z

Young Writers Society

Ethica (Full)

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:30 pm
Dragonette says...

Alright, so what's next? Give us a lead off, Iggy. I really like this SB and I don't want it to die!
Last edited by Dragonette on Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a JESUS FREAK! (but you can call me a 'Jeek' if you want :D

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You aren't an official writer unless you're at least slightly mad.

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1417
Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:41 pm
Noelle says...

Dragonette: that's the second time I've messed up like that! I'll change it.
Noelle is the name, reviewing and writing cliffhangers is the game.

Writer of fantasy, action/adventure, and magic. Huzzah!

"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done." -- Steven Wright

YWS is life

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:52 am
Sassafras says...

Spoiler! :
Name: Renchi Barnes

Age (you haven't taken the test yet so you're still 14): 14.

Appearance (picture please): Image

Power: None -sad face-

Ring (matches your power) (picture): N/A

Personality: Ren is a very happy-go-lucky person. She's the happiest when she's helping someone else. She doesn't like conflict and when people fight and will do anything for what she believes is right. Overall Renchi is just a sweet and determined girl.

She's pretty good at telling who means her harm and who genuinely wants to befriend her.

History: When Ren was born her mother died from too much stress on her body, she was taken in by her older brothers and lived with them until she had to go away, her father left once he found out Renchi had been conceived. They taught her how to love and how to be a good person. They wanted her to grow up to be strong and independent so they taught her everything she needed to know. She loves her brothers more than anything but wishes she could have known her mom.

Other: She carries a flute around with her and plays it to relax herself and others.

Renchi Barnes~

Dear Renchi Barnes, please report to the Determination room A.S.A.P

I smiled down at the note and folded it before putting it in my pocket. It was about time, I'd been waiting for this day ever since I arrived here at Ethica. I literally skipped down towards the Determination room. I knew the exact path there, memorized the route for when it would be my turn to enter. I shoved my note into the guards face, ready for him to just take it so I could enter. I guess it was a bit rude but I wasn't really thinking about being rude at the moment. I was more excited than anything. The door opened and I nearly ran inside.

The interior was beautiful, fit for royalty, and I felt special just being in there. I took a seat beside a few people I've seen walking around before. I opened my mouth to say hi but, because I was the last one to enter, the lady immediately started. Everyone stood and held out their hands, speaking names and getting rings. It was then I realized there was an odd number of people. Someone was not getting a ring but I hope that unlucky person wouldn't be me.

My turn came and I stood up without the lady having to tell me to. I shot out the names rapid fire but none came to me. A confused expression crossed my face before I sighed and sat down. Tears burned at my eyes but I held them back, not wanting to seem like a baby. This was not the end of the world...

"All hail Renchi Barnes, the Savior Assistant."

"Assistant," I asked. The lady nodded and I smiled widly. Jumping up again with a determined look on my face.

"I'll take what I can get and I promise to do my best." Everyone else got a ring and the lady left us for a while, mentioning something about informing the boss before she quickly walked away. I smiled at all the Saviors and decided to introduce myself.

"My name is Ren. I guess I'm your assistant."
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:03 am
gleek456 says...

Grace Johnson- Terra

I stared at the girl who was now the "Saviour Assistant". I crossed my arms and legs in my seat and slightly nodded.

"Interesting. The Saviours need an assistant?" I looked over to the woman, whose eyebrow shot up. She nodded and crossed her arms.

"We need someone who can keep you all together and... not goof around," she replied. I nodded and gave her a "mhmm". I stood up and approached the girl. She seemed a bit scared of me. Interesting. I extend my hand.

"Grace Johnson, Terra Saviour," I introduced myself. I used my free hand to flip my black hair and tuck a strand behind my ear.

(Hope this is okay Reise!)
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:18 am
Iggy says...

Hanna Hastings - Acqua.

The woman stood up. "I never thought I'd see this day. All of the Seven Saviours, in one room. This is extraordinary. Those rings, they are extremely important. Your powers have been hidden from everyone - including you - since you were born. They are hidden in the unconcious part of your mind. Think, have you ever felt different around water? At night, when the moon is out?"

"I always have better mornings." Cly said.

The woman nodded. "Exactly my point."

"These rings unlock our powers?" Jae asked

"They help you channel the power until you can wield it expertly. To do that, you need to train. Even when you're fully experienced, you should still wear the ring. The ring is of great power. You will need it if yu wish to defeat Jarlson." The woman explained.

Hanna fingered the ring. "Thank you, Ms..?"

"Yeah, who are you? I've never seen you around." Rey asked.

"I am Emilia, the Saviour Priestess." Emilia said.

The others looked confused. Hanna gasped. "You're the King's daughter! The one born in September!"

"Your own father tried to kill you?" Jae's eyes widened.

"Anything for his kingdom." She said bitterly. "A month before my fifteenth birthau, my nursemaid, Ahelica, came to take me far away. She had overheard my father talk of killing me and staging it as a suicide. Ahelica told me to write a suicide letter and break the window, as if I had ran through the window and down into the road twenty feet below. Then, we traveled here. But, along the way, we met the fortune teller. She handed me this box of rings, a list of the ring's powers, and their Latin names. Off of her middle finger, she gave me this." Emilia showed the Saviour's a beautiful purple ring. "Much like my father, I have powers as well. I cannot manifest objects, but I can multiply and ckontrol objects."

"You have powers too?" Hanna asked.

Emilia held out her hand. "Aqcua, Fuoco, Terra, Aria, Spirito, Sole, Luna!" All the rings flew off of the Saviour's, leaving them weak. Emilia chuckled and locked the rings away."You grow use to the weak feings.

"Why are you putting them away?" Cly asked."

"For safe-keeping." She replied. "Now, go eat dinner, pack a few senrimental things, and sleep."
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

96 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 96
Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:00 am
noninjaes says...

Jae Dawn
Fuoco

I watched the woman as she spoke to us. The King has power! I didn't know that. Suddenly, she called out all the Latin names and all the rings flew to her. A mine left my hand, I felt rather chilly and weak. She told us to go to dinner and prepare our things.

I decided to skip dinner and just grabbed a snack from the communal pantry. Snacking on the packet of chips, I headed to my room. So we are going to be moved from here; how am I going to have revenge now? I guess that time will come when it does.

When I reached my room, I started sorting through my meagre possessions. I grabbed a small backpack and began packing some of the items. My photo of my family (a definite), a few sets of clothes, my gold anklet (a gift from my best friend Lauren who was fortunate enough to of not been born in September, and my most prized possession: A small glass vile filled with something amazing - a small bright fire that never burns out and has no source. A traveller gave it to me. She told me that it is il fuoco che brucia senza ghiaccio - the fire that burns no ice. She also told me that one day, this sacred fire will be a part of a great choice of mine so I should hold it close.

I closed my eyes and put it in my pocket. I enjoyed feeling its warmth against my skin. I wonder what my great decision will be, I guess that one day I will find out.
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016
Stories Not Otherwise My Own

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers
Being awesome since Jan 2012.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:40 am
Dragonette says...

Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted lately. I've been meaning to! But school and home was kinda stressful today :/ And there was a big storm at my house last night, so tomorrow I'm doing community work, so I won't be able to do much then :( I know this sounds like a bunch of excuses (and I suppose they are) but I'm sorry! Forgive me. And I'll write as soon as I can.
I'm a JESUS FREAK! (but you can call me a 'Jeek' if you want :D

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You aren't an official writer unless you're at least slightly mad.

82 Reviews

Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:27 pm
gleek456 says...

Grace Johson- Terra

I hated this feeling. Weak and powerless without the ring. I can't wait to get it back on. I stood up and began making my way out of the Determination Room, giving a glare at the security gaurd. I saw Hanna exiting too, so I made my way towards her and linked my arm with hers.

"Hi Hanna," I said.

"Um, hi Grace," she replied. I smiled to her and let out a sigh.

"We haven't really talked all these years," I continue. Hanna nodded.

"Yeah," she answered. I cleared my throat.

"Now that we know that we are 'Saviours', we should try talking," I declared, giving air quotes to "Saviours". Hanna hesitated before nodding.

"Well, is there anything you like, hate, anything?" I asked, trying to keep a conversation.

(Hope this is okay Ignorance!)

933 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:21 am
Iggy says...

(@Dragonette, please put ()'s around OOC [out of character] posts!)

Hanna Hastings - Acqua

Hanna shook her head slightly, getting up to exit the Determination Room. She walkd into that room half hoping she wasn't one of the fifteen kids destined to either save the world or perish along the way. Makes math homework look like a piece of cake. She had always been the weak girl, the one who read and wrote poems. She wasn't too skinny, but she had a slight gut. She couldn't do one push-up, or run a mile without stopping once. Hell, she couldn't even punch hard enough. She remebered the rime she socked Joey with all her might. He had just laughed at her. He was so darn adorable when he laughed- Joey! She had to go tell him immediantly! Hanna set out to find him when she heard a female call her name. She turned around.

Hanna was quite suprised when the Terra girl, Grace, spoke to her. "I like kind people, dancing, and Water, or course. I hate liars, traitors, and thieves. I dislike people smacking, bugs, and corn dogs. You?" She smiled at Grace.
- Lewis Carroll

82 Reviews

Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:12 pm
gleek456 says...

Grace Johnson- Terra

I looked down to Hanna, who was smiling. I looked up to the sky as if I were searching for words.

"Well..." I started. "I like winning, music, leading, and nature. I hate ducks, don't ask why, rollercoasters, losing, and flames."

Hanna looked at me with a strange look. I just nodded and looked ahead of us.

"Ducks?" she asked.

"Yup. Like I said, don't ask why," I said. Hanna opened her mouth to say something, then closed it. I smiled as we entered the cafeteria. I unlinked my arm and put it to my side. The food looked... interesting. I looked up to the cafeteria lady and smiled sweetly.

"Do you have any greens?" I asked. The woman squinted at me, scooped up some salad, and plopped it on my plate. I looked at it for a second then smiled.

"Thank you," I said before sitting down.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:33 am
Iggy says...

Hanna Hastings - Acqua

Hanna smiled at Grace. "That's good to know! Please excuse me." Hanna got a salad and carried it up to her room, eating it slowly. She was a Saviour. She was one of the seven that would save the world. She will help defeat Jarlson, or die trying. Finally. It was finally her chance to kill that bastard. He will die a long and merciless death, and she'll just laugh.

Hana awoke to a man shaking her awake. He was wearing a hat and had shaggy brown hair, covering half bis face, revealing one bright blue eye.

"Joey!" She cried delightfully, hugging him.

He chuckled, returning her embrace. "Why hello there, Miss Acqua."

She grimaced. "Who told you?"

"Everyone knows about it. Emilia sent me to wake the seven, er, eight of you and send you to the Training Room."

"Eight? Oh, the Ren girl." Hanna nodded.

"Yeah. C'mon, I'm gona drop you off at the Training Room and I'll go get th others. Put on something comfortable."

Hanna nodded again and he walked out the door. She put on a light blue long-sleeved shirt and a pair of black jeans. She brushed her chocolate curls and washed her hair. Then, she used the restroom, washed her hands and brushed her teeth.

She skipped outside and locked the door. "I'm ready!"

Joey chuckled and slung an arm over her shoulder." Actually, come wake up the others with me."

Have Joey wake up your characters. When he does, he'll tell them to dress comfortably. When done getting ready, follow Joey to wake the others. As you can tell, he loves Hanna, and she loves him. They refuse to admit it. And Joey is very handsome. So, if someone wants to create some drama, be it with Hanna or Joey, go ahead xD
- Lewis Carroll

933 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:21 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Name: Joey Hollingsworth.

Appearance (picture please):
Spoiler! :

Power: Priest-In-Training.

Ring (matches your power) (picture): N/A.

Personality: Joey is a funny, sarcastic, and kind young man who makes everyone laugh all the time. He carws about everyone and will comfort a complete stranger. If you harm someone he loves, you get to see his bad side. When angry, his temper sparks out of control and he gets violent. Anger issues ;)

History: Joey met Hanna when they were kids and immediantly became best friends. He taught Hanna how to play Spit and do a cartwheel. He taught her to be kind to everyone and stand up for what she believes in. They have an unbreakable nbond, they only trust each other.

Other: He's madly in love with Hanna, but won't admit it. He has eyes for her only.
- Lewis Carroll

96 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 96
Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:37 am
noninjaes says...

Jae Dawn
Fuoco

Jae sunk down into her mattress, pulling the sheets up over her face. "Come on Jae, time to get up," said Joey. Jae groaned and rolled over to face the wall. Joey was a friend of Hanna's, some say that they had a little more going on but that wasn't Jae's business - She didn't listen in to gossip that much, yet alone participate in spreading it.
"Come on Jae," said Hannah, who was standing next to Joey, "we've got to go to the training room."
"All right, all right!" Jae grumbled, "I'll move when you leave." Hannah and Joey reluctantly left the room, leaving Jae to get ready. She rolled out of bed and landed on the floor, embracing the soft carpet. She then stood up and began to get ready, changing into a plain black singlet with spaghetti straps and a pair of maroon tights. She didn't put on any shoes, preferring bare feet. She brushed her strawberry blonde shoulder-blade length hair and pulled it back into a high ponytail. She brushed her teeth and then headed out to the training room.
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016
Stories Not Otherwise My Own

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers
Being awesome since Jan 2012.

One fish, two fish, red fish, aardvark.
— alliyah