z

Young Writers Society

The YWS 2010 Yearbook

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:07 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

Hello. I've had one hellish year and will be happy to kick 2010 out of the door on the last day of December and hope 2011 is a million times better, but YWS is always constant. It's like a little safeplace to go to and everyone here is really friendly and wonderful like a big, warm family, and I love you all, every single one of you, sincerely.
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

547 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 547
Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:20 pm
captain.classy says...

Kihsalgkhlkhsg spot.

Here we go! Epic timez.

Hokay, so:

[user]Flower~Child[/user]: Well we just started PMing these past few days after your contest, and our conversation has made me happy! I feel a new friendship forming. ;)

Nephthys: I reviewed you, and you reviewed me. You gave me a lot of inspiration on my reviews, telling me how much they helped you. It made me feel really good. And I want you to know that I appreciate it immensely. I love your script, and I hope it goes far.

Snoink: Snoinkipoo! You're an amazing person, I swear. I wish we had all been able to meet up - you, me and Vana. But oh well, some things don't happen, right? Well you know where I am, and I know where you are, and hopefully we can meet up some day! Trip to Frisco yeah!

Vanadis: My goodness were we close! You bought me a toy from a vending machine? I still need to PM you in info on that, by the way. I still need to PM you period, because I miss you. And I hate how you moved away to some awesome tropical place because now I don't get to talk to you as much.

Mizzle: I miss you and how good our friendship used to be. However I am writing this in memory of how we used to talk, in hopes that it will happen again!

Peanut19: Butterz! Again, another user that I miss. You'll come back to me eventually. ;)

Moriah Leila: You, me and the Pirate King! I miss that group, don't you? Oh wait, you can't because you never come on. Please come back to me! I miss you and your wisdom and your chatting about your kids because I'm jealous that you have a family. :)

AspiringAuthorA..M.: You were and still are a good friend of mine, even though you aren't on as much and don't spam. Believe it or not, I miss your spam. It was more playful than anything, in my opinion. I'll stand by you AAAM!

BenFranks: Bennyboop! Best friends forever! <3

JabberHut: Jabberhut, Jabsalot, Jabberwocky, who knows? All I do know is that you PMed me, and told me your real name, and I still don't believe you. However I believe that PM is the base of our friendship. ;)

Meshugenah: Meshuganahahhh. Your name is fun to say. Whenever you come into chat (which is more frequently lately, and I am quite pleased) I always say your name aloud.

Mr.Knightley: Pirate King! Remember those days? Hmm yeah good ol' days. I will always remember you as this, no matter how much you try to pass as Jack nowadays. ;)

PinkShearwater: Pinkipoo! You were my first real friend on YWS. I will never forget that!

Vasticity: Yeah, you're pretty cool... I guess. _@/' fail SNAIL. haha!

Writersdomain: Doubleyoudeedee! You are simply an awesome person.

Skins: You have a real knack for brightening up people's days. You brightened mine when you commented on my review on N's script. I'll never forget it! Thank you so much.

silented1: You? yeah you. I guess I could write about you. You're only one of my best friends on the site, and a great friend in real life. I only talk to you almost every day and I only trust you with secrets I don't tell my friends in school and I can talk to you about anything without being ashamed and you like me even though I'm a snooty brat and you have accepted me and you are meeting me in florida in three weeks so get ready!

Elinor Brynn: Oh my goodness El. It has come down to you, the last on a medium sized list. I have made a shout out to you on the radio show, we will be hosting one together, we have made contest together, shared secrets, ideas, articles, love, everything you can imagine! And I've never spoken to you face to face. You tell me I am like the big sister you've never had. And I wish I could tell you you're like the little sister I never had, but I cannot because I have a little sister. However, I can only hope that my little sister turn out to be like you.

It started out as a group and became so much more. I mean, now we're even married! I think we've kept our love pretty secret, and that's a good thing, because people have become jealous that you have me (those days in chat when I decide that I'm also married to other YWSers like Vast and Jabsalot). But they can never amount to you! You support me and you let me give you advice. You tell me things even though you know you'll regret it. But don't feel as if you have to regret it. Remember what I told you, oh, two days ago maybe? Just remember that conversation, for as long as you live. Because even though I'm young, I listen, and listening earns me points in the big scary world.

So I hope we can have another year together, and get even stronger. We became JMs together, now what else can we accomplish? Let's find out.

Now to you, YWS, and Nate. I never knew how much I loved writing until I came here. I never knew that you could make friends over the internet. I never knew you could like a website as much as I like this one; never knew you could be addicted to a site. But I have stuck with you, and I love you YWS! And Nate, as others, I thank you so much for creating this site for me and people like me, who just want a safe place to go to talk, display, and fall deeper into the thing they love.

Classy

286 Reviews

Reviews: 286
Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:49 pm
silented1 says...

It's impossible to really encompass everything (and everyone) that is a part of YWS in words. But I'll try my best to convey the right ideas. And honor each of you the way you should be.

Kamas: For... Come on / talk to me more often and we'll have something to fill in. Oh, and being a strong and very hard worker and epic poetry writer.

PenguinAttack: For being truely awesome and helpful with all my poetry. And also for being the person whom I could trust to talk with at anytime, about anything. And for keeping me company in chat during the late hours. And being epicly nice.(could go on for a while)

Jagged: For being a brandnew friend and just cool.

Lilymoore: For making this, ofcourse and for playing numerous games with me in chat.

LastPaladin: For being a good reviewer and helping with my poetry as well.

Solvalery: For being insane / entertaining.

Papercrane: For making those few days I spoke with her very interesting.

Galerius: For being interesting and an awesome reviewer.

Prok(insert rest of name here): For being very interesting and fun.

Aetlindling: For the jokes we've played.

Captian.Classy: For all the awesome support and niceness and everything. Thank you. You're sometimes too good of a friend.

Jabberhut: Or as I like to call her, Just rehab her, because it sounds like jabber. I never really explained that, or I did and I don't remember. Either way, I'm reexplaining it now. I call you just rehab her also because you help to cheer everyone up and you mend broken days. Just like rehab!! =DD!

Flower~child: You always work to better your writing, it's an inspiration to all or atleast it sould be and I marvel at the thought of the poetry you will produce someday soon. Keep going christy.
May be gone but not forgotten: Moriah Leila, and Juniper.
Last edited by silented1 on Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:51 am, edited 5 times in total.
[quote]If it's arguable, then it probably is." - Xeriana X

Link to my will review for food thread: topic71713.html

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:38 am
LadyPurple says...

*clings onto spot in which I claim* So....yeah... I claim this spot.
You're new? Great seas! Why haven't you gone to the Buddy System yet?

You're dealing with writers. The words "normal" and "usual occurrence" do not compute.
~Rosey Unicorn

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:53 am
Snoink says...

HEY, YOU. YOU'RE AWESOME.

Love, Snoink.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

153 Reviews

Reviews: 153
Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:14 am
Jagged says...

Mine.
Spoiler! :
To-marrydo list: Rosey, Kyl, Lumi, Nutteh, chib, Bloo, Ducky McSinisterduck, angel, Pengu, Arris, Navi, aet, Kams, ed, M³, chat-people and Nate.

In the meanwhile:
♥♥♥♥♥
Last edited by Jagged on Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lumi: they stand no chance against the JAG SAFETY BLANKET

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:25 am
Lava says...

I wrote this out and never scanned it as I was lazy. Here it is:
Yearbook_small.jpg
Yearbook_small.jpg (814.39 KiB) Viewed 401 times

To:
AquaMarine - I loff you and your space muffin. *Bazinga* You've been an amazing person and I wish I could enjoy running (your marathon signups) like you. I really do.

BenFranks - The first thing that pops in my head is 'Non Fiction.' And I love your love for it. You're a right ol' chap and it's been great to know you.

Big_Cheesy_Grin - Skype buddy! Thanks for those fail skype talks. It was fun talking to you and goodness, I love your accent. We must talk more.

Demeter - Earring love! Also; you're awesome! Stay that way! And Supernatural!

ElinorBrynn - Get back to your superwoman-ness! <3 And you did!

Evi Because calling you Eeveee is the cutest.

fluteluvr77 - My movie buddy! Love you.

H - For an interesting chat and sharing a birthday!

idraax - Fishy hug! It's just been a while since I've gotten to know, but you're really sweet. You must teach me some dialogue skillz. :P

Kamas - We haven't really spoken much, 'cept about French and sporks. :P But, yes, you're pretty cool. We must talk more often.

Jabberhut - Because the Jabbers is an awesome Jabber who jabbered on my Jabber. <3.14 And for being an awesome Larvitar who misses his blankey in my dream.

Jenthura - For your amazing art skills that never cease to amaze me.

Juniper - You've given me some good artsy advice before. <3 Your photography rocks! I do miss seeing your name around, though.

lilymoore - The best YWS sistah I could ask for. I love your dedication to YWS and how you have these awesome ideas bouncing off your head. We must talk lots, 'kay? And The cake was soo goeey and yumm! Hope you enjoyed yours.

MeanMr.Mustard - I enjoy reading your posts in the debate. There are loads of times, when I read your posts just to enjoy them and hope that I can write better. You really do inspire me.

Meep-Smileyface - I've seen you around for a long while yet, I just got to know you and you're awesomesauce!

Navita - I love your poetry and reading them makes me just say 'wow.' I love the way you critique and it's been a pleasure to get to know you.

PinkShearWater - You're an awesometastic friend who's older than me by a few days. ;D

Rosey Unicorn - The fist person I met on YWS, I loved your pink font! You're a great friend. And I love your commitment to your work. It inspires me. Really.

Sachiko - For that awesome avatar!

Sadhana I met you on YWS and you're an amazing friend and I'm glad to have found you on your blog! <3 I think you're a really sweet persona and it doesn't matter what your current course is. As long as you enjoy writing/reading/critiquing, you'll always be welcomed here. Do come back, even if you are on a writing hiatus. Please.

Shubhi - You're the sweetest adopted kid I could have. <3 You've been a good friend and I'm amazed to see how much your writing has progressed. That is one giant improvemnt.

silented1 - It was a fun Skype! Here are some apples for you!

Snoink - Engineer! <3 You are awesome. Just letting you know. I look up to your engineering-y stuff like you're my senior akka.

Vulcan - Bolty! You're a complete NUT. A freakin' awesome nut.

And shout outs to Inbetweener, Skins, Kyllorac, SporkPunk, StellaThomas, Writersdomain, PenguinAttack, Vanadis, Solavalery, Isha, Kitty15, RangerHawk, BondGirl007, Tigersprite, captain.classy, Meshugenah(Meshganesh!), Jagged, Mr.Knightley and Gladius. Maybe we haven't spoken much, but you guys are still great friends.

Oh and not to forget Nate; we wouldn't be here without you! (:
YWS, you've helped me grow not just as a writer but in numerous ways. I know I can count on all of you here.
Love y'all!
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:23 am
Bloo says...

So, yearbook post...hrmm.

Well, in less than a month I will be doing something pretty similar to this, two years on the site and all, so writing this seems like a waste, so I will be sort. I like the word so.

Well, hard to find the words to describe YWS, I don't know what my life would be like if I hadn't decided to click a Yahoo Answers question. I know I spend far too much time on it, so probably I would of been a productive member of society without it, but I would of been a very bored one. The users, or rather a small percentage that I know and like, are amazing, and have made me laugh and care, you melted my cold heart like a cool island song, or warmed my hear with a hot island song, maybe you cooled my hot heart with a cool island song, or even rocked my heart with a happy island song. (+five awesome if you got that reference) So...other than making an obscure TV reference, I do not know what to say, so maybe I should do shoutouts.

My Skype Crew: Yeah, I'm lazy so I will not go into specifics, and plus I tried doing specifics and had a blank. You guys are amazing, you've helped me out of some bad times, when I felt terrible you up lifted me, and I almost anted to shout eagle in a girly voice (+10 for that one) But I feel like I barely know any of you, and sort of feel like a stranger sometimes, and I can only think of something to specifically say to two of you, and I can only say one of those.

FALCON SHOUT OUT

You stowaways are cool.

Hope and Frenchie and RK9 and InsaneNut and some other people who should know who they are: Iunno, you people are cool people.

To the people who deluded themselves into thinking they are the above: HaHa Skins - You just failed epically. I'm in here now. Lots of hate, Skins.

Yeah...that was pathetic, but it's all I could think to say *cough* I'm terrible at shout outs *shrug*

So yeah. Bye.
Last edited by Bloo on Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:49 am
StandStrong says...

Well, this is my first year back since 2007 as C Elocina.... and I can't say how much this place helped my writing out back then! I suspect it will still keep on giving, but as of yet I haven't submitted anything. I love this community and am so glad/proud that it has remained intact during the time I was gone! So many sites wither, but not this!

I am happy to have rediscovered old friends and made new ones! Cheers to YWS!
Bob: hmm, there's a lesson in all this.
Mr. Eglamore: Okay. Let's hear it.
Bob: Never let sixty angry kids use a herd of laser cows to take over your house.

Gunnerkrigg Court is awesome.
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=632

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:51 am
IsebellaLynnette says...

What a year! Even though I haven't been here that long. And then I basically took November off because of NaNoWriMo. But anyway, here are my shoutouts! :D

Mizzle: One of the first to welcome me to the site, she's also offered me advice in several aspects of life as a member of YWS' big happy family. ;)
Lava: The first one to welcome me here. She was also the one that told me I had to make a new topic in the Welcome Mat.
Elinor Brynn: A totally awesome friend who can't seem to stop changing her avvie. XD But she's been a great support and we did NaNo together! At least, as buddies! Thanks for being there for me. Keep writing!
Jagged: We seem to have fallen a bit out of touch. :/ But I still thank you very much for welcoming me here.
Ranger Hawk! Hey there, my friend! The RA Game has fallen behind a little, but we'll get back to it eventually. ;) Many thanks for the review on my (*cough*pathetic XD*cough*) NaNo prologue. I'll keep praying. Tell her that she's awesome and that all of us on YWS are supporting her.
AddictionToFiction: Remember all of those PMs on the NaNo site? ;) Ah, we had such a fun time together doing that. I still think the third week was the hardest, though. XD I apologize again about the anime contest. You should shoot me. Maybe use Vulcan's avvie to do that.
Calligraphy: You have made an awesome storybook that has not died out. I hope it never does. Merry (late) Christmas.
Roadnevertravelled: Hunger Games tribute buddy! 8D You should post soon in the SB. XD I love your character and how our tributes have been working together. Well, they are from the same district. Camaraderie? Well, anyway, happy holidays, fellow tribute. ;)
Day: Yes, another RA fan. ^_^ Your username on the NaNo site was epic. Keep writing into the New Year!
Skins: So many thanks for the helpful review on my NaNo prologue! Don't worry, I'm getting to your novel. It's keeping me busy though. ;)
Persephoneia: Thank you for the review; it was very helpful! The prologue's currently being torn up, courtesy of me XD, and I will definitely keep your tips in mind! Happy holidays.
Snoink: For being plain awesome. Dance, piggy, dance. :D
Gladius: Epic Zelda-nerd! The group page is totally awesome and very well-designed. Kudos. :) Just to let you know, I unfortunately did not get a LoZ game for Christmas, but I'm crossing my fingers for my birthday...
Nate: If you had not created this site, I would never have found so many awesome people and I would have been a lonely writer at home. Many thanks for the hard work you've done, and here's to many more years of this site.
To everyone else on this amazing, wonderful writers' site: Thank you for being a part of the community this year, and I'm looking forward to seeing you all next year.
May you all have a happy holiday season! :D

~BeL
Last edited by IsebellaLynnette on Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"There's a big difference between shooting a target and shooting a charging Wargal. A target isn't usually trying to kill you."
~Halt, Ranger's Apprentice Book Two: The Burning Bridge

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:10 pm
BeckFletch. says...

I here by reserve this here spot for my 2010 year book message.
'The more solitary, the more friendless, the more unsustained I am, The more I will respect myself' - Jane Eyre, Charlotte Brontë.

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:27 pm
Mira says...

Reserved. :)
"Smiles make the world go round." ~ Me

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:33 pm
Warrior Princess says...

Throws self over spot and says "You'll have to kill me first!"
You must be swift as the coursing river,
With all the force of a great typhoon,
With all the strength of a raging fire,
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon.

532 Reviews

Reviews: 532
Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:36 pm
ArcticMonkey says...

Okay, I've been on YWS for over a year now and I just feel really happy here. When people are like, "Do you have no social life, going on YWS all the time?" I'm like, "I've built up a social life of YWS!" Here are my personal shoutouts!

MysticalBlood You were the first YWSer I was properly friends with, and even though you don't go on much, you are my favourite user. I learnt quite a few things about writing from you, so thanks! You're a great writer, and I wish you well for the future!
Demeter Moi moi Demie! You've gone from a scary mod person to one of my closest friends. You taught me Finnish and then I made a fool of myself talking in Finnish on one of the radio shows, remember? D'awwe :)
BenFranks My British friend! I enjoy our talks and you are a very funny guy with a very British nose!
BondGirl007 Yo, when I first met you I asked for your autograph because you were a celebrity. Remember? Haha. We've had some good times since then.
GoldenQuill You deserve a say, you helped me with my writing immensely!
Geronimo Manchester, Paramore and all nighters! That is all xD
Isha You are an amazing writer, and your advice is just amazing. Our friendship has grown and I loffle you! :)
KAH I love your jokes, our conversations are amazing. You are kahkah and I am tamtam :)
kiwisatsuma I love your reviews and Scrubs is amazing!
PuzzleAmazing, smart and Emmy-ish
RazHuni Thank you for your stories and chats!
Shubhi One of my closest YWS buds, you've helped me with my writing and you're great. Reviews are epic and you're writing has improved!
forsakinshadow You're not a goth! I love you and your zombie story. I miss our chats :')
ziggiefred Our music taste is amazing, Jimi Hendrix is amazing! I lurve him!

YWS I think has changed my life a bit. Because of YWS, the computer is in my room. My auntie thinks it's interesting how I talk to people all around the world, but sometimes need to talk to them late at night, which is a good reason for the computer to be in my room. Yaaay. I've discovered blogging, and think it's very awesome! My writing has improved, although some of my teachers don't agree... (Idiot teachers). I'm just grateful that I found this site, and have found people who share my interest for writing. I didn't know there could be so many. Thank you :')

~Tamara
Last edited by ArcticMonkey on Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Someone told me there's a girl out there, with love in her eyes and flowers, in her hair.

169 Reviews

Reviews: 169
Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:37 pm
Lethero says...

Figured I might as well do one.

PenguinAttak (Pengu): You're head is comfy. >.>

JabberHur (Jabbs): Thanks for all the reviews you used to do for me.

Puzzle (Mixed): You're fun to torture. Just remember, next time I tick you off, I'm picking on you for fun because you make it too easy. :P

Isha (Ish): You will worship his noodliness, the Flying Spaghetti Monster someday.

Solvalery (Sol): One last time, I'm not your uncle. -_- (And where is my burrito?)

Lilymoore (Lily): Now you can put me on yours. :P

Everyone Else: For the other people I never mentioned, I have nothing to say about you. I either can't think of anything or, I don't know you well enough.
Last edited by Lethero on Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fly, Fight, Win . . . in Air, Space, and Cyberspace.
-Air Force Mission Statement-

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

Monster is a relative term. To a canary, a cat is a monster. We're just used to being the cat.
— Henry Wu, "Jurassic World"