z

Young Writers Society

Old: Who's Viewed My Profile?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:59 am
Nate says...

Been wondering who's been viewing your profile? Well now you can! Just go to your profile, click on the eye in the upper right hand corner of the profile itself, and you'll be taken to a page that lists everyone who has viewed your profile. Unfortunately, this does not act retroactively, and anyone can check to see who has viewed your profile. But, it should be a neat feature for everyone.
Last edited by Nate on Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:17 pm
Chevy says...

heh. thats cool...but im obviously not too intriguing as a person considering firestarter is the only one who has viewed my profile. *sigh* it's all good though.
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:04 am
Tessitore says...

Me: Oooo, who has been... looking up on me WHAT DO THEY WANT... sadness... not much people.... but even if they were THEY WOULDN'T FIND WHAT THEY'RE LOOKING FOR.

I get paranoid sometimes. Its a family thing...
I'm not even angry... I'm being so sincere right now.
Even though you broke my heart.
And killed me... And tore me to pieces.
And threw every piece into a fire.
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Sat Dec 25, 2004 1:58 pm
Skye says...

I was checking my profile today, and I saw that the eye wasn't there anymore. It also wasn't on anyone elses. Is it just my computer, or is this something that you've gotten rid of?
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:31 pm
Chevy says...

Hey, I just realized that that feature doesn't even work anymore. What happened to it?

425 Reviews

Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:53 pm
Nate says...

CarsandGuitars77 wrote:Hey, I just realized that that feature doesn't even work anymore. What happened to it?

When I transferred the forum from yws.nathancaldwell.net to www.youngwriterssociety.com I also had to reinstall all the modifications, so some of them I put at higher priority than others. The ones near the bottom of the list I kind have, well, just forgot about...

If there's enough interest in reinstalling the "who's view my profile?" mod, I'll go ahead and do so. Otherwise, it's more trouble than it's worth.

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:00 am
Sam says...

i wanna know! :D
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

425 Reviews

Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:01 am
Nate says...

Due to an absolute varying volatile foaming demand, the "Who's viewed my profile" mod has been reinstalled! If you encounter any bugs, or you get a strange pop-up telling you who has recently viewed your profile, let me know. Neither of those events should occur, so if they do occur, then you are clearly hallicunating as those events cannot occur. Or, if they do indeed occur, and you are not hallicunating, and it an error still occurs, then the universe has contradicted itself and has thus ceased to exist and you are merely a consequence of the pretense of a figment not existing in God's imagination.

I've been reading "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" :P

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:35 am
Crysi says...

*bangs head on desk and groans*

Not you too.. :roll:
Love and Light

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:43 pm
Perra says...

I should read that book. My crush and one of the Youth Group leaders were talking about it at Youth two weeks ago. Sounds hilarious or funny or at least good.
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:09 pm
Moe_Moe17 says...

i cant find the eye on my profile to see who's viewed my profile

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:42 pm
Crysi says...

If you've noticed, dear Moe, the last time anyone posted in this thread was over three years ago. ;) I do believe, in the re-vamping of the site, that Nate has gotten rid of this feature. Sorry!
Love and Light

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:21 pm
Emerson says...

Oh goodness, I had to check dates too... This would be such a neat feature to bring back!

I think I'll change the thread title to prevent more confusion. ^_^
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

425 Reviews

Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:19 pm
Nate says...

How in the world do people even find this stuff? Do they go dredging through everything???

Anyhow, this feature was removed because it tripled the time it takes to load profiles. Was cool, but it made load times annoying.

Locked!

To be a master of metaphor is the greatest thing by far. It is the one thing that cannot be learnt from others, and it is also a sign of genius.
— Aristotle, Poetics