z

Young Writers Society

Alternate World: Faery Wars.

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:28 am
zelithon says...

"I don't care if he is royalty. Also you wuold know one of us did it if we hid the body? I will split him with you." the elf looked extreemly anoyed and extreemly alarmed.
Adults are just obsolete children, and to hell with them!
-Dr.Suess

Deadpanners are backtalkers!

badonkadonk
Atheism is a non phophet organisation

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:35 am
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

"the elves would find out somhow, and i am not so hungry i ate before we met." a small smile formed on my face just the tips of my fangs could be seen, i didnt care if he saw , he was surly a dead elf when he first met yebba.
Life's a B*tch, slap it upside the head.

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

241 Reviews

Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:56 am
zelithon says...

"all the more for me!" i had to restrain myself from grinning.
-Dr.Suess

badonkadonk

375 Reviews

Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:58 am

"yes but later, not here to many damned dwarves around; also you might want to explain things to him, as he dies."

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

241 Reviews

Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:54 pm
zelithon says...

"Thats insane. Don't you know that whenever badguys explian there plans to the hero even if the hero is about to die, the bad guys fail. I hate dwarfs" .
-Dr.Suess

badonkadonk

375 Reviews

Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:03 am

"no i mean as he literally is dying, on the floor his life blood pouring out" into your goblet i thought ; "and who said you were the bad guy, for one your not even a guy, and two not like you can really help being hungry and all, and also who said he was the hero. I hate trolls more." thankfully the elf had ran ahead and was not hearing our little conversation.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:45 am
Jiggity says...

Thorontur
I was out of breath, tired and a little suspicious of my companions; we needed to stop. Clutching my sides, I came to a halt and called out to the others to do the same. "This isnt going to work" I said, between breaths " Im exhausted and they'll run us down sooner or later."
"What, with their little bandy legs?" scoffed the other elf.
"NO, with the wolves on which they ride." I said angrily. "The Wolven Guard is hot on our heels, listen, cant you hear their baying?

In the distance, the howls of wolves could indeed be heard...and they were getting closer. Ignoring the female, as was the custom in my land, I turned to his companion; "I will stop them, but only for a while" I said " in the meantime you two must run"
The other elf looked at me, then said "the Wolven Guard travles only with Royalty and Royalty goes hand in hand with powerful mages, how will you stop them?" he asked

"You let me worry about that" I replied.
Last edited by Jiggity on Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

241 Reviews

Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:52 pm
zelithon says...

"I am not leaveing until you stop ingnoring me, or untill you die" hopefully at my hands i added mentally. I winked at the other vampire, "you go on without me, i am in no danger of being outrun by wolfs."
-Dr.Suess

badonkadonk

375 Reviews

Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:58 pm

"ill stay and watch and help if needed; i doubt the dwarves are capable of strong magic, or anything that could kill me." jumping up to the nearest tree, sitting in the shadows watching the battle begin to unfold. Drawing one of my two daggers just incase some dwarf tried somthing stupid i thought , my eyes blazing. "don't go all hero on them elf, you will just die" and therefore taking away yebba's next meal; and that would not be such a good idea.

ooc(out of character):there were only three of us jigsaw, me, you, and zel. the other person isnt there yet.

798 Reviews

Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:18 am
Jiggity says...

Thorontur~
I knelt down in the clearing, spreading my hands in the grass, inhaling the scent of the forest. The delightful smell of evergreens, of spring, of ever renewing life. Throwing my head back, I began to hum. I sang to the moons, to the stars, to the very cosmos itself. I allowed myself to sink into trance, to block out all the litlle distractions that could prove fatal in battle. and all the while I sang wordlessly. I followed the sap, as it slowly, slowly ran through the veins of a great oak; I watched droplets of water from last nights downpour, sink into the ground and nourish the forest. I listened to the Song of Life as it resonated from all around, seemingly with no end or beginning; entwined with the forest. I became the trees, the grass, the rivers and animals. I joined in Communion with the Guardian of all Elves; the forest.
I communicated my need, the need of the elves, I spoke of the danger the dwarves posed; with their bright tree-cutting axes. And then I waited.

Even as this occured the dwarves on their wolven mounts came ever closer; howling ferociously as they saw their enemy. Defenseless. Then, when they were within 10 metres of him, they were swept away. The trees on the left-hand side ripped themselves free of the ground, charged across and swept the first line of dwarves away.

Silence.

Then, with audible creaks and groans the forest re-arranged itself; obscuring the path and forming an impenetrable wall. The dwarves were, for now, hopelessly lost and infuriated.

(DQ,ZEL, DO NOT POST!!!!ONLY SOMEONE WITH A NEW CHARCTER MAY POST!!! as it is we'll get nowhere without more characters to add to the plot.)

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:46 am
bubblewrapped says...

Suddenly, the sound of hooves disturbed the renewed silence of the forest. Turning suddenly in alarm, the three companions saw a young woman on a grey horse emerge from amidst the leaves.

Character Name: Laine
Race: Human
Position: Daughter of the Lord Hrothgar
Sex: Female
Eyes: Blue
Height: Fairly short - around 5'2
Hair: Long, dark brown
Weapons: Best with knives/daggers, but can use a small bow if she has to.
Magic: None.

Background: Laine is the daughter of a Lord, so she is diplomatic and intelligent. Her mother died when she was young, so she has grown up slightly wild, but still knows how to make herself agreeable in company when she feels like it.
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

798 Reviews

Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:51 am
Jiggity says...

Thorontur~
I was exhausted in every way possible; mentally, physically, emotionally. Id expended a huge amount of energy to Commune with the Forest, but it had been necessary. So we trodded along, an unlikely group of strangers tied together for reasons beyond my grasp. Just when I thought that nothing more strange or unlikely could occur, along comes a human girl to startle us from our complacency. Even my sleep deprived and befuddled brain could see she was a striking beauty. Fierce, wild, a warrior completly unlike the meek women in my own race.
I Stepped boldly forward, "Who are you? I said "What the hell are you doing here and what do you know of dwarves?!" I bombarded the girl with questions.
Before she could answer me however,my companion-whose name Id yet to recieve- cleared his throat and said:
"I have something to tell you, my friend..."

375 Reviews

Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:02 am

"first of all my name is Gonrayd, second....but before I tell you, you must promise not to react in any way?"
"ok, fine; now what is it" he questioned me
"I am a vampire." i said great shock found its way on his face "i was an elf, but when i was very very young i was out in the forest sleeping and I was bitten, then i was outcast from my home. you may think i am going to try to kill you, but i promise you i have no intention of doing so, i want to stop the dwarven scourge from reaching my home even though they may not want me there anymore, it is still my home."

798 Reviews

Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:20 am
Jiggity says...

Thorontur~
I was utterly flabbergasted and at the same time...not nearly as surprised as I thought Id be. When he said that; all the pieces of the puzzle fell into place, and several things which had been bothering began to make sense. A part of me was angry, yet another part-the more practical one- saw the advantages that having a vampire around could bring and they far outweighed the disadvantages.
"As long as you promise not to eat me, I said, "You may travel with me"

Having said that I turned to the human to see how she reacted.

241 Reviews

Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:23 am
zelithon says...

yebba-

"i too am a vampire. I too was once an elf. My name is Yebba. But unlike this fool i have every intention of drinking your sweet blood. For two reasons: one i am hungry and two you keep ignoreing me like a prick. Don't try and fight i can see your'e weak." i said this before the human cuold respond to the prick.
-Dr.Suess

badonkadonk

Remember: when people tell you something’s wrong or doesn’t work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong.
— Neil Gaiman