Wed May 17, 2006 10:13 am
Myth says...

You are loged in, Please wait a second

I saw that too and thought the site was shutting down. :(

Um.. I liked reading other peoples work
KayJuran helped me with OP
Areida, Boni and Naimh who read Wind Rider and commented
Dusky who was always posting on the PAY in the Insane Crew XD
Snoink who helped with my whipperfly thing...
People who commented on my art and prose work

Writing in my blog even though much of it wasn't nice...

Karma, Angel and Dynamo who did the story book of So you wanna be a hero?
Araide (sp?) who is getting a puppy soon!

And most important all the peeps who welcomed me and posted on my 'Doe a deer' thread
And not forgetting Areida and her seranading XD
Naimh who interested me in reading The Informer which I'm still enjoying

And yesterday when it felt like leaving school all over again

Editting posts and using up points

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed May 17, 2006 12:23 pm
Firestarter says...

The old chat - the hilarity ...

Being inspired to write poetry ...

SPEW ...

Being asked to be a mod, then an admin.

People actually liking what I wrote.

Cam whores XD

My favourite blog entry ever (which I must save) when Liverpool won the Champions League ... I don't think I've ever written anything more passionate.

Meeting great people.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Wed May 17, 2006 2:29 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

Being asked to be a Mod...though I was a pretty rubbish mod, I must admit :p

Meeting...everyone.

Yay for blogs!
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Wed May 17, 2006 6:41 pm
Wiggy says...

Becoming friends with Jack, StevieWrites4God, Dusky (does party groove), xanthan gum, and so many others.

Eagerly awaiting Eloere's (Lucy) blog everyday and then reading it.

Having xanthan gum give a "great imagery" comment on my poem Soul Dance.

Having everyone comment positively and nicely (they liked it woohoo!) on Soul Dance.

Blogging...

Becoming a better writer.

And best of all, meeting all of you. It's sooooo nice to be in a community where I have fellow talented writers.

Love you all! Muwah!

Mary :wink:
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Wed May 17, 2006 6:52 pm
Poor Imp says...

-The red button...or whatever it was. ("beep")

-Sig. game...and someone looking at bob's and writing 'dunno...like it 'cos it looks sort of like latin'. That was an ROFL moment

-The community: Nate set a brilliant tone

-Debate. Naught else must be said

-DD and Reas hounding me about Russian and fencing (^_~)

-Telling noobs about SPEW.

-Chuck Norris (I'm not sure I understand that one yet...and Pat Buchanan?)

I don't know...seems a lot and nothing to be putting into a list... 0o

Ah well.
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Wed May 17, 2006 7:34 pm
marching_gurl89 says...

Watching the History Lovers Usergroup grow and grow and grow and remain active.

Pretty much everything.
~*~Peace, Love, and Protesters~*~
I'm not off beat!I'm marching to the beat of my own drum
I rock my socks
Hippielicious the bold new flavor from caroline
JFK BLOWN AWAY WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO SAY!!!!!!!

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Wed May 17, 2006 9:15 pm
Meshugenah says...

i have more..

CL! Crop circles!

Z, me, El, Dono (then hunter), and Sam, and the insanity we spawned.. a year ago, I think, which has become a YWS legend (you all know the one).

Being asked to be a mod.

I'll second Crysi's talking to a drunk Jack
.. eh, make that finding I had an email I could use for msn, logging in, talking to Crys, and then I met Jack (eh.. more formally..); and I think we've been friends ever since, save the sport arguments, and a few poltical ones.. make that many of them.

Learning why there's a saftey on big red buttons: crys and those explosions (ta, Dono, for that one.. yes, one of the Empress stories)

The old chat.. old chat games..

Lucy's blog, Jack's blog.. mine, at times.. Sam's bloggie, Dusky's blog, Ari's, when it was still around

YWS awards! Those were fun.. lots of work for Jacko, though.

Seeing all the old crowd from YFW (almost all of us!), and meeting everyone else.

The "old" crowd of YWS: Arvy, Nai, Tara, Jacko, me, Crys, El, EBM, KJ, everyone I'm forgetting.. C Elorin, Gala. Brad..
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Wed May 17, 2006 9:31 pm
Crysi says...

*laughs* I forgot to bring up the "loged in" thing to anyone. But yeah, that was amusing. And I just realized that it still says, "Join an Usergroup."

Character answer game. You guys have totally inspired me. Which reminds me... I should write down that one character's name so I don't forget.

Getting a message from Daniel and laughing as I tried to be a good mod despite our past disagreements...

Finally getting used to criticism (constructive or otherwise) and using it to enhance my writing and my personality.

Mesh, I totally forgot about YWS awards! Those were great. :)

Creating new avatars and trying to coordinate my blog to go with it.

Realizing the mistake of messing with my blog colors and reverting back to my neon coolness.

The death of my shoutbox. I was going to invite several of you to the funeral, but I never got around to it. Oh well.

Defending my title as Dragon Queen/Dragon Keeper. My dragons are still doing well, by the way. Slightly miffed at the closure of YWS, but mostly they just want food.

Learning the difference between Britain and England (thanks to Jack, of course).

Realizing my hidden passion for historical fiction.

Being a cam whore. ;)

Being intimidated by the application process for mods (which included a question about the number of gas stations in the country - no googling), not applying, and then finding out later that EBM got in and that question really didn't count. Oh! hehe, I remember that.. well, i saw it after the fact, but not by much *snicker* and thus started Big Brother - Mesh

Editing friends' posts with messages and having them edited... :roll:

Coming up with a million and one names for Big Brother! I still like "Big Brother can Slam a Revolving Door." That was genius.

Being shy! (Oh goodness. Me? Shy? On YWS? Yes, folks, I was quite the timid member back in my day... Joined a few days after it opened. Nate and Z scared me greatly. 'Tis quite amusing to think back on.)

Getting slightly annoyed with Nate when he advertised the site on YFW. Teehee. Sorry 'bout that. Wasn't sure if it was against the rules or not back then, and I was a global mod, so I was quite hesitant.

Thinking you can only list a few things on here, then realizing ten minutes later you're still going.
Love and Light

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Wed May 17, 2006 11:00 pm
bubblewrapped says...

Three things:

Everything. Everyone. Blogs.
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Thu May 18, 2006 5:52 am
Shine says...

I'll miss everything.
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

139 Reviews

Reviews: 139
Thu May 18, 2006 7:16 am
View Likes
Torpid says...

ill miss most of it...

266 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 266
Thu May 18, 2006 12:20 pm
backgroundbob says...

will always remain a personal favourite of mine.

A whole day of my life... O_o

-Sig. game...and someone looking at bob's and writing 'dunno...like it 'cos it looks sort of like latin'. That was an ROFL moment
Hah. Yes - thank-you for that memory, Imp :)
The Oneday Cafe
though we do not speak, we are by no means silent.

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Fri May 19, 2006 5:04 pm
thegirlwhofateloves says...

Hang on.

*cries*

Just needed to get that out of the way...

Meeting awesome people.
Realising that I am fantastically bad at critiques.
Saying stupid things in the Debate forum which I pigheadedly refused to take back.
Being reprimanded for saying stupid things (and swearing and having a go at Gal and becoming very premenstrual indeed...very sorry!)
Not knowing what SPEW was.
Finally getting good (ish) critiques on my stuff *grins*
Doing the Snoopy Dance (c'mon...you all know you want to!)
Blogging. Sometimes up...sometimes down.
Having the freedom to be as nerdy as I please :D
The new smiles (alsas, so short lived...)
Other people's siggies.

...meh. Every f****ing thing....
www.myspace.com/prettytorture
felicitypepper@hotmail.co.uk

Big up the YWS Massive!

....And I still don't know what SPEW is....

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sat May 20, 2006 4:01 am
niteowl says...

When Tara nicknamed me Tae.
When someone said I looked pretty when I put my pic up.
The old chat room (even if I did pretty much just sit back and watch Crysi and Mesh fight over Z...that was weird.)
When I was the second person to reach 1000 posts and the first to reach 2000.
When marching_gurl89 put up a birthday thread for me a day early.
When people said my poems were good.
When I still gave gifts and was even the Official Gift Giver.
When we got the pink dancing elephant. :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: and all the other kewl smilies. :P
When I made up a stupid story saying that Nate was posessed by a vampire.
When I could still write coherently.
When I was still the third-highest poster even though I've barely posted the past few months.
When QiGuaiGongFu called my old avatar "boobalicious"
When Fontroy could not get over his fear of my Spongebob avatar.
When I still kept track of this site and read almost every single thread.
The One Word Story. "Joe smelled sushi coming from the toilet. Ann did not like Joe because he liked pickles and bird poop." (Or something like that. LOL)
When the debate forum still contained stupid debates like "Coke or Pepsi?" that I could actually participate in. :P
I never saw the "loged in" thing, but I remember Nate asking us all if it should be "Join a Usergroup" or "Join an Usergroup." And he put "an" even though we all said "a".
PAT BUCHANAN! The single best poll option ever. (Poor_Imp, I don't get Chuck Norris either. Maybe he's just un-gettable and will roundhouse kick you if you try to figure him out? Just trying to go with the flow of those Chuck Norris things."
That thing that Jack said once about the drunk guy at Subway who worshipped oranges and thought he looked like that guy from Pink Floyd. Now that's old. He even wrote a poem about it. :P
Learning that I'm not the only person who <3's Georgia Nicholson.
All you wicked awesome active members.
THE RANDOMNESS THREAD!!!
Wow, I'm sure there's a ton more but I can't remember so I guess those are the most notable. I'd almost forgotten how much fun I had here. I must hug you all now because I love you. *streches arms unbelievably far and unintentionally suffocates everyone in a group hug*
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sat May 20, 2006 11:27 am
Firestarter says...

That thing that Jack said once about the drunk guy at Subway who worshipped oranges and thought he looked like that guy from Pink Floyd. Now that's old. He even wrote a poem about it.

That's ancient ... it's like the stuff people dig up to laugh at me at my wedding ... wow. I was crazy.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
— Mark Twain