12+ Violence Mature Content

Cecilia Hammond’s origin: V.S.L. (Vampire Spy League)

by vampricone6783

*This is the origin of Cecilia, from my “V. S. L.” stories. This story will be underneath my folder titled: “V. S. L. (Vampire Spy League)”. Gacha Club character designs will be on my wall. Enjoy!*

Cecilia Hammond smiled as she drove. Marcus sat in the back, all sharp and proper in his black suit.

She was driving to her old home to take her little sister, Eliza, to prom. She already picked Marcus up from his house, all she had to do was pick Eliza up.

College was nice and all, but there was more work involved. Deadlines had to be made, expectations were higher. Cecilia loved the productivity, the freedom of adulthood, but sometimes, her mind would switch to foggy memories of late nights at family vacations, running back to the hotel, the excitement of the day bringing brightly-colored possibilities.

At least it was a rainy night. The rain pattering gently on the windshield made for a strange sense of nostalgia. Going to bed at a night of rain during the summer, her window a crack open to let in the cool air, watching a horror movie with Eliza late at night in her bedroom trying not to wake up their parents, and blowing out the candles on her birthday cake in the dining room of their grandparents’ house while the rest of her family cheered.

Hopefully Eliza will look back at this memory with nothing but joy in her heart. Cecilia thought to herself.

She noticed the headlights from another car illuminating in the darkness and wondered where theywere going, what stories the people in the other car had to tell.

Cecilia squinted. Was the rain fogging her windshield too much, or was the car getting faster?

No, she wasn’t imagining. The car was speeding, its wheels screaming on the gravel. She had to swerve before-

………………………………………………………………

Cecilia groggily opened her eyes. She couldn’t see much, her vision was too blurry.

Car…rain…prom…childhood…

When her thoughts finally cleared, she could see that she was sitting on the floor of an industrial steel room, a cloaked man who seemed to be around her age standing in front of her. Cecilia could vaguely see his pale, porcelain face and his electric, golden, cat-like eyes, so she couldn’t tell.

The man bent down to her level, his lips turned into a frown, and said solemnly:

“I’m sorry I hit your car. The Grandmaster told me to. You have to understand, the Grandmaster tells me to do everything.”

Grandmaster? Grandmaster? Whatever was he talking about? Where was she? Where was Marcus? Why did her stomach feel so unbearably empty?

“I know that you’re confused, so I’ll clear things up for you: You’re a vampire now. The Grandmaster has selected you and your sister to join V. S. L. , a group of vampire spies who work to protect humanity. I’m Altair. You are?”

So she was a vampire? No, that couldn’t be true. Vampires weren’t real, she was only dreaming.

Cecilia rubbed her eyes violently, trying to wake herself up, but the image was the same. The industrial steel room, the cloaked man who called himself Altair. Nothing changed.

She opened her mouth and felt around with a single finger for two sharp, piercing fangs. Her heart sank when she felt the unnatural teeth in her gum line.

“I’m afraid that this is no dream. I’ve turned you into a vampire, and I’ve done the same for your sister.” Altair said sadly.

Cecilia stood up, the deep desire to get up, to do something other than pathetically sit on the ground in her veins. Altair stood with her, certain to keep his eye contact with her even though, upon realizing after she stood up, she was a good two inches taller than him.

“You have my sister? Where is she? Where is Marcus? What have you done with them?” Cecilia asked, pushing Altair to the ground.

He didn’t make a sound after she pushed him, not even a cry of pain. Cecilia pounced towards him, the urge to rip his throat out getting stronger and stronger, the emptiness within her screeching for blood.

She bared her fangs to his neck…

“Did you forget that I’m a vampire too?” Altair asked, his voice with a slight snake edge to it that she hadn’t heard before.

Before Cecilia could react, he threw her to the other side of the room. None of her bones broke, since she was a vampire, but the sheer force he had within him frightened her enough to stay where she was on the ground.

“Eliza is a vampire, I’ll take you to her. She’s a tad more shaken up than you are, so it might take a while for her to come out. As for Marcus…well, he’s a demon. We’ve made him a demon. You might see him, but rarely.” Altair said.

He extended a hand for Cecilia to take, which she declined. She got up on her own, thoughts of Eliza and Marcus racing through her head.

“Well, what are you waiting for? Take me to Eliza.” Cecilia said, crossing her arms.

“Follow me.” Altair said.

Once she found Eliza and Marcus, they’d get out together and forget about the whole place. They wouldn’t have to tell anyone what happened, ever. It would be their secret.

Cecilia made a note to herself to make an escape plan, to check for details on an exit.

They would get out. They would roam free. Why, Cecilia would die before she let Eliza and Marcus spend years of their life confined!

Especially Eliza.

hmmm. you know, the quote generator deserves some garlic bread
— SilverNight