12+ Violence Mature Content

The death of a sweetheart

by vampricone6783

*This story is underneath my folder titled “The cake curse”. This is from my “Celina and Alejandro” stories. Gacha Club character designs are on my wall. Enjoy!*

Josiah placed the locks of Marguerite and Merle’s hair that he found in their room in the batter. They loved chocolate cake, so certainly, it would work out.

“Why are you putting hair in cake batter?” Emilia asked.

Josiah grinned at his wife as he stirred the cake batter.

“I read online that you can take the hair of dead loved ones and put into food they love. They can come back!” Josiah said happily.

Emilia frowned and crossed her arms over her chest. Of course she was skeptical, that was because she didn’t believe like him.

“Are you going off of something you read online? How can you take anything the internet says seriously? They’re gone.” Emilia said, her voice hushed and full of sorrow.

Josiah slammed the wooden spoon on the counter. He couldn’t get mad at her. He just had to make her understand, that was all.

“But you don’t know that. Strange things happen all the time. Why not just let me give this a try? Don’t you want to see them again?” Josiah asked.

Emilia sighed and shook her head.

“More than anything. But going off what someone says on the internet would be disrespectful to their memory. Let them go.” Emilia said.

She loved them too. She thought about them too. She felt the same gnawing, growing pain in her heart that he did.

So why try to deny the possibility?

“You’re right. I shouldn’t have done anything. I’m sorry.” Josiah said, opening his arms out in an embrace.

Emilia walked up to him and hugged him fiercely, all the love for their children and him seeping right in.

“Say hello to the children for me.” Josiah said, grabbing the knife from the counter and stabbing Emilia’s back.

When he let go, Emilia’s petrified eyes stared back at him, but he simply turned her around, so that the blood dripping from her chest would fall into the batter.

“Monsters the people called the children, and monsters the people should be.” Josiah said.

There was another thing the site told him. If something were to ever go wrong, he could take the blood of a loved one and use it to place a curse. His children had such the Halloween spirit that not everyone shared, but everyone would see in their eyes, as monsters.

Emilia didn’t understand, but she would when she saw their children. He’d make the town pay, and he’d make his family happy.

Nothing would stop Josiah.

SkyVibes wrote a review...

Hello hello! PepperVibes here to read and review!

I like how this story begins. Seems like a sweet family trying to cope with loss. Josiah seems like he's willing to do anything to see the people he loves. That's so sad that his wife doesn't even pretend to agree with him to help him through his grief.

I did not see the ending coming. That was such a strong ending and I would love to read more of this story to see what happens. So creepy. Josiah seems to be that bad guy character who thinks he's really actually doing something for the good. Like it seems He wants to make the town pay because he thinks they are the truly evil people. That's so sad. I think Josiah needs a real hug. Not one from the wife who didn't try to understand.

Very interesting story!

Stay spicy and keep writing!
-Pepper

22Midnight wrote a review...

Hi names 22Midnight
hope your doing well, let's get into it!

First Impression: even at the start this gave me a bit of a laugh but also made me feel weird like what is this guy doing? totally a good way to start it to keep me wondering till the end.

okay that's disgusting and messed up, should I be concerned about Josiah?

oh dear even his wife is confused now your know that's bad

well that answered my previous question and now i'm concerned about Josiah, and feeling a little sorry for him to though shame doesn't seem like his handling the loss very well.

Yeah internet knows nothing trust me it's true, not the spoon going down hard on the counter but wait that's sweet that he knows not to get mad at her, not all people would do the same thing.

Emilia sighed and shook her head.

shame Merle obviously meant a lot to him and now his struggling to get over her death.

So why try to deny the possibility?

she is right the internet always lies and the memories are what they should hold on to, maybe his in more denial then she is about it.

aww that's sweet now there hugging each other hopefully they both deal with this properly and support each other like they are right now.

WHAT! that literally just court me off guard, he just stabbed her what internet advice did he get :shock:

everyone stay away form this man his gone insane, that's going to be a very bad tasting batter

no what did he do! these children should be left in peace even if there dead, he hasn't dealt with this resent death very well at all.

Nothing would stop Josiah.

how does killing them make them happy, you need to be put in jail!

Overall: Overall that was a shocking end and a perfectly executed twist in the story, I wasn't expecting it at all i really felt sorry for Josiah at first but now i'm worried about the people who are going to get stabbed.

anyway that's it from me

hope you have a great dawn/dusk/midnight

See Ya

Sometimes my life just sounds like surrealistic fiction being sold on clearance at the book store.
— J. G. Hammersmith