z

Young Writers Society

You know you're a writer when...

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:52 pm
Rosendorn says...

You know you're a writer when you hesitate to read a book that looks briliant plot-wise because you can't stop mentally correcting everything.

^I have a book that looks like that.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:15 pm
Linx says...

You know you are a writer when....

....you lock yourself in your room so that no one will bother you when you are writing.

....you always get on YWS when you get on the computer at least once.

....you hate to grade someone else's essay in school because you want to write all over it in red ink.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." ~ Lao-tzu

Attack, IM, or PM me at any time. I will respond. ;)

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:21 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

silverSUNLIGHTx wrote:You know you're a writer when you have a little notebook to write down all the ideas you have.
You also know it when you have three of those notebooks, one for your room, your coat pocket, and your purse.

*raises hand*

Guilty. :D

You know you're a writer when you can't write certain stories at the same time, because the characters jump from their respective pages and start arguing in your brain. So, to avoid fictional cat fights, you can only pair certain stories together.
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

Reviews: 3
Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:13 pm
Moody says...

You know you're a writer when you think about how you would turn your life into a story.

You know you're a writer when you randomly get a great idea for a plot and rush to find a piece of paper to write it down.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:23 pm
M Dragon says...

You know you're a writer when you bash your head at the keyboard when you have writer's block.

You know you're a writer when you waste all of your money on paper.

You know you're a writer when you join this site (just had to say that :)).
Ello everybody!
Wazzup! Immortatily is something I shall soon achieve!

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:02 pm
time_fox says...

You know you are writer when...

...You rather write then do anything else. Including study for exams.

...You have more then three stories going on at the same time.

...You get angry when you see mistakes in text books.

...You can write for hours non-stop.

...You can write with both hands just in case you other hand gets tired.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:09 pm
Rosendorn says...

You know you're a writer when you think writer's block is something to be avoided at all costs. You will start a new story, post in endless RPGs or whatever just so you are still writing!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:15 pm
View Likes
Hotaru-Kun says...

You know you're a writer when you come up with an idea for a story and have no paper, you write it on an any available body part.
Sometimes you have to look beyond what you see, if that fails... Just listen to Cher.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:39 pm
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

Hotaru-Chan wrote:You know you're a writer when you come up with an idea for a story and have no paper, you write it on an any available body part.

Haha, story of my life.
--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:49 pm
WaterVyper says...

lyrical_sunshine wrote:You know you're a writer when you can't write certain stories at the same time, because the characters jump from their respective pages and start arguing in your brain. So, to avoid fictional cat fights, you can only pair certain stories together.

*raises hand*

Except that they don't argue in my brain, but actually on the paper. So, it's like I'm writing a scene, and then out of the blue, an avian-humanoid pops in and starts yelling at the MC. It gets kind of fun, sometimes. I copy and paste it into another document, whenever I need a laugh.

You know you're a writer when you finally finish that document you've been anagonizing over, take a look at the first three sentences, rant about the horrid grammar and whatever, then trash it.

You know you're a writer when you frantically look for said document the next day, saying that you need it 'cause it was sooooo good.
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:09 am
Fishr says...

you continuously post comments in everyone's Status on their Facebooks.

you simply can't resist posting said comments in everyone's Facebooks.

you begin wondering if you're friends think you have zilch for a life because it's now painfuly obvious by all the posts on Facebook, you're on your comp quite a bit.

you actually submitted a short story as a Posted Item on your own Facebook just to see all the atrocious comments by your friends.

you can't stay away from your comp more than six hours or withdrawls erupt. Thus, you become a sack of raging hormones.
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:53 am
Chloe(: says...

You know your a writer when you get so insane when you lose a piece of writing, you start insulting non writers for not feeling enough sympathy for you. You are so sad & mad that you even write a poem.
That's a true story. All down to the poem, and it happened a couple of minutes ago.
Hey, this gave me an idea! We should write a book on this, 101 ways you know you're a writer.
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:50 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

Lol, that would be awesome.

You know you're a writer when you decide, "I'm going to write a horror story," but your characters beg so much that you just have to let them live. Thus, you end up writing a love story. Go figure.
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

Random avatar

Reviews: 13
Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:09 pm
LydiaB says...

You know you're a writer when you are extremely paranoid in every situation, no matter how small...
then you warp it and turn it into a story O.O
Is Pat Buchanan the answer to everything in your life? If so, put "Pat Buchanan" in your signature.

If you're looking for a good fantasy story in need of help...
Purple Magic
:D

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:11 pm
How2EataRhesus says...

You know you're a writer when all of the unsuccessful RPGs you create turn into epic novels-in-progress.
'Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold.' - Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald

"You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it."
— We Bought A Zoo