z

Young Writers Society

The Mirror's Curse (full!)

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:27 pm
SubjectBlue says...

Hey! Ignoring me like that is just rude!
'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.' -Stephen G. Tallentyre

"Great minds think alike- idiots are unpredictable"

For Free!
topic86079.html

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:54 pm
Shadowlight says...

If your talking to me blue, I wasn't.
I'm sorry if you felt that way.
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:57 pm
icebender28 says...

Aritha:

Great. They found me. I thought as I climbed down from the tree.
"Okay, so who are you?" The grim reaper asked.
"What's it to you? I was just climbing a tree, minding my own business and you weirdos say I'm eavsdropping! I just wanted to get by without interrupting." I lied. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have a very important place to be right now."
"Where exactly?" The High Fea asked. I suddenly reconized him. His brown hair, and brown eyes.
"Kyler." I stated. "Still heading North?"
He glared at me. "Not really."
"Kyler, who is she?" The Nymph said.
"Her name is Aritha Gett. We should just send her on her way, if she wants to leave so bad." I did a sarcastic smile, and then continued glaring at him.

(I wrote this while other people were typing, so if it doesn't make sense, please ignore it.)
Last edited by icebender28 on Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is to be lived, not survived.

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:57 pm
gleek456 says...

(Oops, didn't see your post Icebender.)

Rosalie Levia

I though for a second. Where did I discard the Mirror again? The Springs? No. Somewhere in the trees? I don't think so. All I remember is I did it in the forest.

"Well, I don't know exactly, but I did it in the forest," I replied. Itaeo buried his face in his hands. Hector smirked. I turned to Hector.

"And by the way, it's Rosalie," I said sternly.
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

42 Reviews

Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:09 pm
Shadowlight says...

Itaeo Haruon

Well that's just great! over fifty miles, and ten of thousands of trees and she doesn't remember where she put it. Kylar seemed just as worried as I was.

"I need to find those items and destroy them!" he said gesturing wildly. Aritha was glaring from Kylar to me, something seemed off about her.

"Crap!" I growled. "Crap, crap, crap!"

"Yes Farmer we know, its crap." Hector droned, smirking at me. I was just about to give into my devilish fantasy and punch him in the nose, when I realized something.

"Hector, you can sense magical items better than any of us, do you think you could find it?" he looked at me suspiciously.

"Of course I could find it gardener boy." I waited, he didn't say anything more. I sighed, I needed to play nice this time.

"Would you find it?" then I added swallowing my pride. "Please?"

83 Reviews

Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:14 pm
SubjectBlue says...

Oh, fine then.

I was definitely getting to him, he started begging! No wasn't that delightful...
I sneered, cutting him in the middle of his excited lecture, "Don't you worry, farmer, I can feel the weakest sign of magic from some serious distance, and the mirror isn't weak, it's not around here, I assure you that."

I turned to the bunch of irritating faes
"Hey! You two! And the second tree-girl! You are spreading dark magic traces all around! How come every single person who ever had any contact with the freaking mirror is here?!"
'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.' -Stephen G. Tallentyre

For Free!
topic86079.html

42 Reviews

Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:24 pm
Shadowlight says...

Itaeo Haruon

"Isn't it obvious dragon?" I was crestfallen "The evil forces at work whatever they may be are trying to collect themselves. When one is effected by the mirror they in turn become part of whatever evil is growing. I don't know don't know what it is but the world is becoming restless, even the dead aren't peaceful."

30 Reviews

Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:13 pm
icebender28 says...

Aritha:

Stood at the edge of the clearing, wondering if anybody would notice me if I just left. I didn't feel like talking about the Mirror. It made me become cruel faster than not talking about it. But, this was getting interesting, so I leaned up against a tree and yawned. "You people seem to be able to talk for ever, but I need to go. So, hurry it up." I said as rude as possible.
"Have you seen the mirror?" Kyler asked.
"Of course I have. The annoying lizard already said that everybody here has seen the acursed object. So either you're deaf or an idiot." I smiled. It felt good to be mean.

83 Reviews

Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:25 pm
SubjectBlue says...

The little fae acted all tough, which was amusing, until she called me a 'lizard'
"I am Hector, the terror of Sliaris, the destroyer of Arenteol, the hunter of Quillerg and many more. Call me a lizard again, you pathetic sack of flesh, and I'll reap you apart to pieces so small a rat could swallow whole!"
She made sure I'm seeing, then yawned defiantly. I guessed that would happen.

she had guts, I'll give her that, but nobody can maintain that when a dragon roars three inches away from their face, the noise itself was enough to deaf her for some minutes, The huge, razor sharp fangs did the rest.
She backed away, holding her head between her hands and shaking.
I looked behind me, people were rubbing their ears in pain: "Now, with that settled, you were saying?"

For Free!
topic86079.html

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:25 pm
gleek456 says...

Rosalie Levia

I roll my eyes at Aritha. This new girl is starting to get on my nerves like Hector. I walk over to Aritha with my arms crossed.

"Well, you seem nice," I said teasingly. Aritha glared at me, while I smirked. I run my hands through my hair while I waited for her response.

(Wow, my post is short.)
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:30 pm
VuzzyCat says...

Kyler

"Well, you seem nice," the water nymph teased to the other high fae. I paused for a moment and looked around the clearing. Do I really need to be here? I asked myself before turning around.

"Where do you think you're going?" demanded the other high fae. The clearing soon became quiet, all eyes turned on me.

"Away," I said shortly without stopping.

"Why?" asked the water nymph.

"Because I don't work well in groups," Not neccisarrily true, but I really didnt feel like explaining the truth. That I really just liked being by myself. That I needed to find the mirror and destroy it and so far all these people have done is sit around insulting eachother. I could find the mirror, destroy it, and be back before they stopped bickering like milk maids.
I'm the author of my own life. Unfortunately I'm writing in pen. Mistakes I make can not be erased, the only option is to turn the page and start a new chapter. <3

I'm single because God is busy writing the best love story.
<3 VuzzyCat

30 Reviews

Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:39 pm
icebender28 says...

Aritha:

"Fine. Leave." I said. "I can handle this lizard" I emphasized 'lizard' and watched in amusement as his face twisted in anger. This guy didn't scare me. So what if his roar was loud? I could probably handle him.
"You should stop, Fea, you are flirting with death, and that is a very sad road to follow." The dragon said, menacingly. I glared right back.
"Really? I'm having fun." I said and took a step towards him, about to use my magic, when Itaeo stepped in.
"Enough! Alright, we get that you guys don't like each other. But now is not the time to be killing each other." He looked to both of us, and I glared right back.
"Why do you care? if you're scared of getting mixed up between our fight, than you can leave." I said, angrily.

(Hope I did the characters right!)

83 Reviews

Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:48 pm
SubjectBlue says...

"Move aside, farmer. You think you can just cast a spell and I'll go, fae? I promise you, the words will never come out of your mouth."

For Free!
topic86079.html

42 Reviews

Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:50 pm
Shadowlight says...

Itaeo Haroun:

I was trying to keep the young girl from getting her head bit off but she didn't want my help and hector was getting dangorus. I rubbed my head which was pounding violently. Everyone including myself was fighting and becoming more angry with each passing moment. We were at each others throats like rabid wolves.

“Alright enough!” I shouted as forcefully as I could. “This is not helping anything. Hector you don't just start insulting people and injuring them for the heck of it.
Aritha if you don't want to stay, then why are still standing here with a bad attitude and picking fights? Rosalie you need to calm down. Bird boy stop trying to be diplomatic and say what you really feel. Kylar for the love of heaven please wipe that self righteous look off your face before I smack it off! And I need to stop being sensitive and calm down before I rip someone apart!”

Everyone was once again staring at me while I stormed about like a mentally disturbed hooligan.

“We're all having a banner day. None of us is wrong here and none in the right. We're all just a bunch of half crazed harpies!” I unfortunately lost control and my Reapers voice kicked in as I roared the sentence. I took a deep breath,

“Well at least Aritha and myself are the half crazed harpies. I don't know about the rest of you. But could we please try not to kill one another?”

83 Reviews

Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:59 pm
SubjectBlue says...

"Huh! You called him bird-boy! I knew this would catch!" I said, laughing.
Surprisingly enough, as the griffin protests echoed in the trees, another, much weaker voice laughed with me.
I looked at the over-confident fae, she looked at me, and in a silent agreement we decided to focus on the problem, then getting to our separate ways. Also, it's nice when your not the only jerk in the group, the playing can be sometimes improved.
I offered the annoying little thing my paw, arising awe among the others.
"You won't call me a lizard, I won't eat you, and we'll settle this when we're done here- agreed?"

For Free!
topic86079.html

Meatball, meatball, spaghetti underneath; ravioli, ravioli, great barrier reef!
— Spongebob