z

Young Writers Society

Welcome New Members! [2]

166 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 166
Sun May 13, 2012 8:03 am
Charlie II says...

Good morning FLS and everyone else who have posted recently!:)

YWS is a site designed to help young writers practice and improve in a friendly environment. The site works by posting works and, even more importantly, reviewing.

To review just click on the "Browse" tab from anywhere on the site and have a look through the things other people have posted. If you write a review for one or two of them (make sure you don't click the "Preview" button -- it's broken and will delete your review!) then you'll have helped some other writer out. :) Constructive criticism is the goal here.

To post your own work click on the "Add New Work" button right at the top of the screen. The system will guide you through what to do next.

Remember -- if you want people to review your works then the best thing you can do is go out and review theirs. That way the other writers feel grateful and want to help you out in return. The more helpful you are to them, the more helpful they'll be to you. ;) Makes sense, right?

Other than that there are lots of other functions of the site, but they are best found by exploration! Take a look around and don't be afraid to ask questions. I'm sure you'll be experts in no time.

Take care!
I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.
-- Woody Allen

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Sun May 13, 2012 9:42 am
Caesar says...

Exactly what Charles said.
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sun May 13, 2012 2:00 pm
View Likes
SirTobes says...

Yo new members! Wattup, Wattup?
Yo, yo, yo!
Benvenito!
There is no such thing as a stranger. Only friends we haven't met yet.

Previously Just Toby

Reviews: 0
Mon May 14, 2012 1:05 pm
nikkikajeh says...

Hello! I'm nikki,I'm relativly new here and just wanted to introduce myself..if anyone has any suggestions for me to read or whatever, feel free to pm me (or even if you just feel like talking) :)

I like to write fantasy and realistic fiction, how about you guys? :o
Spoiler! :
I shower naked
“Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I'm not going to make it, but you laugh inside — remembering all the times you've felt that way.” Charles Bukowski

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Wed May 16, 2012 7:19 pm
View Likes
wakegirl says...

Hey, I'm Charlie. I just got recommended to join this site and it looks pretty cool but not really sure what to do, can anyone help me out? :D

249 Reviews

Reviews: 249
Wed May 16, 2012 7:46 pm
murtuza says...

Hey, Nikki!

Welcome to YWS! :)

We've got a ton of Fantasy Fiction writers here on YWS. In fact, you can find a lot of Fantasy Fiction Storybooks that you can take part in or maybe just follow and read them. I write a lot of poetry. And now, I've even started on Short stories and the like. ^.^ If you ever need any help or just a chat, don't hesitate to ask me or any one of the moderators (like Charlie II above).

Hi, Charlie! And welcome to YWS. :)

YWS is solely for those young, budding writers and artists who would like to share their works and receive and give reviews as well as making a lot of friends while they're at it. Apart from that, you can take part in Storybooks which are a form of Role-Playing literary activity. You can Blog as well, and post Status Updates through your profile's wall or through the 'People' tab.

The Forums are the most significant part of YWS, because they hold an abundance of resources that allow any writer to learn, ask or answer queries and give insight. Apart from that, you can procrastinate, take part in the Debates section or just hang out in 'The Lounge'.

I'm sure once you explore the site and see every nook and corner, you'll find something new to appreciate. But don't forget, this is still a writing site. So feel free to check out the 'Browse' area and read the members' works. And if you leave them a comment or a review, you'd be making them very happy and grateful. Having said that, if you're looking to receive reviews by people, you may ask around the 'Will Write For Food' Section in the 'Forums' and soon enough, if you're patient, you'll get them. The basic system of reviewing that works here is - Review others to get reviews yourself. ^.^

You can ask me for any help that you may need around the site or even contact one of the moderators. (They are the ones with green usernames.)

I hope you guys enjoy YWS. Take care and keep the ink flowing!

:)
Last edited by murtuza on Fri May 18, 2012 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not about the weight of what's spoken.
It's about being heard.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Wed May 16, 2012 8:11 pm
wakegirl says...

Thanks so much murtuza that was really helpful! I can't wait to get started.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Fri May 18, 2012 9:56 am
View Likes
Caesar says...

Hey wake, that here what murt said is also my thoughts, and I'm sure those of all the wonderful YWS people.
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

Sat May 19, 2012 2:05 pm
MUTE says...

Hey, I'm new :) :D
[color=#4000BF]MUTE[/color]

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sun May 20, 2012 6:30 pm
View Likes
firepen says...

Heya, I'm Firepen and this is my first (of many, I hope!) post. I love writing and am looking forward to getting involved with this forum, it looks great!
Please have a look at my website: www.firepen.webs.com!

Reviews: 1
Sun May 20, 2012 10:03 pm
View Likes
Jeraphiel says...

Hi I'm new :D (Jeh-Ra-Feel) I hope to write fantasy and would love to have others review my work rather than asking my friends who'll be too nice :)
All the world's burdens but none of your own

96 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 96
Mon May 21, 2012 2:19 am
View Likes
noninjaes says...

Hi Jeraphiel. I write fantasy too. It's apreciated if you stick to a 2:1 review ration (you give 2 reviews to every 1 work you post). This keeps things flowing and makes everything fair.
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016
Stories Not Otherwise My Own

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers
Being awesome since Jan 2012.

Reviews: 1
Mon May 21, 2012 12:19 pm
View Likes
Jeraphiel says...

sounds good ^_^
All the world's burdens but none of your own

Mon May 21, 2012 8:12 pm
View Likes
Ginsburger says...

Hi . I'm Josh . I live in Germany and grew up bilingual . Only downside is my English punctuation is awful . While I'm still somewhat confused by the workings of this site , I am however ,intrigued .
My favorite authors are John Green and George RR Martin.
You might be able to guess my favorite poet .

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Mon May 21, 2012 10:24 pm
MaryEvans says...

Hey, as you might guess I’m new here. I’ve been struggling with writing for over 7 years now, and with crappy writing communities about 4. I find my progress, however, moving on rather slowly. I work slowly as well, which I blame on time restrictions. The fact I am absent minded and tend to be careless and overlook some details doesn’t help either.
Other than writing I draw. I even tried making a graphic novel once but failed miserably. So I decided to stick to writing for now. I’m working on a several projects, finished one, and am currently editing it. That’s pretty much all about me and my writing. I hope to meet new and talented writers here and naturally read many cool stories. I do like to read and review other people’s work, but I do it randomly and unfortunately rather infrequently. Still I’m looking forward to meeting and reading you.

It's a pity the dictionary has only one definition of beauty. In my world, there are 7.9 billion types of it- all different and still beautiful.
— anne27