activate the weapon)
2. Eleshield: Uses energy to protect the user. Hits dealt to the shield drains his/her energy.
3. Lasso of Arrest: Uses handcuffs to shackle an enemy (handcuffs must be activated via Elestream)

Pikara is a range/magic user with a strong foundation in using mage guns and mage detective style magic. She has low physical strength and defence. As a result, she can be felled easily to physical attacks. What she lacks in physical combat is made up for her strategic style of fighting and creativity used in her spells, regardless of offense or defense type spells.
Last edited by Squall on Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive."

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:34 pm
Dynamo says...

Looks like fun.

[s]Name: Vince
Storybook: Demon Slayers (I'm a technophobe when it comes to links.)
Race Vampire/Human
Personality: Strong silent, secretive type
Appearance: Black hair, gray eyes, black and red clothing and cape, mechanical arm and leg.
Weapons: Two handguns with silver bullets and one sawnoff shotgun. There is a silver blade built into his arm.

I would have used another character from a different storybook that I liked more, but I doubt any of you would remember it. It was one of the storybooks I helped with when I first joined YWS a year ago.[/s]

Oh, any STORY. I thought this was only for other storybooks. In that case, I'll use another character.

Name: Zephyrus
Story: The Dragon Knight Legacy: topic17121.html?highlight=dragon%20knight%20legacy (I've only posted the first part of my story where he's just a kid. The guy I'm using right now is him in four years when the actual story plays out. Also, I had to use the search function to find my story so some of the words are highlighted orange.)
Species: Half human, half wolf-demon
Appearance: Silver hair, silver eyes, fuzzy wolf ears, long wolf tail, long canine teeth, everything else is human.
Occupation: He goes around the world fighting evil and putting things right. He doesn't get PAID for it, but that's what he does.
Abilities: Uses Dragon Knight magic. (In accordance to the no God mod rule, I will make it so he doesn't have his magical sword, the Tenjin. In my story this sword is the most powerful weapon in the world. So instead, he'll just use his magic.)
Last edited by Dynamo on Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:19 pm
Rydia says...

I haven't put much of the story up at the moment but feel free to read what's there.

Name= Amelia Marian Caris Brigg
Nickname= Amelia or Lia
Age= 15
Gender= Female
Story= When Writers are no Longer Needed (http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/post237529.html#237529)
Appearance= Brown hair, brown eyes, slightly over weight.
Weapons= A stolen pen and lots of paper.
Race= Human. Or you could say that she is more than human because she is a writer.
Other= Amelia lives in a land where everyone's life is a story. Your story may be written by a person on another world or by your best friend but if that person stops writing, you fall into a coma and if the story is destroyed you, and all the other people in it cease to exist. If the writer is in the story, he or she will cease to exist and so will all over stories written by him or her and therefore all the characters in those as well. These tragic accidents, combined with a world that relies too heavily on computers have resulted in a world where writing is almost illegal.
Abilities= What she writes comes true but she can only control the stories she owns and the characters in them. For example, if she found a book about you, she could alter your past, future and present to her liking. Amelia is currently on a quest to find the ultimate story so that she can alter some events in her life. It is a book called 'The History of the World' and if she finds it, she can control anything and anyone.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:23 pm
Dynamo says...

I have a question. Can we have other characters from our story show up in this one? You know, like NPCs?
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:55 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

Name: Grif
Story: (topic19235.html)
Species: SPEW Enhanced Human
Abilities: Excellent Gunnery, Mod powers (when in YWS space)
Appearance: After playing Halo for 80+ hours, he decided to reproduce the Master Chief armor. Using the magic of SPEW technology, he now has something that is much better in many respects.
Weapons: Personal Defense System, Armor, and just about anything he can put his hands on. Also, he has a spaceship, although that doesn't have to come into play.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grif stood in front of Nate.

"We have a problem," Grif said.

"So I gathered."

"This thread just showed up in the storybook forum. In it you pick a character from another one of your stories."

"So? What harm can that cause?" Nate asked, genuinely confused.

"A lot of harm. A few minutes ago, the stories combined, in a few moments so will the characters. When that happens, it will put the authors and the characters at risk."

"What?!"

"Don't you get it? Once they join they'll actually become involved in the story. When that happens, their reality will become dependent on the story. If their characters die, so will they," Grif said.

"We can lock the thread."

"Too easy. It will just put them in a permanent sort of limbo."

"What would you suggest to make the storybook more dramatic?"

"I'm going to enter that storybook."

"No way, I need you to moderate the forums," Nate said.

"Then they are doomed. Without this plot device, the drama of that storybook will become too much and spiral into it's own annihilation."

"All right then, I'll let you join," Nate said.

"Thanks."

Grif headed over to the SPEW Storybook rescue center. Featuring the latest gizmo's, it was the ideal setting for the place Grif needed to go.

"Hi Grif," Adelaide said. The AI flickered into view.

"I need to post a character profile. You'll be able to see the storybook as it progresses?"

"Indeed, but you'd better get in their quick, the story is all ready. I'm coming with you."

"No you're not."

"Fine. If you don't want me to come that's fine."

"Good. Now post the profile."

"Posting in three, two, one..." A blinding flash encapsulated Grif and he vanished from view.

When things stopped spinning, Grif was in a meadow.

"Hmmm, not bad for being picturesque," Adelaide said.

"I thought I told you not to come."

"And I told you I didn't care if you wanted me to come or not."

"Can you exit the storybook?"

"You know the drill, once we're in it, we have to see it through," Adelaide said.
Last edited by Griffinkeeper on Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:43 pm
Alteran says...

Name Colin Gregory Banks
Story The Order of Atlantis: Rise of the Shadows
Gender Male
Species Human/Psionic
Description Brown Hair, one Blue eye and one pink eye. Slender build with a tight muscle.
Abilities Telekinesis, Telepathy, Levitation, Teleportation, Lightning, Water, Fire, Healing, Light.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

53 Reviews

Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:07 am
cheeb says...

Dynamo> Yep, you sure can.
Nutty, Squallz, Kitty, Adam> Welcome!
Grif> LOL. Nice ;)

There was light ahead. Moving towards it, Infra found himself out of the forest and a few metres away from a barn. Hearing movement coming from inside, he ducked down behind a bush, but relaxed when a sheep stepped out.

Next thing he heard was a slight movement in a tree behind him. Barely loud enough to hear, it was accompanied by the tiniest amount of shuffling in the leaves of the tree. Infra paused, then turned back to the tree and gave the trunk a swift mighty punch.

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:31 am
Nutty says...

Elyn watched in horror as the creature turned, giving the tree a mighty punch. Elyn fell from his perch, the first time in many years, to land, tumbling, on the ground.
Standing quickly up, he faced his attacker. "I'm warnin' ya, I'm tougher the' I look, y'know!"
The creature looked at Elyn's whole four foot stature, and raised one eyebrow.
"I could squish you, little...monkey."
"Tha's Monkey-BOY ta you, mister!" Elyn stated, his chest swelling with righteous pride. Thief and rogue he may be, but you can't say he was without pride. And a twisted sense of honour, if you caught him in a good mood.
The creature visibly angered, glaring at Elyn. "You are asking for pain, little one!"
"Oh, am I jus'?" He looked around, innocently. "Bu' I did noffin to you, mister, why woul' ya hurt someone as small and insigniffic'nt as me?"
Elyn grinned in his most disarming way, bravado over-riding his mostly ignored common sense. Most people, faced with a clearly inhuman creature, way larger then themselves, would just find a way to leave. But Elyn was determined that he would wring any profit out of this opportunity, and he wasn't about to be convinced otherwise, short of receiving a few broken bones.
He nodded to his angered companion.
"So, do ya hav' a name, mister? Elyn a' your service."
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:40 pm
Rydia says...

Are we allowed the objects that our characters have in their stories if they're rather advanced? Only my character has a jetter which is a bit like a hover board combined with a skate board... I'll add it in for now but if you'd rather she didn't have it, she can lose it along the way.

Amelia

I woke up and stretched before pulling handfuls of straw from my dirty, brown hair. tugging the mirror and small brush out of my school backpack, I tidied myself as well as I could and then brushed the straw from my clothes. The barn had been a real bit of luck. I don't know where I'd have slept if I hadn't stumbled across it last night.

I retrieved my jetter from under a small pile of straw and checked that my pen, pad of paper and have written novel were still in my back pack. Fortunately they were along with a little food and some money. That was when I heard the voices and, thinking it was the farmer, I hurried to the front of the barn and opened the door a crack to peer out.
Writing Gooder

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:05 am
Alteran says...

Colin peered around the corner of the building. The city was dark, filled with monsters. A woman was speaking quickly to another. Her cloak hid her face, but Colin could identify her voice without fail.

"He's to strong!"

"Shut your mouth, Cassandra!" the slap echoed along the alley. "he is a boy, a tiny grain of salt being pushed around by the tides of fate."

"Please, my mistress, I cannot face him again."

"Coward! You will die for your insolence!" Colin bolted forward, lightning streaming from his hand and striking one of the cloaked figures.

He'd picked the wrong one, Hera lowered her cloak, eyes gleaming with triumph. The ground suddenly split apart.

Colin lost his balance and fell. The fissure was beginning to close up; Colin concentrated, everything faded into darkness.

Something went wrong, There was a sudden burst of sunlight and he was falling, really falling. The ground grew closer, Before Colin could react he crashed into the top of a rural wooden building.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

53 Reviews

Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:41 am
cheeb says...

kitty15> Yeah, that sounds fine.

A loud crash came from the barn, and Infra quickly tossed the monkey-boy back up into the tree before leaping up after him. Peering through the leaves, they saw a girl rush out of the barn in shock.

"Wha' was tha'?" Elyn asked, wide-eyed. Infra shrugged.

They turned their attention back to the barn. The girl was cautiously approaching the doors again, before jumping back in surprise as a teenage guy stepped out, seemingly unharmed aside from mild confusion.

"Tha's crazy!" Elyn almost shouted. "How on earth'd 'e survive tha'?"
"Stranger things have happened," Infra replied.
"I don' doubt tha', feller. Anyweh, ya never answered me when I asked yer name, mate. I'm Elyn, like I said."
Infra looked the rogue up and down.
"Call me Infra," he answered, deciding he could trust this guy.

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:43 am
Squall says...

Pikara's Guild

Pikara bounced her way down the hallway. Two sentinels guarded the entrance to the guild’s stadium. As Pikara approached, their spears crossed, blocking her progress.

“Hey! What gives?”

“What business do you have with the guild master?”

“You noobs,” insulted Pikara, “Make way now, or I’ll kick both your bulky asses.”

In unison, the sentinels laughed; their naked chests contracted.

“The guild master does not have time for little noobs with pink hair,” explained the sentinel on Pikara’s left, “leave now, or it is us that will kick ass.”

The sentinels mustered a smug which soon faded as Pikara brushed her hair in disappointment.

“Very well then, you guys asked for it.”

Pikara sighed and pulled her guild identification card from her breast pocket. She tippee toed and shoved the card closer.

“See! I’m a mage detective. That means I’m a Goddess.” In disbelief, the sentinels squelched their eyes in the hopes that the girl was lying. In their case, she wasn’t.

“What the…,” but Pikara slapped him in the face for trying to swear in her presence.

“Now, please move.”

In defeat, the spears retracted to their owner’s side and Pikara continued her way, poking her tongue out to the sentinels as she passed them. Pikara pushed the golden door open.

“Ahh Pikara, I’ve been waiting for you,” greeted the guild master, “what took you so long?”

“Sorry Zane, but I had a run with the law.” Pikara treaded her way to the centre of the arena.

“Pikara, as you know, Icisoria has suffered a blow to their economy when one of the mines of Cystrafree had caved in during an extraction process. We believe that it is the work of Grif.”

“Griff?” squealed Pikara, “Who is Griff?”

The guild master flushed a remote from his robes and pointed at the giant plasma screen.

“Grif is a sacrilege to not only Icisoria, but to gaming itself. The commission of M.D has received many calls regarding Grif’s cheating ways. He has been using hacks in important LAN tournaments for morbles and to become a pro. However, it has only been recently that we’ve been able to confirm this.”

“He looks like a nerd to me,” said Pikara while watching the M.D video report of Grif.

“Lately, he has focused his attention on a game called Halo. After playing it for 80 hours, he has decided to recreate the armour that the Master Chief uses, except stronger. The only way for Grif to achieve this is to infuse his suit with the rare minerals found deep within the Mines of Crystrafree.”

“So how are we going to stop this cheating nerd? Head shoot him?”

“Not quite,” said the guild master, “ Your first priority is to investigate the collapsed mine in Crystrafree and collect evidence that suggests Grif is behind this.”
Last edited by Squall on Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive."

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:56 pm
Rydia says...

Amelia

I jumped back as the boy stepped closer and began rubbing his head absent mindedly.

"Man that hurts," The boy blinked a few times and then looked across to where I was standing. Looked across with one pink eye and one blue eye.

"Uh... hello?" I hesitated and then offered him a rather weak smile.
Writing Gooder

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one.
— Leo J. Burke