z

Young Writers Society

Girls, girls, girls 16 and over:

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:34 pm
View Likes
Tara says...

I, personally would rather be seranaded then recited to. I have this thing for guys who play guitar, and when a writes, or even just plays a song for you, it's enough to make you melt. Guys have to have a sense of humor, too. :wink: Not laugh at anything, dosesn't know when to be serious kind of guy, but one who knows how to cheer you up when your down, someone you can laugh with. :lol:
Sweet little gestures such as offering you his coat when it's cold, or tapping on your window at night just to go look at the stars are always appreciated.
~Tara
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:46 pm
View Likes
Zion says...

Z I just saw this thread. hehehe intriguing, now none shall ressist the foul charms of Arvandor (and Z of course :P ) *ahem* Anyway, I tend to raise the cortly love on a new stage, godly. Treat the lady (not chick) as a godess, (poems and such) always admire her, if necesarry bow to your knees (but don't over do it :D ) When you talk to a girl, look her directly in her eyes, always smile, and even if the conversation is boring try to look cherful. You must look as more interested in her, and be happy to be in her company. Try to impress her (not by fighting or such, a TRUE woman never likes brutes and such), do the small but notable things as keep the door opened to her and things like that. Always look as nice as possible. Girls lawys observe, even though it does not seems they do. They are devilish creatures (not in a negative way) and ALWAYS scan every single guy that passes by them.
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:16 pm
View Likes
Perra says...

Tara wrote:I, personally would rather be seranaded then recited to. I have this thing for guys who play guitar, and when a writes, or even just plays a song for you, it's enough to make you melt. Guys have to have a sense of humor, too. :wink: Not laugh at anything, dosesn't know when to be serious kind of guy, but one who knows how to cheer you up when your down, someone you can laugh with. :lol:
Sweet little gestures such as offering you his coat when it's cold, or tapping on your window at night just to go look at the stars are always appreciated.
~Tara

I so agree with you, Tara! Poems, if written by him or especially picked out, are good. But I agree with Mesh and Crysi, don't use the poem thing too much. And songs written and played by a guy for you, :mrgreen: that's romantic. Especially if it's for you, he's playing it in a band at concerts, and no one else knows it's for you. For my Sweet-16 Party, my mom got my crush's band to play the night of my party at the local coffee house/cool hangout spot. At one point during my party, the lead singer told everyone there it was my B-day party, and my crush started playing "Happy Birthday" on his electric guitar. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: *remembers need for love smiley* *sigh*I was SO happy! Then I got to hear it again right after that when everyone sang the song to me. My crush doesn't actually know he's my crush, though, so....yeah.....*sighs again*I'm gonna start rambling again soon.

ZZAP, put a rose somewhere so only she'll find it. With a very short note briefly expressing feelings, or a poem, and saying who the rose is from. :wink: Or, maybe more than one rose. Or her favorite flower. Oh! See what she likes, and what her interests are, then form something romantic around it. Like, if she likes outer space, take her star gazing out in a field, maybe like a night-time picnic with a telescope. Or, if she likes guitars, learn to play, play for her, and maybe teach her!
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:12 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

*gets out notebook takes everything down*

I'd add my own advice, but most of it has already been said.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:58 am
View Likes
Crysi says...

OOH I LOVE BEING SERENADED!!

Now THAT is an excellent idea. Also, I agree that holding the door open and polite things like that impress girls. And their parents too, if they see you doing it. :wink:

And I definitely agree with C that it's hard to know whether you're just being friendly or are actually interested. Not sure how to advise guys on that..

Perra, that's awesome!!

Arvy.. you're right lol, we DO scan every guy.. at least, I do.. :P I just noticed that today. Sheesh. :roll:
Love and Light

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:37 am
View Likes
bubblewrapped says...

Personally, being supremely shy, I'd say my advice to guys would be not to come on too strong. I dont know if its just me but persistence can be annoying even as it is slightly flattering and gets kinda awkward (trust me, I know). Let us know you're interested without overdoing it. But yeah, havent had that much experience myself so I cant really talk.

About the serenading thing, however, I'd totally flip if I guy did that. Maybe I'm just cynical or way too self-conscious but that would make me want to curl up and die and I'd probably run away, lol. So be careful with that one. If you know the girl is kind of reserved, then dont pull a stunt like that unless its guaranteed not to embarass her. The poem and rose is a nice idea though. Very sweet.
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:39 am
View Likes
ZZAP says...

About scanning... I totally got heated today. When I walk down the halls, by myself of course, they all look at me! :evil: Then they'll say, I like his clothes, or some comment like that, as if I don't hear them. Gah! It's humiliating. :oops: :oops: *sigh* I know when they are scanning me, as I can feel it. Few months back, I was at a denist. He was brushing my teeth in the mirror right? Before my appointment and all... this girl just thinks I'm not looking, so she scans me. I see her right in the reflection, as if she is right in front of me. *sigh* I don't know, I guess it's alright, but it's just too much.

-Z
Nate, you will eventually resine or trade powers with me:
https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=4

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:41 am
View Likes
Crysi says...

Lol! Which is why I try not to be too obvious about it.. I make it look like I'm scanning the surroundings, instead of the guys :wink:

Or I try to, at least.. :P
Love and Light

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:12 am
View Likes
Perra says...

I scan them when they aren't looking, hopefully. And quickly, too. I also try to do the 'looking at surroundings' thing. But, then, when I actually am looking at my surroundings, I'll end up locking eyes with a guy on accident once or twice, and get paranoid that he thinks I was scanning him. :shock:
I don't like it when I see/know guys are scanning me. I get paranoid, depending on my mood(I guess.) But sometimes, such as at my Sweet-16 when I looked and felt great :mrgreen: (mom better have taken pictures of his band... :evil: ), I don't mind it and enjoy the attention(probably because I hardly get any most of the time :P .)

I'm kinda introverted, too, bubblewrapped. Although, sometimes I just say I just think too much to say anything(seriously, I really think I do). So, come on too strong on me, especially if we've never talked before, would be a big turn-off. Plus, it's creepy. So far as I can think. I normally either never attract attention, don't know that someone has a crush on me, know someone has a crush on me who I don't want to have a crush on me, or aren't sure if someone likes me. I've only had a maybe-boyfriend in third grade. Back when I was so open, energetic, and naive I make myself kinda sick. :P
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:38 am
View Likes
Tessitore says...

I have a recommendation; Talking.

Talking solves lots of issues.

Those of you that don't talk... well, you don't exist.

So talk!

Cause nothing annoys me more then, "I want to talk to him/her, I really do! But I'm so scared! What if I say something wrong??!!"

Oh, it's going to be an earth-shatter, destiny in the balance moment that you may regret for the rest of your life! I say.

Cause I just open my mouth and talk to people... and I notice that even though I have... other... physical features that people do not find as attractive, they start finding ME attractive, and then... well... we start getting along.

SO TALK!

This whole "silence" thing has gone way too far.
I'm not even angry... I'm being so sincere right now.
Even though you broke my heart.
And killed me... And tore me to pieces.
And threw every piece into a fire.
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:40 am
View Likes
Sam says...

I'm the slightly insane extreme extrovert so I can't really help you shy people...:D
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:42 am
Meshugenah says...

i would be the insane, shyish intrevet, so i can't help much either (well, with the girls...) but i agree tess, if only ppl would talk! jeesh, it's not like anyone bites! (not counting crysi's dragons, of course :P :lol: )
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:48 am
View Likes
Sam says...

quoting one of my boy-obsessed friends *ooh sam will you please talk to him for me PLEASE seriously gene I need your help...he's soo hot!*

(gag choke barf)
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:52 am
View Likes
ZZAP says...

:roll: Me? Ahhh yes... Girls think that they are clever and all. *sigh* It's sooo funny when I see a guy or a girl scanning someone, and they think that they are getting away with it. The guy part was guys checking out girls, not me... :wink: Personally, sure I scan, but I'm up front about it. I'll walk over to the lady (if I know them) and say that she's looking gorgious today. *shrugs* What's the secrete? Hmmmm... well, I was like that when I was all the way back in fourth grade, so the thing is with me. Girls dig it when you start talking about a subject, but you make it sound as if your just a$$ talking. Make sure that your doing it as a joke, girls dig it. Back up jokes are a must, when you hit a dud... not a dud girl, but a dud moment. lol That's just me...

-Z
Nate, you will eventually resine or trade powers with me:
https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=4

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:35 pm
View Likes
Elocina says...

When I read Arvy's post about girls scanning my first reaction was "Not so!" ......then I started to think about it. Crap, Arvy, you're right. Even with a boyfriend, I do scan other guys. Not when Joe's around, though. But when I'm alone...sheesh. I don't make a big thing of it, usually scannin them when they aren't looking.

Z, its a compliment to be looked over. And just say what's natural to you. Remind me to tell the Purple Mushroom Joke sometime. Good icebreacker there.
Feeling stupid? Follow me!

I have to ask. Does every question or statement regarding the quote generator end up in the quote generator?
— WeepingWisteria