Young Writers Society

Ethica (Full)

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:04 am
Iggy says...

Plot:

Azril used to be a peaceful world, resting besides its neighbor, Zhora. Seventy years ago, a fight between the two rulers of the planet caused a nuclear war that left Zhora destroyed and nearly Azril as well. Rising from the ashes was a man named Jarlson. He was gifted with the power to 'manifest' objects, meaning he could create objects out of thin air. He built himself a kingdom out of the remains and named himself King. The people, awed by his power, called him their God and followed him. Insuring that no one would defy him, he made a set of rules called The Dictations.

The Dictations:
1. Anyone caught stealing will be killed.
2. Anyone caught killing another will be killed.
3. Anyone caught plotting against the King will be killed.
4. Anyone causing an Uprising will be killed.
5. Anyone caught hunting in the King's Forest will be killed.
6. Any peasant caught defying anyone of Upper Rank will be killed.

Twenty years ago, a fortune-teller predicted that the King would be overthrown by seven fifteen year olds born in t month of September. She didn't know when and she didn't know how, but they will come soon. The King, afraid for his kingdom, ordered for every teenager born in the month of September to die before their fifteenth birthday.

It's been seventeen years since the fortune-teller told the King of his downfall. You are one of the seven fifteen-year-olds. The day you were born in September, you were teleported to a city under-ground by the name of Ethica to live besides other children born in September. In Ethica, you were raised by a group of people called The Guardians. A month before September, all the fourteen year olds were called inside the Determination room to see if you are one of the six heroes. The test that determines whether or not you are is unknown.

Name:
Age (you haven't taken the test yet so you're still 14): 14.
Appearance (picture please):
Power:
Ring (matches your power) (picture):
Personality:
History:
Other:

The Saviors:

The Acqua Savior: This Savior is calm and care-free, much like the waters. But, like during a storm, if you piss the Savior off, he/she will be out-of-contol and dangerous. The Acqua Savior has the ability to heal wounds and 'blood bend', which means he/she can control the water in your blood, thus cotroling your every movement.

The Fuoco Savior: This Savior is hot-headed and has a firery temper. He/she will not take orders from anyone and is stubborn. He/she can create a fire out of thin air and has a warm body tempature even in the coldest place. He/she can take away your wamth and have you freeze to death.

The Terra Savior: This Savior is level-headed and down-to-earth. He/she can be hard to convince, but will see the sense in it. He/she are very stronge and wiry. He/she can create eartquakes and cracks in the earth.

The Aria Savior: This Savior is wise and clever. He/she is petite and built to run like he/she is gliding on the ground. He/she is the fastest runners. He/she can fly through the air and will it to move even the largest boulder.

The Spirito Savior: This Savior is very influencing. He/she can influence your soul, mind, and spirit. He/she can make you feel confident, depressed, upset, heart-broken, etc. He/she can also influence positive d negative energy around him/her. He/she can interact with departed spirits.

The Sole Savior: This Savior is sunny and cheerful. He/she makes everyone feel happy even in a dark situation. He/she can direct sunlight to burn something/someone. Much like fire, he/she can suck the warmth from your body. He/she can also suck away your every happy thought.

The Luna Savior: This Savior is dark and mysterious. He/she can make you feel so depressed and sad. He/she can create darknessto blanket himself/herself from anyone. He/she can blend into the shadows. He/she can also take your sadness away, making you feel better when something terrible has happened.

The seven Saviors and their powers:
Water/Acqua: Hanna Hastings.
Fire/Fuoco: Jae Dawn.
Earth/Terra: Grace Johnson.
Air/Aria: Kami Meyers.
Spirit/Spirito: Keaton.
Sun/Sole: Clytie Ellen.
Moon/Luna: Rey Hardstone.

Rules:
- basic YWS rules apply.
- No sex scenes.
- No god-modding.
- Proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling.

Have fun!

- Ariel.

Ethica DT
Last edited by Iggy on Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:12 pm, edited 6 times in total.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1417
Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:07 pm
Noelle says...

Sounds like fun! I'll join. :)

Name: Kami Meyers
Spoiler! :
images3.jpg
Her eyes are black.
images3.jpg (8.13 KiB) Viewed 284 times

Power: Air
Spoiler! :
images4.jpg
images4.jpg (7.03 KiB) Viewed 284 times

Personality: She's a hard worker and never gives up. She's a good friend and can't possibly be mean to anyone. Nothing scares her.
History: As she grew up in Ethica, she slowly found out why she was there. Determined to figure out what tests they were running, she had tried to sneak into the Determination room, but it was to no avail. Shs failed every time.
Other: nothing I can think of

I hope this is okay! Let me know if I have to change anything. I really wasn't sure what to write for history.
Noelle is the name, reviewing and writing cliffhangers is the game.

Writer of fantasy, action/adventure, and magic. Huzzah!

"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done." -- Steven Wright

YWS is life

96 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 96
Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:44 pm
noninjaes says...

Name: Jae Dawn
Spoiler! :
images.jpg
images.jpg (5.63 KiB) Viewed 279 times

Power: Fire Fuoco
Spoiler! :
ring.jpg
ring.jpg (7.11 KiB) Viewed 279 times

Personality: Fierce and quick to anger but intelligent. She has a bit of a sense of humour but rarely shows it. Jae is unpredictable and at times mentally unstable. She is also a bit of a trouble maker. Like a fire, she can be helpful when under control, but if you turn away for one moment, she will flare out of control.
History: Unwillingly taken from her home, Jae has spent her years in Ethica waiting for the test, and waiting for the chance to take revenge on those who took her from her home.
Other: Jae is a black belt in karate though she prefers not to use her skills. Up for love.
Gleek456, maybe possible sparring partners?
Last edited by noninjaes on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:24 am, edited 4 times in total.
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016
Stories Not Otherwise My Own

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers
Being awesome since Jan 2012.

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:52 pm
gleek456 says...

Reserve spot for Earth please! This sounds cool!
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:17 pm
gleek456 says...

Name: Grace Johnson

Age (you haven't taken the test yet so you're still 14): 14

Appearance (picture please): Grace has dark, black hair and green eyes. She has a tall and slim figure.

Spoiler! :
132156.jpg
Grace
132156.jpg (24.78 KiB) Viewed 258 times

Power: Earth/Terra

Spoiler! :
green_ring.jpg
Green Ring
green_ring.jpg (59.66 KiB) Viewed 258 times

Personality: Grace looks like she has an intimidating demeanor. Well, she doesn't. She's a bit cold-hearted and gets annoyed very easily. Grace is pretty kind, and thinks of others too. She is a bit childish, and would always have a craving for sweet things. She is playful and laid back. She's the both opposites of everything.

History: Grace doesn't really remember her past, since she was immediately transported to Ethica. She has no clue why she's in the Determination Room, but is slowly starting to understand.

Other: Up for love. Grace is great at hand-to-hand combat.
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:59 pm
DarthAJ says...

Name: Rey Hardstone

Appearance:

Spoiler! :

Power: Moon

Ring:

Spoiler! :

Personality:

Rey is a happy go lucky fellow. He loves to be friends with anything that moves, he has a sunny deposition and always wants to believe the best in people. You will not see any negativity from him.

Despite his positive attitude when things get rough and when the situation is difficult he will be calm and focus on solving the problem through positivity. Many see him as slightly childish due to this but he is mature on the inside, his outer personality has been a way for him to fend off the fights that take place within him.

History:

While other children in his position hold hate for the people that snatched them away when they were born, Rey tries to be more understanding. He has a simple policy, he feels its been so long since they had been snatched that there's no point in believing, "What if..." anymore.

He hopes that they were snatched for good reasons and that eventually everything will make sense in the end.

Other:

He is enthusiastic about painting and pets.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:05 am
Iggy says...

Name: Hanna Hastings.

Spoiler! :

Power: Water.

Spoiler! :

Personality: Hanna is:
- A smart, clever, and wise one.
- A talented and beautiful girl.
- Sarcastic, caring, and sweet.

History: She grew up in Ethica her entire life. She helps out by cooking and cleaning.

Other: She's up for love.
- Lewis Carroll

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:55 am
Dragonette says...

Can I call a spot for a Spirit boy? If I don't have a full profile in in two days, you can kick me out. Sound good?
I'm a JESUS FREAK! (but you can call me a 'Jeek' if you want :D

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You aren't an official writer unless you're at least slightly mad.

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:00 am
Sassafras says...

I'll take the sun male. Hey, I want to play too.
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:33 am
Iggy says...

Two days. Once you two make your profiles, we can start.

And I know! I'm brilliant! ^-*

Could everyone please introduce themselves at thd Ethica DT?
- Lewis Carroll

161 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:37 am
Sassafras says...

Name: Clytie Ellen (Cly)

Spoiler! :
This was once my profile picture.

Power: Sun

Spoiler! :

Personality: Cly is a bright and happy person, he tries not to let anything get him down and sad. He's usually warm and friendly but can turn the heat up when the situation calls for it. He doesn't like being the bearer of bad news and will try with all his might to make everyone smile. He could be on his deathbed trying to tell a joke to make everyone feel better, that's just how he is.

He's strong and stands up for what he believes and will fight for others, even strangers. His temper rarely spikes but when it does he can't control himself, that is the main reason he tries to not let anything bother him.

History: When Clytie was born his Mother knew she would only have fourteen years with her precious sun before he was ordered away. Because she and her husband knew they had little time with Cly they showed him as much love as possible while they still had him. Cly grew up as happy as any boy could possibly be. His family wasn't very rich but they gave him everything that Cly needed - love. Clytie has a older brother and a little sister, his little sister he protects with his life and his older brother protects Clytie with his life.

When Cly was taken away everyone in the family was devastated and so was he for a while but after about a week of depression Cly was back to his normal self. He tried to make others in his situation happier and just make Ethica a better place.

Other: He has a bad habit of falling into day dreams fairly quickly. If there is a lapse in action for even a mere five seconds Cly will retreat into his mind, and sometimes it takes a few snaps of the fingers or a push of the shoulder to get him out. He also stutters when he's nervous.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:54 am
Dragonette says...

Here's my character. I'm still kinda touching up on the profile, I just kinda scribbled it down, but here it is anyways! :D

Name: Keaton

Age: Well considering the fact that we're all 14, I'm not sure why this slot is necessary...

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Power: Spirit/spirito

Ring:
Spoiler! :
Image It can also be a mood ring.

Personality: Keaton wants to be a sweet boy. He really does. But his nature makes it hard for him. Like it's natural for him to be "evil" but wants to do good, he wants people to like him. So he fights it (though he doesn't always win). So despite everything he finds himself becoming more and more bitter and tough and he likes black and dark shadows.

History: Keaton's mother hid Keaton's true birth date from the world, saying that he was born in August instead of September. But on Keaton's twelfth birthday, one of his little sisters over-heard her parents discussing the matter and then told some of her friends about Keaton's real birthday, and those friends told their fathers, and those fathers told the police. Needless to say Keaton had to battle and flea for his life. Keaton servived, but sadly the kings police killed his family.
For months Keaton hid a ran from the king's men. Thankfully the Guardians found him first and brought him to Ethica. So he's been in Ethica for a little over a year and he hates it. He doesn't let it show, he just keeps to himself and the shadows, and waits for the day when he can go out and kill the king.
But let me give you a little bit of a background history before all of this happened. Keaton grew up in a big family of nine and loved them all. His father's trade was a copier (you know, before printers, people had to copy things by hand), and a scribe. His children helped him with the business and this of course includes Keaton. So Keaton is very talented with ink: drawing, calligraphy, and making the stuff.

Other: Up for love ;)
Last edited by Dragonette on Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:53 pm, edited 6 times in total.
I'm a JESUS FREAK! (but you can call me a 'Jeek' if you want :D

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You aren't an official writer unless you're at least slightly mad.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:29 am
DarthAJ says...

@ReisePiecey

It looks like our characters are gonna be great friends :)

933 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:33 am
Iggy says...

Kay, let's get started. The scene starts off with your character getting a note from a womam ordering you to go to thd Determination Room.

Dear __________, report to the Determination Room A.S.A.P.

At the doors, you show your letter to a man guarding the door. Once inside, take a seat, and wair for the others to come in. Feel free to socialize.

Start every post with your name and the Latin term for your power.

Hanna Hastings - Acqua

Dear Hanna Hastings, report to the Determination Room A.S.A.P.

Arriving at the entrance to the Determinaion Room, I showed my letter to the guard. He nodded and took it, placing it in a slot in the door. The doors opened and I walked into a grand room with a elegant table, a cart of waters, and sandwiches. Sitting at the table was aold woman, with her hair tied back in a neat bun.

"Hello Hanna. Please have a seat, we're waiting for the other six."
- Lewis Carroll

161 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:52 am
Sassafras says...

Clytie Ellen - Sun/Sole

Dear Clytie Ellan, report to the Determination room A.S.A.P.

I walked up to the guard and handed him my note. He took it without so much as a glance my way. Now, what if I wasn't actually Clytie and was just an imposer with a card, what would happen then? He'd get fired probably.

"Good morning," I said cheerfully. He then look at me then, with dull black eyes he watched me for a second before sighing and shaking his head.

"Just go in, kid," he mumbled. I nodded and waved to him before entering the open door. Through the doors was a huge room that had amazing decor. I've never been inside anything this fancy before. I looked around and saw a table with sandwiches and water. I grabbed one of each and went to greet the lady that was there.

"Hello," I greeted her.

"Hello, Clytie. Have a seat, the other five should be here shortly." I thanked her before going to sit across the table from another girl.

"I'm Cly Ellen," I said, giving my best smile. She smiled back, not nearly as wide, and shook my hand briefly.

"Hannah Hastings," she replied. I pulled my hand back and studied her face closer than before, something about it was familiar.

"Hey," I started, "don't you help serve the food and clean up?" She nodded and smiled at me.

"Yes, I do."

"Oh, I thought I've seen you somewhere before." She just nodded so I stared at the ceiling, waiting for the others to arrive so that whatever was about to happen would just happen already.
Last edited by Sassafras on Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

I have hated words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right.
— Markus Zusak, The Book Thief