She's alive because she is not dead,
and junk."
~JoJo

168 Reviews

Reviews: 168
Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:00 pm
LastPaladin says...

*This is from my blog, think it fits*

Well old friend we've been through a lot though you may be younger than me, I still see you as wiser and smarter than I. We've had our fallen outs, we bickered and we even ignored each other at one point. But how can I not come back to the place which birthed my love of poetry, my death of my horrendous arrogance and showed me what real writing was. And how to appreciate.

People will judge you friend, but they will never know a site like you, I swear. My only regret is we parted for so long and on such hostility.

You bring joy my friend to the young budding minds of youth, you save the depressing decline in quality we experience. And you unite people with friends for life.

Old friend, people judge harshly, but they shall never understand.

You brought me new friends, new faces, and new interests, old friend.

No other forum like you old friend.

I hope you know this.

My Young Writers Society.

Our Guardian and Parents in this world.

Our love for creativity given water.

But then there more. YWS has been in my life since I was 14, I'm not 20. When I first arrived, arrogant and stupid i was hated for grammar, I once got the award for person most likely to be shot on YWS. it's been a unique and dare I say fulfilling experience. I lost friends, but gained new ones too.

From arrogant and bad tempered to a little more down to earth and able to write in English (most of the time) it's been interesting.

I'm now 20, I love writing poetry, I finally completed a novel and become a strong reviewer though harsh. Sure there been fall outs and problems, but YWS has been like a parent or teacher, it helped me grow up. It helped me mature, it led towards poetry which I love to write. It brought forward idea of races and ethnicity, because when I was young I was a tiny bit racist, but YWS changed that. Now I've opened my mind to ideas and beliefs, realizing nothing ever black or white and that good and evil are just tags people place on certain things.

Shout outs:

Nate: It's been hectic, but I can finally admit this site is another home for me. You're a great person for bringing forth such a diverse group of youth and uniting them under such a common interest. Not only that but your site helped me mature considerably and become a ever stronger writer.

Rick, Carisha, Lindsay and many of the others not here now. We miss, certain circumstances make it hard for some of ya to come back. But you all added something to site, and it would be great present to see some the faces I remember fondly return.

Alice: You've kept me strong, you helped me at my worse. It's not often I am shocked at people loyalty, but you stuck by me during the worse times, helped me get my slump and even when my life seemed to be shattering behind me, you still never left. Thank you.

My skype crew: Every single one of you are awesome and you've all single handedly brought up my use of skype, the banter, the laughs and much more. The in jokes, it's all good.

Puzzle: You're one of those people can't judge by first impression, because you miss so much by doing that. At first I considered you whiny but as we chatted I realized though you've had hard life, you aren't a bad person. Not to mention you've considerably improved in your storybooking. I met you mixed up now you're just a Puzzle.

Annie: In chat we rarely spoke, but then began to speak on skype and saw how different you were in skype to chat. You were disturbing, creepy and honestly quite funny. You're a great friend and someone I respect.

Clark: We love movies, no simpler way to say this. But we love good movies, people getting eaten by pianos isn't good but it's hella funny. I really do hope to see your name in lights sometime and hope we stay in contact. May we be the voice for good movies :).

ScarlettFire: You're a terrific storybooker and enjoyable to talk to on Skype in the conference. You're also willing to listen and console which is great help. :)

Kah: Again I chat to you more on skype and found you're funny also you say word 'Banana' funny :P. But seriously with the group convos we have you're great banter.

Elinor Brynn: I still can't believe never guessed Luke Skywalker lmao. You're an intelligent person with a great love for movies. You'll go far.

Mel: You seem more mature than your age, it's a compliment great to chat to with rest of crew.

MeanMrMustard: You may be new, but even being new you've shown me how amazing a person you are, whether in debates, whether in comments you surprise me and entertain me.

Andes: You are the skype crew, but you're also more. I've seen you mature from someone who obsessed about Final Fantasy when writing his novels, to much more a person who is proficient writer and though i call you my rival in some ways, I also call you my friend.

Elsie: I met you on YWS and we've been through hectic times, but you are my twin though age differ you are the ying to my yang my opposite but yet my twin. A dragon and demon. :). My lesbian bestfriend and twin, shall we never part!

PhoenixBishop: You're a loyal storybooker and great at writing. I respect you and your opinion.

Isha: You may be a tree for others, but those people are grateful. You help others and never get annoyed. It's wonderful you can do that :).

BondGirl007: Thanks for forgiving me. I'm doing my best to change and never go down such a route again.

Kitty15: You've been there to listen and help me through all things mod like on yws and encouraging me to really speak my point.

Lumi: You're just awesome and great to chat to. Thanks for standing me pressurizing.

And much more shout outs! I can't remember everything or everyone. Know this you guys and gals are all awesome!
Last edited by LastPaladin on Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
You poor take courage
You rich take care
This earth was made a common treasury
For everyone to share
All things in common
All people one
We come in peace
The orders came to cut them down

Billy Bragg - The World Turned Upside Down

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:02 pm
Teardrop says...

To tell you the truth, 2010 has been an epic year. I met new friends at school, I finished a novel, and I found YWS. Everybody's been super nice, and I've made so many friends, everybody who's reviewed me has been so helpful, and after this year, I realized that 2010 is amazing, and I wanna marry YWS.

Shoutouts! : P

Funkymomo First YWSer to welcome me, ever. Made me feel awesome!

jDawn Another welcomer, reviewer, and friend. jDawn also showed my YWS in the first place so I owe her!

Skins The one and only.

Foreveralone Awesome, and I I appreciated your review!

screamandshout Epic YWSer, writer, and fun to talk to ( expecially about NSN! : )

MilkNCookies Made me feel welcome to YWS.

Calligraphy Another welcomer, that made me happy!

ultraviolet When I first posted on YWS, you posted the first ever review for me on Young Writers Society. : D Awesome, memorable, and totally helpful.

Nate Genius, for creating the site itself. Without you, I wouldn't be typing this, hehe, thanks! *bows down* You rock my socks off. : )

I <3 YWS

( I'll be back to add more soon! )
Last edited by Teardrop on Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
And are the doctors dancing in, while the ambulances sing. Another boy without a sharper knife. The moment, that's where I kill the conversation, wrap this up with a knife that loves to feel. How do you know how deep to go before it's real?
- Yeah Boy And Doll Face ~ Pierce The Veil

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:20 am
Fishr says...

Mine!
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:48 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

Gradually editing as time goes on.

So I'm going on into my ninth month on YWS, and I must say that I've grown more as a writer in this time than any time in my life. I've made some ridiculous friendships and gotten the motivation and clarity that I needed at just the right times. This place is an internet home for me, and I can't wait to watch it grow along with me as time marches on. YWS, you're more astute than any professor I've had. You're more cathartic than teardrops, and you're the warmest of welcomes when I've been away from home for a little too long.

/mushy

Aety: You'll grow one day.

beckiw: *tags*

Bloo: You are my son.

Chey (Nutty): It took a Chataclysm for us to get to know one another, but I'm really glad we did. We will forever be birthday buddies, and that's a wonderful thing. Also, look out for Tilda; she's behind you.

Firearris: You are my best firefriend and always will be! Whether it's getting married in Chatroom Omega or dealing with superdrama, we've kept together like two things glued together with extremely potent adhesive. (great simile, right?) You've taught me how to be a better friend, really, and that's a great thing. Just keep letting me tell you when to say, "No," and we'll last forever. Co-dependency for life! Woo!

Invisijae: Man, you have to work on your timing. Especially if you want to continue being friends with all of us at the same time and maintain your innocence. Even though your sense of humor is worlds apart from my own, it drives me nuts with laughter every time you're around. Granted, half the time it's about you missing a joke or two, but that's completely fine! I love you all the same. You're welcome to kidnap me any day. We will spend eternity writing Isaac/Roan fanfic and drinking obscure Asian tea.

Isha: I can't wait until January; I promise that our group won't kill you. You're a great writer and friend. :D

Jagged: Man, Jaggy. You're a YWS week or two older than me, but you're so much better than I am. It's a complete and total joy to collab with you, whether it's writing purple prose about schizophrenics and narcissists or having purple fights in chat. You keep me sharp, and you keep me laughing. One day, I'm going to sew together a giant flag for you that's made of several other flags that resemble other flags. And it will be magical. One day, I'd like to see your entire knife collection, and soon thereafter your music collection. Keep Siken-ing forever. Also, go with TINAPAL. I just love it. Forever Al_ne!

Kyllorac: You've done well, my Prophet. Forever will you be Captain Androgyny, and you will reign over the land of my self-esteem with your talons drawn for eternity. So shall it be written, so shall it be done.

Mat (Insomnia): We can fight off that darned drama beast with just a broomstick and a Nerf gun. We're like secret agents, pal, just waiting for the right time to strike. I have no idea what I'm saying, but it sounds brosome. We'll forever have MORK and SIRL and all the Kiwi jokes we can choke on. We'll go for a walk one day; I promise. Keep wearing that smile, amino. It's a great color on you... <3

Matt (chibibo): You were my first YWS friend, and you're still one of the greatest. Whether it's smacking Hannah together in chat or trading a Mango for a Jae over Pokemon games, you maintain a standard of awesomeness that is unparalleled. Besides, your Falcon Paunches are the best in the world.

Nater Gator: Thanks for building such an astounding home for everyone. Depending on what you believe, you'll either get a jewel in your crown in Heaven or be reincarnated as a duck or something in the next life.

PenguinAttack: My darling Pengenue... You're one of the best, I swear. You may think all you want about your writing, but it is precious and beautiful. I trust you more than any other on this site to tell me what I need to hear when I mess up, and to cut off the stems of my poetry that are choking the flowers within. I'll poet-war with you any day.

Puzzle: Thank you for having such great ears and eyes. I'll invite you to any SB ever, as long as you're willing to fight for it alongside me. That is, as long as you upgrade that sword of yours. It's pretty rusty. Here's to not knowing what to say in a yearbook!

Rosey Unicorn: I'm glad that we're still getting to know each other. As little as I know about you, I have this burning intuition that you're this astounding, awe-worthy person. And, well, I haven't been wrong about that yet.

Scarling: One of my first YWS friends! You're the one who got me into storybooking in the first place, and we're still storybooking together now! I love your ideas and love writing with you in general.
Last edited by Lumi on Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:06 am, edited 8 times in total.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:39 am
Nutty says...

Miiiiiiiiine. ( UNDER EDITING)

Well, it's been an interesting year. I've met some new people, kept some old friends, and generally had some really...interesting times. XD

Andy (Squall) My first friend on the great YWS, and still a great one today. Whether it was pwning the fantasy forum or discussing the finer points of maplestory, you're always great to harrass for a new opinion. It's been almost four years now, scary huh? (how did you put up with me this long?)

Mat (Insomnia) You just stalk blogs now. You blog stalkery person. I just gave you a snickers bar. SNICKERRRS. Thank you for putting up with my ranting and borderlands addiction.

Jaee (octave) You are the sweetest thing I've ever met. I am so very sorry, I'll try and stop corrupting you. You are amazing. Never change.

Jaggehlove (Jagged) Thank you (and curse you) for introducing me to 4chan. If there is any person more knowledgeable about pretty boys and final fantasy x I don't know them. My internet life (and obsessions) were so less colourful before you came into my chat-life. Maybe one day we will finally see a screen shot of this 'Real life' thing people talk about.

Aet you're too cool for a nickname, and therefore, too cool for brackets. Continue being hilarious. I want more crayola stories.

Godzilla Omega Dumpling (Vulcan) Juno really does suck.

Sachi! (sachiko) LOVE. DAVID BOWIE'S PANTS. LMAO. Need I say more?

Arrishh (firearris) Welcome to corneria.

Mixed (puzzle) Keep on nomming >=3

Pengulove (penguinattack) I love you so much. Never change. You are made of amazement and rainbows.

Lumi-ty (Lumi) You are amazing. I can't believe I hadn't discovered this sooner. You are forever ingrained into my mind when I think of mermaids. If it was planning (ha) storybook posts (or failing to) or just mucking around the chat room, you make me snerk almost constantly.

Matt (chibibo) What can I say? Thank you. I already miss you and your ibis impressions. Come see me sometime.

Love you all.
Last edited by Nutty on Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:59 am, edited 5 times in total.
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

252 Reviews

Reviews: 252
Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:43 am
Insomnia says...

So, I guess I should actually write some words in this yearbook post that like, acknowledge how awesome these last few years of my been since I met you guys. ...not that I've even really posted in the last two, but I've been around, and I've still been meeting new people, which is always amazing. My not-quite-resolution for 2011 is to get into chat more so I can see all my loves. ...and potential loves. :P

So yeah. Since I got here, I've met a whole butt ton of people, and I'm not going to be able to get all of them, because all of you are pretty much amazing and there is not enough room in this post for all of you. So I will just go for all the main ones and hope you guys will forgive me if I missed you.

Chey (Nutty): I guess I will give you credit first, since you're the reason I met everyone on YWS. Thank you for forcing me to join (probably at gunpoint), and thank you for being amazing. We may not be living together next year, but I intend to have at least one Eating A Cake/Ice Cream in the Middle of the Road moment. Everyone else should totally give thanks to Chey for being the reason I am here. :P

Bubbles and Pengy (Bubblewrapped and PenguinAttack): I'm not grouping you together because of possible sekrit name similarity, or because you are my favourite old ladies. Actually, those are both pretty good reasons too. But I am mainly lumping you together as one because you've both helped me more than anyone else on those site. I owe a lot to both of you for pushing me with my writing, trying to make me improve, and competing with me for at least one of you. :P And that's completely short changing the fact that the two of you have both just been amazing friends to me. I don't think there are any members apart from Chey (AND THAT WASN'T EVEN ALWAYS UP TO ME. SHE'S JUST ALWAYS HANGING AROUND, GOSH) that I've talked to so much. So, thanks to both of you for an amazing few years. <3

Cat (Sachiko): I know your real name now. You have changed your username. And I still persist in calling you Cat. I am not entirely sure what is wrong with me, but I do know that you are one of the most amazing people ever. The Ackles told me so. It is entirely possible I hallucinated that, 'cause I keep falling asleep on my laptop and distorting reality and I'm still really confused. Wow, way to make your part of this entry about me. But noe. You are my loff (you even gave me the word loff, and I loff you for it) and there are pretty much a million things I want to say but instead I will just say... um. Out of everyone I know, you are the one I most want to have the most amazing year ever next year. You have earned it. <3

Jabber (...is your username Jabber? I am hopelessly out of touch?): Look! I totally still remember you! Lucky for you, because you never talk to me. No, I'm kidding. But I do miss talking to you and seeing you in chat and stuff. I thought you needed a shout out to record that we still love you. Also: TWELVE SHOCKS. YELLING.

Abbey (...Teague, I think): You are stuck in the same boat as Jabber. I miss you hugely and we should talk more often.

Arrisface (Firearris: You are now following this YWSer. I CAN'T BELIEVE I WASN'T STALKING YOU ON YWS YET. I MEAN HAVE YOU SEEN HOW MUCH I STALK YOU ON SKYPE? No, I'm kidding. I am glad we talk on Skype now, because it had been too long since we'd talked to each other. TO MUCH MORE IN THE FUTURE, MADAM.

Matt (chibibo): I have known you for like, ever, man. And since I am completely sleep deprived, apparently I have voided like three years of memories of you. Except for one or two old ones from chat that Bubbles would probably prefer I didn't mention and you've probably forgotten, so I will stay silent. :P You are awesome. And some day I will join you and Aet in Minecraft, I swear. >.>

Aet (AetLindling): This brings us to Aet. ...and I totally already made the Mincraft reference. I guess that only leaves on thing to say, then: [censored].

Aline/Jagloff (Jagged) MY NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION IS TO START USING YOUR NAME. ALSO TO YELL AT YOU LESS. ...crap. Actually it's to talk to you more, because we do not talk enough and you always have all the best... fanfic. GO BAK 2 FRANSE. Alternatively, come back to us. D:

Boltoid (Vulcan): You are one of those paradoxes of humanity. You are pretty much the best thing ever when it comes to just joking around, but every now and then you say something that makes me want to try to get to know you properly or whatever. And I know your reaction to this is going to be something like, "That is so gay," but I don't care. BECAUSE I LOVE YOU, YOU LITTLE DOOFUS. You're a pretty cool kid.

Jae (Octave): Have I ever told you how much I adore you? In amongst all the... let's say "stuff" that goes on in our Skype group, you're like this beacon of innocence or whatever. It doesn't hurt that you're also funny and smart and now I am going to make you read lots of Stephen King books. >.> You're always nice to talk to. Andy is a lucky man. :P

Andy! (Squall) You really are a lucky man. :P We must talk more this year. Then maybe next year, I'll have something to say about you, goddamnit.

Holly (Bittersweet... it's still that, right?): We need to talk more, and you need to force more music on me.

Ross (Ross :P): I don't even need to say anything about forcing more music on me, 'cause I know you'll do it. ;)

Sophie (xX_white_shadow_Xx): Dang it took me a long time to find your username. Obviously a sign that we should talk more. ;)

Jon (Jon): Yeah, we've gone a while without talking. But you were still a pretty big part of the first part of this year, and we had some good times. We shall talk more sometime soon, with any luck. Congrats again on Kent State! =D

WOAH KAMO (Kamas): I DIDN'T ALMOST FORGET YOU. PROMISE.

There are a million people that I have not talked to in forever and/or I have met recently and need to talk to more. Beckiw and Vasticity are going to be the two main representatives of this group. Because seriously, there are about a million of you that I love, and you will have to chase me up in PM and yell at me if I missed you, because if I have missed you and we actually know each other there has obviously been a mistake. xD

And, there is one last shout out I have to do. It is not going to be eloquent. It is going to be rambly and possibly sentimental but I am compelled to do it because... I am an idiot.

Ty: You know, I have only known you for two or three months. And in those two months you have rendered me ridiculously needy. Enough so that I am now venting my feelings for you on a public forum. It's like that one boombox scene in Say Anything, except I can't even muster the coolness of John Cusack. How sad. About a minute ago I had all these plans for all these amazing things I was going to say, and now I am just floundering. I blame you. Basically, I love you. And I love you enough to hope that this won't be one of those nostalgic things I look back on next year and go, "Well, that was a good time. Shame it didn't work out too well." Don't let that happen, Ty.

Us against the hordes, bb. ;)

To everyone else: I am sorry for that ridiculous display of sentimentalism. I am disgusted in myself too. Have an amazing 2011, guys.
Last edited by Insomnia on Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:33 am
Octave says...

Under construction, guys. :3 You will be listed alphabetically, just because I like it when things are alphabetized.

Chibibo - Oh Matt. What I would give to peek inside your brain. It's so full of references of every sort, and it's just incredibly funny. You've never failed to make me laugh. (Though I miss the joke, sometimes. I think.)

Firearris - You're amazing. Really. I don't know what I would do without you. You're one of my best friends on YWS, and our conversations always calm me down somewhat. You're wise beyond measure, in my opinion, and you give excellent advice/insights.

Insomnia - Maaaat. I appreciate your warnings, I really do. xD And I like that you try to avoid corrupting me. Try being the keyword. On the bright side, you're building my tolerance to these sorts of things? oo;;

Jagged
- Jagsoul. One day I will show up at your dorm (as I will at Lumi's) and feed you real food. You cannot live on pizza and soda forever. x.x I will rescue you. One day. I'll save you from your tower, and we'll run away and stalk Siken together, maybe even Gaiman while we're at it.

Kyllorac
- You're a girl. I know you're a girl. Don't try to fool me.

Lumi - Tyler. I don't know where to begin. Should I cry for justice and accuse you of attempting to corrupt me, or should I hug you for being a great friend? Maybe I should do both. All the storybooks and the conversations - I hope you know I'll always be here for you if you need someone to talk to. And just so you know, you were my first new friend when I returned to YWS last April, and I never expected to be this close with someone I've never actually met in real life.

Nutty - Julieeeeeen. You're amazing. You're so motherly, and you're always looking out for me (especially when I'm lazing all over Skype instead of studying). I'll tell you a secret. You were my favorite mod before I left last year, and you were probably why I learned to like YWS chat so much.

PenguinAttack - Skiiipper. Thank you so much for putting up with my questions, and for taking me under your wing. <3 I'll forever be grateful.

PhoenixBishop
- You. You were always around to storybook with, and LUMF was incredibly fun. You RPed with me, and you're a great listener. Know that if you need someone to talk to, I'm here. You don't need to rant to the wall - I'm always willing to listen. You helped me out a lot of times - let me give back? :3

Puzzle
- Umadarling, I'll be honest. I was a bit annoyed by you when you first came to YWS. Now, though, you're one of my favorite people here. Chat won't be the same without you. X] Who else will I talk to about...well, everything girly? xD

Rosey Unicorn - Your advice is amazing, and I adore talking with you about plots. I don't know what I'd do without you. My plots would crumble and my imagination would wither.

Vanadis - Fatemate, I miss you, and I love you so much. You're always there to defend me or to hold me up when I trip, and for that, I'll always be thankful. Definitely one of my best friends on the internet.

Vulcan - You...I don't know what to say? xD *pats*

Yuriiko - Another one of my favorite chat companions! I love that we're in the same country, and in the same island. I can talk to you about things no one else gets, and if I wanted, I could probably talk to you in our dialect so no one else understands us. xD

And of course, the exception to the alphabetical order, Squall. XD You didn't think I'd forget you, did you?

To be honest, I put you at the end because I didn't really know what to say. It's been one heck of a year, hasn't it? We've had a number of arguments, and more than our fair share of memorable conversations. There are a million things I wish I could promise you, but the future's pretty flaky. You never know what it's gonna serve you. I can, however, promise you one thing - no matter what happens, you can always tell me anything. 8] (I won't make this any longer. Swear. xD)

Shout outs to Elinor (you've changed so much from the girl I first stumbled on last year :3), ScarlettFire (all the storybooks and the moments in chat - what would I ever do without you?), Pinkshearwater (Mort! One day we shall rule the world), Galerius (I love your reviews even though I haven't gotten any, and you're incredibly helpful), Nate (of course), Suzanne (you give great advice, and I hope we can talk sometime!) and Aet (darling, I'm getting used to your tricks 8P).
Last edited by Octave on Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The moral of this story, is that if I cause a stranger to choke to death for my amusement, what do you think I’ll do to you if you don’t tell me who ordered you to kill Colosimo?“

-Boardwalk Empire

Love, get out of my way.

Dulcinea: 2,500/50,000

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:09 pm
BenFranks says...

Note to Self: I still love James Bond.

Notes to Others:
LittlePetRock - Ex-Wifey

BondGirl007 - Legend.

AquaMarine - I've known you for like... wowzers.

Jagged - Clint Lawson. 'Nough Said.

JabberHut - Yes, hmm.

Kitty15 - My JM Boss and a Coolio bean.

captain.classy - Bestest Friend

Elinor Brynn - Writes better than I ever will.

Nate - A Pretty Cool ape.

skutter11 - Pie magazine toon buddy

Skins - No life reviewer + legendary. <3

Mizzle - My competitor and Art & Photography friend

lilymoore - Cracking old YWS bud

LastPaladin - Storybook legend

Mr.Knightley - TIMBERLY.

xX_White_shadow_Xx - ;) ;)

Vasticity - CHATTY.

beckiw - chat room legend.

MinisterOfHighHopes - My Non-Fiction apprentice!

Vanadis - Fun, Fun, funnyy.

Kaywiia - Creator of the best storybook ever

Bolt - You're a complete *chat innapropriate word* but your vital to my YWS life.

ScarlettFire - Old YWS buddy.

Inbetweener - Barrel of laughs

AspiringAuthorA..M. - Group leader comedian fellow

Demeter - A legend from the ol'days

LavenderBlue - Excellent reviewer

Lava - A social joy.

Lauren2010 - Amusing YWSer, great ideas.

TheNewHero - Golly gosh yes.

Kyllorac - Sense and Sensibility

Kamas - Utter legend

JSPike - one of my Column fans

Day - I know you.

FireStarter - the Common sense to my Ignorance

Big_Cheesy_Grin - Old buddy (:

Evi - a cracking modly person

Jenthura - Good ol'oppurtunist

Galerius - Mmkay.

A very Special thumbs up to:
Juniper motivated me more than chocolate.
Last edited by BenFranks on Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:30 pm
ultraviolet says...

Cal (Calligraphy) You got me started in writing more than a year ago, and because of your supportive prodding (*coughnaggingcough*) I've gone farther in writing than I could have otherwise. If you hadn't been here yelling at me to finish stuff, I wouldn't be this far into my NaNo, and without you I doubt I could finish it.

Snoink You were the second person I ever saw on this site. In my mind, you're as much of this site as Nate is. It just wouldn't be the same without your piggy dancing around the forums.

Skinsles (Skins) I don't know how many reviews I've gotten from you, but the number's a lot. And each of them has been helpful, and you can tell you cared enough to take the time and effort to write it, and to make it good. Whenever I think of asking for a review, your name is the one that pops into my mind first.

Pink (PinkShearwater) Aside from being a great reviewer, you're a great friend on here. From our wall war to becoming Facebook friends to everything else, you're probably one of my favorite people on here (and that's saying something, as everyone on here is awesome). Also, your love of penguins is truly inspiring. ;)

Mr.Knightley I just gotta say, your name inspired me to watching Pirates of the Caribbean, which is now one of my favorite movie series. Also, I've always loved your kitty. xD

borntobeawriter Your and Pink's family shows just how close and personal a website this is. It shows how we're all friends, and how we're all connected by our love of writing. Because YWS isn't just about writing - it's a community of friends who happen to love to write and who lovingly help each other in that area.

NepoGirl Right away when I joined, you PMed me wanting to be PM buddies. You were also a newbie. I just want to say how nice it was to have a friend on here, and always have a notification calling me back. Without that I might've lost interest right away, but now YWS is a big part of me. Thanks for showing just how friendly a community this is, though being new to it yourself.

Nate Without this site, I'd probably have given up writing a long time ago. You've helped me in every area, and now the prospects of actually getting published one day are so much more promising, even if far off. I cannot express how much your site has inspired and helped me, and how thankful I am to you. But thank you, for having such a wonderful site with so many wonderful people.

Jashy (jashbagabaldo) One word: talent. My first time of exposure to said talent was when you were drawing a picture of Taylor Swift while you playing her songs was in the background. Now, your song, "Magnified." Seriously, it's almost pathetic how much I love it. I've listening to it more than a dozen times since I first saw it in lyrics. Actually, it's probably getting close to two dozen time. I even have it open on a tab as I'm writing this. Girl, you will go far. Just keep creativiting (see, you're so good I had to make up a word).

That's it for now, though I may come up with more.
Last edited by ultraviolet on Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:39 pm
eldEr says...

Ahh, YWS. The first shout-out goes to you-- the website in general. ;)
Which makes sense, considering if there was no YWS, there would be no members to give shoutouts to!
I believe I've improved my writing skills a truck load and a half since arriving here, and I've made so many awesome friends on the website... It's going to be hard to list them all!

Which is why I will say that I am going to keep adding to this list, since I don't have time to put everybody down in one go. ;)

ScarlettFire (Scarli) To my first ever YWS friend. You were there the first time I ever walked into chat, and I suppose we just sort of clicked. Seeing you on chat has always managed to make my day better! We've had so many awesome conversations, lots of laughs-- and then there was when I found out you were my mother! Good times. ;D

Puzzle (Emmydear) You are one of my most epic YWS freends. ;D From all the way back to your first time in chat, when you told me to call you Emmy instead of Up, to Tarr and Domi, to the epic conversations and the laughs-- and then when I found out that you were my daughter! Love ya!

ninjacookiemonster (Ninjily) Chicky-poo, you are my very own big bundle of TEH EPYK. ;D My day is never complete until you log onto chat. Then is when epykness ensues! From Chaivery to Taishaness to Mitch and beyond, pure awesomeness is just a few typed-out words away!

Inbetweener (Tammypoo) You, m'dear, are just awesomeness. You always make me smile, no matter what we're talking about. I'm so glad that I'm somebody you can come to. You are a very dear friend of mine, and I hope you stay that way! (I'm assured you will, though. ;D)

JabberHut (Grooby) Grooby, you are one heck of a person! You turned me all yellow when I was sad, sang Be Our Guest with me on my wall, and you totally made my birthday that much better! You are like... the most simply awesometastic person I've ever met! (I still can't think of an epic enough way to thank you for all of the awesomness, by the way!)

Geronimo (Rebimo[so]) Hun, you are simply fantabulous! There's not much else I can say, other than that you're such an awesome friend, and seeing you in chat and just about anywhere else on YWS makes me grin like a fool. ;D Love you deary!

Grantsomethingorotherfur (Granty) My adoptive father, who is constantly disowning me.... it makes me sad, but I know you don't really mean it. ;D (Like, psh...who could ever disown somebody as precious as me?) You always make me laugh and smile like a fool. So thank you adoptive daddy! <3

Lava Laaavaaaloffff. You are an awesome friend, and seeing you lurking around the chat room brings me many a happy-face. Darlin', I gotta say I loffle you! ;D

Jenthura (Jenthy) I would just like to make a comment about your art. It has got to be some of the most epic stuff eeeeveeeer. Not to mention you are pure awesomness in the best form! Keep being flyyy :P

Lethero (Letharoo) Well, I have a few things I could say about you here... from those irritating links you throw around (the ones that make me want to stab you or something) to the nerdiness in D with the others... well, as much as I hate to admit it, you're pretty awesome. Totally not worthy of a bow though. ;) Loff you you hug-hating weirdo! :smt003

LastPaladin (Pally) You know, to sum you up in one word, I would have to say: Wonderfullyamazingineverywaypossible. (Totally one word, by the way. ;)) You're one of my best YWS-friends, as well as my MSN buddie. ;D From chat to LUMF to reading your novel to LUMF 2 and them more chats and MSN, you have always managed to make me feel important. You're one rockin' guy and don't you forget it!

Tenyo (Tenaloo) My dear, dear Tenaloo! YWS would most certainly not be the same without you running around in chat and on the website. I give you all of my loff and maulssnuggles and other such wonderful things. ;D You always make me smile, and you're pure awesome. ^-^ Loff yew!

Vasticity (Clarkeh) Even if I can't be your architect until I learn... all of that junk I need to learn... you are still on the top of my list of my most fantabulistic friends! You always make me laugh (what with all those images linked in chat? Who couldn't!) and I can't believe I've met a person who knows as much about dreams as you do. Cheers ol' boy!

Sachiko (Cheeky) Cheeeeeeeky. You are so loffable in so many different ways, I can't even count them all! In short, I adorelofflessthanthreepointonefouronefive you! YWS would be a very, very lonely place without you around! Keep being teh awesomes!

BondGirl007 (Hope) I just thought I'd tell you how awesomely epic you are. ;D You being on chat has made many of my days awesome!

Lumi (Luma) Luma, you are totally awesome. I have a confession though. When I first started using the chatroom on a regular basis, you frightened me. xD I'm not quite sure why though, because you are amazing!

borntobeawriter (Miss. Happy) Sharing our random happy facts from wall to wall is something that I hope we never stop doing! It makes me smile extra wide whenever I see your name in my notifications, and when I'm down, I just go back and re-read all of them! Love ya! xoxo!

Flemzo (Flemmy) May I say that you are and incredible singer? ;D Not only that, but you're like... totally epic. And I so remember the first time I saw you in chat... You were one of the people I was intimidated by for some odd reason. O.o Not anymore, though. Now I just think you're cool. ;)

Skins (Rhino) I suppose I should mention that spamming your wall is one of my favourite pass-times! Your avatars always crack me up, as does reading your comments. (I stalk you, you know.) I do miss seeing you in chat all the time, but wall posts are the next best thing, right? ;D

Pinkshearwater (Pinshwa) First off.... *gives lotssa cannibal loffs* My cannibal loff buddy. ^-^ You make me smile relentlessly, and my brain totally spazzes out whenever you enter that chat room. You are totally epic and all of those made up words I can say and not spell, so cheers!

Aweqs (Ava) Darlin', you are like... my awesome chat buddy! ;D You make me giggly and smiley and stuff. Lots of loff and hugs and moar loff!

FireArris (Fashe) You are mah buuuudddyyyy! It's as simple as that! Keep bein' coolio. ;)

forsakinshadow (Sakin) You are all of the epics rolled into one! Tabtab/Sakin/whatever I choose to call you for the day, I loffle you wifey! :3 Oh yes, and I miss you a zillion times one! It's so awesome to see you around and on chat again!

RazHuni (Hunaz) Fellow Monster fan. ;D You are the most amazingnessest person evar. Aside from the other most amazingnessest people, of course. :P Looooffff yooou Hunaz!

Solvalery (Solvyalvy) Darlin' dear, you are sweeter than sugar and twice as lovable! Whenever you say, "Life is good and God is beautiful!" I smile, and my day is automatically brightened! You're another one of my closest YWS friends, and I loffle you lots!

Bluewaterlily (Lil) We've gotten close in the past couple of months, and I must say that I loffle you to bits! I love our conversations, and it feels so awesome to have somebody who relates to me as well as you do!

AquaMarine (Amy) Just because you are simply awesomesauce. ;D Loff you!

MasterYoda (Mayo) It's a well-known fact that you are amazing. I must thank you for getting me addicted to Word Warring. ;D

TheNewHero (Neetho) Yes, I totally know I gave you the most epic nick-name ever. ;D You're always so much fun to see around chat. xD

LittlePetRock (Fluffy) YOU! My fellow tobyMac/Skillet fangirl! Cooper and Mac will forever be with us... not to mention when we first met. We thought we were twins, sperarated at birth! Love ya Fluuuufffy!!

ImABookPerson (Ukie) My other twin and MSN buddy! You are most certaintly super awesome and amazing and just wonderful in general! Seeing you on MSN/in chat is awesomeness in its purest form! Love you looots! *licks*

MilkN'Cookies (Milky [Dragon]) I have one thing to say to you: I loffflllleeee you!! Stick around for a good long time, yes?

GriffinKeeper (Scruffy) I'm still not sure what made me decide to call you Scruffy, but I don't think it matters too much! You're awesomesauce!

Captain.Classy (Cap'n C) You are totally amazing in every possible way. Love you lots and lots! Chatting with you is always a special treat, and you've made many a smile appear on my face!

RomanceWritrer (CD) You were gone for such a long time... It made my heart hurt. But then you came back and I totally had a mini-spazm! You were amoung the first of my YWS friends, if I remember correctly! Love ya! :smt003

PenguinAttack (Pengette) Pengette, whom I love and adore. :3

LilyMoore (Emu) I loffle you to teeny-tiny bits and pieces! What's more to say? You being in the chat room is just one more thing that brightens up my day, no matter how gloomy I've been feeling. You're awesome, and I refuse to let you forget that! Keep being totally rad! ;D

jashbagabaldo (Jash-ie) Jash-ie, might I just say that you make awesome StoryBook profiles? Oh yeah, and I like... love you lots! I remember when you first came onto YWS chat and we got along right away. ;D I was so glad to be the one to welcome you! I hope you stay around for MUCH longer!

lilgreendots (ligreots) You, I must say, have a huge hunk of my adoration. You're an awesome person, and I was a bit lonely without you for a while! I'm glad to see that you're back now, and I hope to see you in the chat room again soon! ;D

Nate Without you, there would be no YWS. So an extra-special, uber-sincere, adoring thank you!

And here's to everybody else that hasn't been mentioned! The reviewers or my fellow StorbyBookers, I love all of you! ;D
Last edited by eldEr on Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:38 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:41 pm
Winchester says...

*Saves Spot*
"Winner, winner, chicken dinner" Wise words said by the one and only, Dean Winchester.

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:46 pm
Vasticity says...

Well, I joined this year, and it's pretty much all I do all day is go on this site. So you're my life now, and I'm glad I found YWS or I would probably be vandalizing by spray-painting screenplays on the side of a skyscraper.

Em, Isha, Annie, and Vern-You're probably better than most of the friends than I'll ever meet or ever have met in my entire life, and I sincerely thank you for it.
Scar, Eli, Bubbles, Skutter, and thehobbitgangster-You all enjoyed my script, Scavengers and gave such helpful and inspiring words that it caused me to write something that I've, in terms of acclaim, have never been able to duplicate. I wasn't even very sure of this movie until I saw that people truly enjoyed it. I'd like to thank you greatly because it has helped my confidence ever since, trying to work up to the goal of getting an even greater positive reaction from other people.
Ben-I was told to write something here, so... Ben is cool.
Last edited by Vasticity on Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
And the angel said unto him, “stop hitting yourself, stop hitting yourself.” But lo, he could not stop, for the angel was hitting him with his own hands.

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:10 pm
Winchester says...

Okay, I've had two accounts this year ButterflyFlutterby2 and RebelInSilence (Now Geronimo)

Butterfly just went wrong, so then Reb's was created...

I joined in July, and there not been one person who's been horrible to me, It was only a few years back when i got into writing and i've never been pretty serious about it, but it's fun to do, and i't grat to put yourself in the shoes of the perso your writing about.

I mostly spend my time in the chatroom so i would like to have a shoutout to all my friends, seperatly.

Isha : My best buddy, Who came up with my awsome name 'Rebimio'...Nothing can get as awsome as that.

Inbertweener: My fellow english friend, and my facebook buddy...one of my first chat friends..and one of the only people who call me Chloe xD

ScarlettFire: She's like my big sister in chat, and my storybook friend :)

Shubs: She's my fellow Paramore lover, and another sister.

VitaminCakes: Now, i think Vit was my first ever YWS friend, they guy i was jelous of becuase he live in such a beautiful place, you lucky I tell you!

ImABookPerson: My other best friend AND facebook buddy!

Skins: My fellow McFly lover

I don't think i would of even still be on this site if it wasn't for you guys, so even if the mentions small you don't relise how AMAZING you all are.

Hasta-La-Vista :)
"Winner, winner, chicken dinner" Wise words said by the one and only, Dean Winchester.

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:38 pm
Justagirl says...

Well, seems there isn't going to be a very long yearbook. Oh well. I joined YWS a while ago and then my account was shut down :'(. I got up the courage to come back though and I've posted a few of my works. Not many people liked them. I feel sort of down now but I know if I keep writing it'll all come out in a poem at some time and then I'll feel better! Maybe...

Well, nice to let that out... I guess.

*scribbles signature on yearbook page*
Alzora
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

~ Yeah I'm letting go of what I had, yeah I'm living now and living loud ~

Just think happy thoughts and you'll fly.
— Peter Pan