z

Young Writers Society

Poets you can read over and over and over.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:00 am
erratik_statik says...

Hey kids

Umm I've sort of discovered that I'm not really a huge fan of any of the so called 'classic' poets (dickinson, poe, blake etc). And this distaste for the classic has an effect on my writing.

So I was wondering, what are some favourite poets and/or poems and why?

And also, does anyone know of some really good contemporary poetry, I mean the really boundary pushing stuff, posmodern?

For the record, my favourite poet is T.S Eliot by a landslide. Three faves are The Love song Of J Alfred Prufrock, The Wasteland and Rhapsody On A Windy Night.

:-)
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas. . . . . .

"The Lovesong of J Alfred Prufrock" T.S Eliot

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:02 pm
Krupp says...

My favorite poet as of now is Charles Bukowski. I'm not sure if you could call him post-modernist, but he's known as 'one of the most imitated' poets of our time, so...that might be a good start. Personally, he's really known, and this is just from what I've observed, for moving poet wording into natural speaking and english. But he does have some great poems that will impress. I suggest the book "Come On In!"
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:18 pm
WritingWords says...

My favorite poets are children poets: Shel Silverstein, Jack Prelutsky, and Brian Lansky. They're really funny and they have ridiculous ideas that are so imaginative! I love their poems because they rhyme and and just makes your day a little better. You could certainly get ideas from their poems! :)
Please follow me on all my writing quests by clicking "Follow" on my Profile. Thanks!

Popularity Wars Chapter Three is now here:
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/post735878.html#p735878

Please review!! Love ya!

If you are tired remember it's a sign that you haven't expired
— fatherfig