z

Young Writers Society

Lynlyn's Magical Critique Emporium

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:27 am
Lynlyn says...

Hello, hello there! Come one, come all, to the amazing bazaar of quality commentary we offer here at the world's best-known feedback request emporium! Get your reviews fresh off the press - all your friends will ask about them!*

*this may or may not actually happen.

WE ARE AMUSED:
-Fantasy
-Sci-fi
-Action/Adventure
-Most general fiction
-Art/Photography
-Scripts

WE ARE SORT OF AMUSED:
-Poetry
-Romantic fiction
-Lyrics

WE ARE NOT AMUSED:
-Fanfiction of titles which we have not read. Feel free to inquire. (If it isn't Harry Potter or Winnie the Pooh, good luck, Sir.)

-----

ABOUT OUR CRITIQUES:
-We are not particularly known for sugar coating, though we generally try to leave all hubris in general working order.
-We are fairly thorough, especially in the area of grammar. If you are disgruntled by the idea of a line-by-line examination of some parts of your work, please do not submit your work for review, lest you end up disgruntled by more than just the idea.
-We don't actually use the royal we when we're reviewing. Really.
-Due to the nature of the craft, we will consider up the five pieces at once. If the list is full, please wait until the line clears out a bit before you offer your piece for consideration.
-We retain the right to decline any material that does not amuse us (though Mummy says we are easily amused).

LIST

CURRENT:

COMPLETE:
1. PenguinAttack
2. chocoholic
3. TL G-Wooster
4. JFW
5.Eimear
--

COMPENSATION
Not required, but if you wish, you may critique anything in the "Song of Shallow Waters" folder in my portfolio, or any recent poetry.
Last edited by Lynlyn on Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world." - G. B. Shaw
Lynlyn's Magical Critique Emporium - request a review here.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:52 am
Nate says...

Sorry to post a semi-random comment, but I just wanted to say: This is great :P

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:03 am
PenguinAttack says...

You are awesome to the power of ever, Lyn. ^^

I wouldn't mind if you perhaps took a glance toward my newest poem, "What A Disguise Love Is" : topic31101.html

I've reviewed all chapters of your story (It's awesome, hit up my review shop, or pm me when the next chapter comes out) so, you can find me something else to compensate you with. ^^ I'm more than willing.

*Hearts* Le Penguin.
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:05 am
chocoholic says...

May I sort of amuse you? I'd love another critique on one of my songs, and feel free to do the ther one if you want. This is Journey:

topic30241.html

By the way, I lov how you've done this. Did you do those pictures yourself? They're great!
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:10 am
Twit says...

topic29564.html

If you can't do all the chapters, then just the last, please. :)
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:30 am
JFW1415 says...

Haha, I *love* your thread! And I hear you're good at critiques, so mind killing this?

Suicide Kills Us All.

Thanks!

~JFW1415

344 Reviews

Reviews: 344
Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:05 am
Eimear says...

This is completely fantabulous!

A poem, perhaps?

topic31366.html

xxxxx
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde.

172 Reviews

Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:14 pm
Lynlyn says...

Wow, sorry for totally neglecting YWS for a month... after school let out, we... *cough* I kind of forgot that my computer existed for a while... which had both its good and bad points. The neglect of this thread being one of the bad ones. I'll finish these ASAP!

Edit: All clear, captain. I'm up to date as of July 11. 8)
Edit 2: I didn't draw the little men, they're from 19th century engravings, but I did add the type.
"Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world." - G. B. Shaw

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:29 pm
deleted2 says...

Hey!!

This is awesome :P the coolest 'Want a critique?' I've ever seen, haha!

Anyway, if you wouldn't mind then I've got a story for you to review!! :D

http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic32793.html

Thanks a tonne!

XxxDo

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:18 pm
Fellow says...

Hiya! Would ya take your time if you can and review my little part of my book`s ending topic35616.html
I would really apreciate. Cheers!
Life is a song. You just need to know how to sing it.

topic35881.html - Need reviews? Click!

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:26 am
Bickazer says...

This seems really neat, and it looks like you give good critiques, so! The only problems is that...I've got several things I'd like to have looked at. >_> Ugh.

We~ell, it depends on length, mostly--if you want to read a "short" story on the long side, then take a look at my story (apparently an "urban fantasy", whatever that means) "Curseworker Juan": topic35298.html

But if that's too long then I have a shorter prologue for my sci-fi novel Zenith, to be the first in a six-book epic encompassing both sci-fi and fantasy genres: topic34949.html

I also have the first chapter of Zenith up too, but you really don't need to look at that unless you want to. ^^ Look at whichever one you pick; I won't mind either way. And I'm not fussy about punctuality, either. Take your time.

Thanks in advance! :)
Ah, it is an empty movement. That is an empty movement. It is.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:47 am
SunshineOrange says...

I love the pictures :D

Please could you review my fantasy fiction? It's quick fire chapters, nice and short;

Serendipity In Hell

If you want payment, just post some links on my review thread!
Ehh Maii Gawwwsh, it's GingerLizzy, on a different profile!

Got YWS? Want a review?

172 Reviews

Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:43 am
Lynlyn says...

Yeah, so, this thread is two years old, but still open. Post away!

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:45 am
DreamyAlice says...

Hello, I am one of the res crew mods here on YWS. This is a message just to inform you that I will lock and archive this thread as it is not active anymore. We have to archive and lock the inactive threads to keep the forum organized so no worries if you'd like to reopen it at any point in the future please contact a current resources moderator, we would be happy to reopen it for you ^-^

-ALICE
Imagination is a superpower. Use it well!

The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices; to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill, and suspicions can destroy. A thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own.
— Rod Serling, Twilight Zone