z

Young Writers Society

The Forest of Labyrinth DT

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:46 pm
Skydreamer says...

Oh, ha, okay then. But Maya isn't a weakling and she'll make sure Adam and Mr. Knight (Xander) knows it when they meet. She too is very capable. But, yeah, I think he could be the one to rescue Maya. That said though, they might still have to kill the wolf anyways, unless possibly they could just eat her rations? But she'd see it as an opportunity to save them.

Oh! That'll be great if @ladcat13 does that, if she wants! But I might want to include part of her battle with the wolf in my post though, is that alright, lad?
I believe in that, which is not seen.
I call it truth, faith, hope, life.

~~~~Sometimes life beckons us to be different~~~~

I used to be known as thewritersdream, but now my dreams have taken flight

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:22 am
View Likes
Dakushau says...

This storybook looks really fun and I'd love to join if it's alright. I'll try to get my profile up as soon as I can.
<YWS><R1>
“The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision.”
–Helen Keller

Check out Daily Sentences for new, short, and creative sentences; every day.

The Storybook Revolution; Let's make a story.

~Dakushau

159 Reviews

Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:57 am
Skydreamer says...

That is alright, I believe! Yay, more members!

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:28 pm
View Likes
Dynamo says...

Well, since Ladcat isn't posting right now I say we should let you describe what the forest does, thewritersdream. If the storybook goes too long without posts then it'll die out.
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:18 pm
View Likes
ladcat13 says...

Sounds good to me! I like how this is going. I apologize that I haven't been very active lately; I was camping in the mountains. No signal up there, let alone wifi. But hey, I'm back now! I am sooo glad this SB is actually taking off! Keep writing, as always!

Millions of miles from home
In the darkness before the dawn
In the swirling of this storm
When I'm rolling with the thunder
But bleed from thorns
Leave a light, a light on.

159 Reviews

Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:47 pm
Skydreamer says...

I'll put my post up asap. Also I added a picture, if it's too light-hearted and not freaky enough, I'll try to look for another one. I think it helps to see a picture sometimes and stuff.

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:47 pm
AyumiGosu17 says...

I put up another post. If ladcat doesn't take over the forest for this scene, I will. I'm starting to get the idea of what she might be trying to accomplish with the forest. I kind of have an idea of what to do anyway, and it could add another dimension to the intercharacter interactions. Basically, that would involve the horse spooking, Xander probably getting hurt (not bad enough to overly hinder him in the woods, but it would make it harder to get out), and the horse escapes. Someone else could find him later on. Maybe. I don't know. Like I said, I "kind of" have an idea.

I'm thinking about adding another female character too, and add some hysteria and partial insanity with it. Probably say that she's been trapped in the woods for some time and has started to lose her mind with the lack of a human companion, sort of like the tales of "wild men" from Africa and other third-world regions.
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:53 am
ladcat13 says...

I have to say these are all great ideas. But I have some grim news. I am afraid that with new challenges cropping up in my life, I am finding less and less time to participate here at YWS. Therefore, I will have to decrease my activity here. It saddens me to say this, since I only just met you guys and you're all great. But I have to prioritize, as I'm sure you all understand.

I'll read what you guys post, and follow the SB to the end. Maybe make an occasional comment. thewritersdream, I will have to cede control of this SB to you, I'm afraid.

*sigh*. Sacrifices stink.

Millions of miles from home
In the darkness before the dawn
In the swirling of this storm
When I'm rolling with the thunder
But bleed from thorns
Leave a light, a light on.

164 Reviews

Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:36 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

It'll be alright, Ladcat. The fact that you know when and where to make sacrifices means you're smart and you're the kind of person who will succeed at just about anything you do. :)
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

103 Reviews

Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:19 am
Dynamo says...

Thewritersdream, I think it'd be best if you post the beginning of Maya's encounter with the wolf before I post my character's struggle with the vines trying to strangle him. If you end your next post with Maya making some kind of loud noise, like a scream or a call for help, once Adam breaks himself free he can hear it and head towards the sound.
Take that, science!

164 Reviews

Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:59 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Alright, I expanded my post. I finished the scene with Xander and his horse, so that could open up an opening for someone else. Hey @Dakushau , welcome!

11 Reviews

Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:26 am
Dakushau says...

Sorry I haven't posted in here and didn't yet finish my character, I was a little busy. Also for some reason I didn't receive any notifications. It's too late for me to do anything tonight but I will go ahead and read any new posts in the storybook tonight. Tomorrow I'll finish my character and try to make a post. Glad to be in this storybook with you guys!
<YWS><R1>
“The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision.”
–Helen Keller

~Dakushau

164 Reviews

Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:34 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Ah, don't feel too pressured, Daku. I think it's alright to say that all of us have some stuff going on in our lives. :)

11 Reviews

Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:44 pm
Dakushau says...

Alright, Well I went ahead and finished my profile, it's just waiting approval. I plan on working on getting a post up either later today or sometime tomorrow.
<YWS><R1>
–Helen Keller

~Dakushau

103 Reviews

Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:49 pm
Dynamo says...

Your turn, thewritersdream.
Take that, science!

There are those who say that life is like a book, with chapters for each event in your life and a limited number of pages on which you can spend your time. But I prefer to think that a book is like a life, particularly a good one, which is well to worth staying up all night to finish.
— Lemony Snicket