z

Young Writers Society

Instruments

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:55 pm
View Likes
Chevy says...

Do you play instruments? If so...let's talk about them here...
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

665 Reviews

Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:58 pm
View Likes
Chevy says...

the first instrument i ever played was the piano when i was like six or seven then around eight or nine, i played the harp...it got really boring so i stopped after about a year or two of it. then, i started fumbling around on the piano again and then i went on to play the viola in the school ochestra when i was in the ninth grade...now, for about three months, i've been playing the electric guitar. im getting pretty good at it and i want to be in a band. i love playing the lead guitar and once i master it, i plan on trying bass.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:41 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

I never have really played an instrument. I use to play the guitar for a few years, but I stopped doing it for awhile and was never able to pick it back up. Now I wish, though, that I had learned how to play the piano or some other instrument.

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:34 am
View Likes
electricbluemonkey says...

I have played the guitar for some time. And I used to play the *gulp* violin...it is so hard. But the guitar is fairly easy and can pick up a few notes and chords.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:02 am
Elelel says...

I've been playing piano for the last 4 years, and last year I started clarinet. Next year I'm going to also learn tenor sax. I come from a musical family, my cousin teaches flute, clarinet and sax, my brother plays sax, my sister plays flute and piano, and my dad plays piano. I won't go into my other relatives. I love playing music. At first, when my parents forced me to learn piano, I had a huge tantrum. But now I love it and woulgn't quit it for anything.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:20 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

I have been playing piano since I was five, but I ended up accidentally retaking level 1 and I don't practice that often so I'm not that great. I played the violin for two years, but I HATED it!!!!!!!!!

I wanna play the guitar so bad, but I don't have time. We have a kids-size guitar from when my little sister took lessons. Like everything she does, it ended in a crying fit. I guess I could teach myself since I can read music, but I lack the motivation to get off the computer and do it.
*sighs*

665 Reviews

Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:49 am
View Likes
Chevy says...

niteowl: i know how you feel...about the guitar and not wanting to get the computer. but i tell ya, once you learn how to play atleast 1 song you like, computer comes in second. believe me, i used to (and still kinda am) a computer nerd but once you start playing guitar...its hard to stop.

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:35 am
View Likes
watergirlwriter3 says...

i just started playing guitar and im getting good. i love to play metallica and blink 182. when i get good enough im going to get an electric guitar. guitar is cool to play when your bored. its always fun to have the challenge of learning a new song and then showing off when you have mastered it!
laney girl

221 Reviews

Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:18 am
View Likes
Elelel says...

I tried the guitar, but I din't like it much...
--Music and Lyrics

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:24 am
View Likes
Meshugenah says...

i started on piano, but i got fed up with it, long story. i play clarinet (5 years now) Eb clarinet, and i want to play several others as well!

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:43 am
bubblewrapped says...

I'm a flautist, but I can dabble a bit on the keyboard/piano and I know some clarinet and trumpet. I tried the violin once - ick! But I love the sound of them when they're played right :) I've been playing the flute for just about as long as I can remember (probably about 6 years, though I'm only at intermediate level coz I my teacher moved away and we lived in a small town at the time), before that was the recorder (standard for most kids in NZ) and the keyboard. This year I've decided I want to play the sax, since I've started to develop a taste for jazz, and (lucky me!) a friend of the family teaches both flute and sax, so hopefully I will be able to learn from them :D
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

221 Reviews

Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:52 am
View Likes
Elelel says...

All the students in our school have to learn recorder when we're ten! *shudders, then twitches* so squeaky *twitches again* My brother got an Irish Whistle for his birthday. He's barely touched it, but I love it and must have one of my own... *does shifty eyes* I will get my precious... Anyway I like jazz too. I play it on piano (not improvision though) and I'm beginning to learn it on clarinet. Hopefully I'll be allowed to play tenor sax in the stage band next year, they don't let clarinets in. *mutters darkly*

I shall never forget the time spent learning recorder... *twitches* no, don't make my play hot cross buns!!! NO!!! Anything but Ode to Joy!!! It squeaks!!! NO!!! Stop the squeaking, it tortures!!!! *cowers, then twitches and runs off to safety screaming "IT SQUEAKS!!!"*

Ahem, anyway, welcome Mesh!
--Music and Lyrics

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:00 am
View Likes
Meshugenah says...

ugh. not recorders! they made us learn those too.. gah, not fun. and i wnt to learn soprano sax, english horn, i "play" a littel violin, kknow a few fingerings on flute (thanks, crysi) and i think that's it.. lol

oh, i love jazz! i agree, it stinks that clarinets aren't iin jazz.. not fair! it's sooo mcuh fun to play!

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:06 am
View Likes
Crysi says...

Anytime, Mesh.

I started out with violin in the fourth grade.. no, wait! Did I really take piano lessons before then? Sheesh.. Ok, I started out with piano lol, probably around the third grade.. then violin in fourth, I dropped that for flute in fifth, I quit piano lessons.. last year, I think.. *shrugs* whatever makes almost 6 years in piano lol. I still play flute (is this really my 6th year??), I know a scale on clarinet (thanks Mesh), and I tried picking up the bassoon at the beginning of this year. It didn't last, only because I didn't have time to practice. So I still know about three scales on it. Besides a bunch of random notes. :P Chase still needs to teach me trumpet.. *grumbles about him favoring Theresa over herself*

:P
Love and Light

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:32 am
View Likes
norris_redford says...

i play the bass guitar.
Non omnis moriar.

First you broke my moustache, now you break my heart.
— MaybeAndrew