z

Young Writers Society



Angels and Vampires: Part 1

by forgottenfallen


“Lexy! Come here my beautiful. Are you working hard? You know how much your mother had to beg to get you into such a good education. Honey, why don’t you go to the meadow? It’s a spectacle of a day. I shall see you tomorrow!"

My wonderful aunt, always hoping that her nephew would go places. And he did, somewhere where he wouldn’t be found by anyone that loved him every again. But of course, when I had got to the meadow, I wasn’t alone.

“Lexyyyy! Can you play with me? Look at all the ash on the ground! We can play forts and throw ash-balls at each other! It’s going to be amazing.”

My best friend, Chloe. She had been lively yet clever, always with an answer to everything. She was a constantly inspirational person to be around, always making me less pessimistic when I saw her wide smile. But the most memorable thing about her was her deep blue glittering eyes that were so clear you could see right through them.

It had been a night in 1993, a surprisingly quiet night. The moon was shrouded from sight in the sky by many other beautiful constellations and places humans hadn’t even discovered yet. To this date I was only 16 years of age; this was the night I was physically born. Of course, I had been alive for 16 human years before that, but I had never actually been physically alive, physically there. This was the night I was first there. I had lived in the stars for many, many of our centuries, because our time passed a lot faster. All my time was spent learning from my elders and forefathers, becoming greatly intelligent. I was respected. One night, for the first time in a few months, I ventured out on my own to watch the sky below. This was a privilege, only the highers and elders got opportunities like this. I ran as fast as I could to the edge of my home, falling onto my knees and bending over the side eagerly. A smile was imprinted across my thin lips. Every time a star imploded and turned to a burning supernova, ash fell onto my beautiful planet. It looked like what humans now called snow. At least this didn’t turn to accident making slush like on Earth; it just laced the plants for a few weeks afterwards. The sky sparkled, with such beauty and wonder that I was mystified. The mystic sky told words of wisdom and enlightened me so much it nearly hurt, but the exhilaration out-weighed that. Some stars were bigger than the others, some smaller, and one of the stars was so close you could see the intricate patterns of the burning blue centre. My body hung further and further over the edge, I wasn’t thinking. A brush of wind pushed me over, building power until it whipped against my back. It all went black then, and I woke up a long time later in a pile of ash. My wings were crushed under my back, my night black hair strewn across my face. I had got to my knees, shaking the light stardust off my body. I tried to pick it back off the ground, succeeding with a few grains, only to watch them dissolve into the mortal air, my tears staining them as they did. Turning hysterical, I had vowed that I would never do anything for myself again. I just couldn’t take that risk.

What a stupid angel.

Memories came to me often, little flashbacks that haunted my head, reminding me of how beautiful my life used to be. Oh, how I would love to be back there.

You ever wanted something so much, but it was so far out of your reach that you lost hope? Maybe it was beautiful, stunning, or maybe it was just mundane. I want a lot that I can't have, but it wouldn't take much for me to have it. It was just no-one wanted to help me.

My name? Lexus. It means ‘faith and law’ in my language back home. As soon as I was born I was destined to be alone or at least in some way. Never to be married, liked, or loved. Yet it didn’t scare me, because I had some people who stood by me. I respected people a lot, guess it was my responsibility. They respected me back though, even though I didn’t ask for it. That’s when you know you have some real great friends that are going to stay by you forever.

Torn. Just happens to be my last name. Pain, I have felt pain before, it’s written in my name and in the stars that I am one to feel it. It means nothing anymore; it’s just a fancy phrase for ‘broken heart’.’ I wasn’t broken hearted in that sense, like after a divorce or the fall through of a relationship that you thought would last forever. I was torn in the way that I had never felt love, never felt a beating heart close to mine. Well, at least not on this planet. This made me want for this. It became a longing at the night, when I sat with my weary head against the wet grass watching the stars pulsate with a wonderful light. Enough to drive a human insane, enough to drive an immortal to wonder, make them strive for something they knew they couldn’t have. I understood how lone humans longed for company; it was the environment they had grown up in. But how could you long for something when you didn’t have the faintest idea of how it would feel? Well, maybe I had felt love, I used to be loved by my family when I was back home, and loved by the stars that I watched every night with awe. I was among them, or at least I used to be. I had fallen and fallen, never to be picked back up again. The forgotten fallen.

Lexus Torn. My name. It was a name with a lot of meaning. My name, it was a waste on a man like me. What was the point in a useless person having a beautiful name like Lexus? I didn’t feel like a boy really, I was a lot more than that. Boy was a stupid human word. My hair was long, sleek, and black, hanging in loose curls around my shoulders. I washed it in the pools of water by the sides of roads in the dead of night, because I didn’t really have a permanent place to stay. This did not trouble me. Not like I was dead or anything, I found my way. You could find good food if you were nice to the right people, and sometimes even a place to stay. Scars laced my arms, not from self harm, but from the harm of the cruel outside world. The world wasn’t always cruel, it just chose to be. There were some amazing people out there, one of them that I remembered clearly. Only a few nights ago a middle aged woman, around the age of 30 had come and offered me help. She had sat next to me and asked me the most caring of questions, like she really cared.

“What’s your name? Do you go to school? You look so tired! Do you have any friends to sleep round with tonight? It’s late!”

“No, miss. All my friends are out tonight and I have no favours to call. It’s okay, I have spent many nights of my life out here.”

She frowned, then smiled like she had an idea. My eyes went to the ground as I realized.

“Why don’t you stay at my house tonight? My youngest son just moved out and I have a spare room. Sorry, I can’t leave a gentleman as young and modest as you out in the cold to fight for themselves. I’ll let you go in the morning. Please?” I sighed and took her hand, which was out held towards my face. She had taken me to her warm, homely house and sat me by her fire, giving me a hearty dinner and water for me to go to bed. I got given night-clothes to wear and she washed my dirty clothes over night. I had never felt so wanted.

Sleep didn’t come often to me; mostly because I thought too much. Sometimes so much I didn’t sleep at all. Once someone told me that someone was out there for me, no matter how powerful or weak, rich or poor. I didn’t believe that. I mean come on, someone for everyone? Not for people like me at least. Angels were born to serve others, they weren’t meant to be worth anything to the people they helped. They were just the servants that waited on their masters hand and foot without any strings attached. There were other creatures in the night, but not many like me. Hardly any, so little in number that I hadn’t actually come across another being like me. But at least I hoped.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
29 Reviews


Points: 3355
Reviews: 29

Donate
Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:05 pm
forgottenfallen says...



I would just like to thank everybody for the amount of help I got on EVERY part of Angels and Vampires so far!!!!! :) Its been so helpful, and its you guys that has made it the amazing story it is today x

Forgotten x




User avatar
28 Reviews


Points: 4123
Reviews: 28

Donate
Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:54 pm
maegardens says...



Hello, again, forgottenfallen
I like your changes, and how you explained the angels' name, Lexus. I think you did a very good job with the first one, but an even better job with the edited version. Thanks for the PM!
maegardens




User avatar
27 Reviews


Points: 3189
Reviews: 27

Donate
Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:38 pm



Hey again. I'm here to give you a new review, since you changed it around and asked for one. Okay, after reading through yet again, here are just a few things in a style I like:

You ever wanted something so much, but it was so far out of your reach that you lost hope? Maybe it was beautiful, stunning, or maybe it was just mundane. I want a lot that I can't have, but it wouldn't take much for me to have it.
I am so, so, SO pleased that you changed the beginning, and made it so much better! The only part I don't like is the last part of the last sentence. If it wouldn't take much for him to have it, why doesn't he have it? I think that's a little odd that he wouldn't get something he wants if it doesn't take much effort.

My name? Lexus. It means ‘faith and law’ in my language back home. #FF0000 ">(so totally love how you added the definition in a short, simple, easy to understand/remember way, that also hits home with the irony and significance! Well done!) As soon as I was born I was destined to be alone#FF0000 ">, or at least in some way#FF0000 ">s. Never to be married, liked, loved or a part of a friendship #FF0000 ">even have friends. Yet it didn’t scare me. People like me liked #FF0000 ">often preferred to be alone#FF0000 ">, no matter what we were feeling. Happy or sad, that's just how we were. Solitary beings. Be alone in their feelings and sorrow. Well, not always sorrow. Sometimes happiness, for other people at least.
I like this. Simple, easy to remember, and way more powerful than what was there before! Good job!

Torn. My last name. Pain, #FF0000 ">(either a semicolon or a period would be better here) I have felt pain before,#FF0000 ">. #FF0000 ">It’s written in my name and in the stars that I am one to feel it. #FF0000 ">('that I am one to feel it' doesn't sound right. Maybe try, 'It's written in my name and on the stars, pain was to always be lurking around every corner' I dunno, just a thought, but what you have right now does not make sense.) But #0040FF ">the stars were my sisters, #FF0000 ">as well as the messengers of the sky. #0040FF ">I was among them, or at least I used to be. I had fallen and fallen, never to be picked back up again. The forgotten fallen. It Pain means nothing anymore; it’s just a fancy phrase for ‘broken heart’. I wasn’t broken hearted in that #FF0000 ">a (that would only work if you put it sort of like 'It was the broken hearted feeling you get after a divorce...'sense, like after a divorce#FF0000 ">, or the fall through of a relationship that you thought would last forever.#FF0000 ">; I was torn in the way that I had never felt love, never felt a beating heart close to mine. This made me want. It became a longing at the night, when I sat with my weary head against the wet grass watching the stars pulsate with a wonderful light. #FF0000 ">It was enough to drive a human insane, enough to drive an immortal to wonder, #FF0000 ">and make them strive for something they knew they couldn’t have. But why did it have to be so harsh in my head?! #FF0000 ">(Pick one punctuation mark or the other. Both only works in dialogue and thoughts, but even then only sometimes. It's a tricky bridge to cross, but once you get the hang of it, it becomes a walk in the park ;)) I understood how lone humans longed for company; it was the environment they had grown up in. But how could you long for something when you didn’t have the faintest idea of how it would feel?The stars were my sisters, the moon my parent. I was among them, or at least I used to be. I had fallen and fallen, never to be picked back up again. The forgotten fallen.
Just a few changes made this so much better! A few more minor things and it'll be better still! :) You're getting better at this every time.

Lexus Torn. My name. It was a name with a lot of meaning. My name,#FF0000 ">; it was a waste on a man like me. What was the point in a useless person having a beautiful name like Lexus? I didn’t feel like a boy really, I was a lot more than that. Boy was a stupid human word. #FF0000 ">(Haha, I like that sentence! :D) My hair was long, sleek, and black, hanging in loose curls around my shoulders. I washed it in the pools of water by the sides of roads in the dead of night, the entirety of it in tangles as I didn’t have a brush to my name. This did not trouble me. #FF0000 ">I find this part not really necessary, nor does it really add anything to the paragraph. Scars laced my arms, not from self harm, but from the harm of the cruel outside world. I was happy to be alive; it was a privilege that some of the only grateful humans lost. There wasn’t #FF0000 ">weren't that many humans that deserved to live, they lived their lives totally oblivious to the world around them. It was painful for me to even watch. Highly painful. Unlike them, I would live my life in the way that would benefit others the most. #FF0000 ">I think a new paragraph might be good here, because this paragraph starts feeling a little chunky.

Sometimes I got taken in by some people, noticing my young age and taking pity. Other#FF0000 ">s looked at me, and I knew what they were thinking: #FF0000 ">he wasted his life on alcohol, drugs, #FF0000 ">and gambling. But I have done the complete opposite. I used to sit in gutters with young girls who were so drunk they didn’t know their own names, holding their hair out of their faces as they threw up, #FF0000 ">and listening to them as they cried. #0040FF ">Some people just wanted someone there, but didn’t want any words out of my mouth. I respected that too. Of course I hid myself #FF0000 ">my true self from all, my wings tucked under my trench coat so tightly that no-one else could tell. #FF0000 ">(you missed a space between the end of that sentence and the beginning of this one.) But I always made sure that they saw as much of me as was safe, my personality and #FF0000 ">some of my story. Some people just wanted someone there, but didn’t want any words out of my mouth. I respected that too.
It's still a little big, but hopefully breaking it apart where I suggested might work better. OH, and I guess I forgot to mention it, but the stuff in blue was just stuff I moved.

Memories came to me often, little flashbacks that haunted my head #FF0000 ">me, reminding me of how beautiful my life used to be. Oh, howI would love #FF0000 ">wanted so badly to be back there.
Adding this part is good, I like it! :)

“Lexy! Come here my beautiful. Are you working hard? You know how much your mother had to beg to get you into such a good education. Honey, why don’t you go to the meadow? It’s a spectacle of a #FF0000 ">lovely (or beautiful, or any such thing. Most people don't use spectacle when talking about a day. :)) day. I shall see you tomorrow!”

My wonderful aunt, always hoping that her nephew would go places. And he did, somewhere where he wouldn’t be found by anyone that loved him every again. But of course, when I had got #FF0000 ">gone to the meadow, I wasn’t alone.

“Lexyyyy! Can you play with me? Look at all the ash on the ground! We can play#FF0000 ">make forts and throw ash-balls at each other! It’s going to be amazing.”
Okay, just a few things. First, you tell us he wasn't alone, but you don't tell us who he was with. Also, how old is this girl (it sounds like a girl in my head at least :P) supposed to be? Was this the day he fell? If so, unless she's five or something, I'd either make it an earlier time, or an older-sounding person. Oh, and are you going to reveal who he's with later on? If not, maybe just give us the tiniest bit of more information on the speaker. Male or female? Friend or relative? Older or younger? It would be good if you tell us these things at least some time in the story, or else you leave that character to the imagination, when it seams he/she might play an important role later on. :)

Sleep didn’t come often to me; mostly because I made #FF0000 ">had such depressing thoughts that they kept me up. #FF0000 ">(You seem rather determined not to give up this incorrect use of made. Several people have said it doesn't make sense, myself included. Had would be a much better word! I still stand by what I said the first time I reviewed this piece: [you could] try something like "mostly because my thoughts were so depressing, I often stayed awake just to avoid them" or something like that. Whatever you choose, Get Rid Of 'made'!) And now I was weary #FF0000 ">because of it. Once someone told me that someone was out there for me, no matter how powerful or weak, rich or poor #FF0000 ">they were. I didn’t believe an ounce of it. That could not be the truth for such a worthless being as me. Angels were born to serve others, we weren’t meant to be worth anything to the people we helped. We were just their servants that waited on their#FF0000 ">them hand and foot#FF0000 ">, no without any strings attached. There were other creatures in the night, but not many like me. Hardly any, so little in number that I hadn’t actually come across another being like me. But at least I hoped. #FF0000 ">(for what? that he'd come across more beings in the night? might add a tiny bit of info on the end of that sentence) Hope. This emotion reminded me of a night a few years ago, a long time ago. The first night of my worthless existence.
On the whole, not too shabby. That made at the beginning is seriously starting to annoy me thought. But other than that, good job. Oh, and if writing this on Microsoft add an extra paragraph after this (nothing in it, just a spacer). If you're writing it on here, put a * or two to indicate you're jumping to the story start or whatever! :)

It was a night in 1993, a surprisingly quiet night #FF0000 ">one at that. The moon was shrouded from sight in the sky by many other beautiful constellations and places humans hadn’t even discovered yet. To this date I was only 16 years of age; this was the night I was physically born. #FF0000 ">(I don't like this very much. If he was 16, he's already BEEN physically born. Maybe, it was the night he first saw life from the humans' perspective or something. Also, spell out numbers! Sixteen not 16.) Of course, I had been alive for 16 human years before that, but I had never actually been physically alive, physically there. This was the night I was first there. #FF0000 ">(You do sort out the problem I previously had, but I still don't like 'physically born'. Perhaps you could move 'physically there' in place of 'physically born' and that might make more sense. I dunno, just an idea) I had lived in the stars for many, many of our centuries, because our time passed a lot faster #FF0000 ">there was much different than the time on Earth. All my time was spent #FF0000 ">(repetition of time, not good! Try) Before Earth, I spent my years learning from my elders and forefathers, becoming greatly intelligent. I was respected. #FF0000 ">NEW PARAGRAPH

One night, for the first time in a few months, I ventured out on my own to watch the sky below. This was a privilege, only the highers and elders got opportunities like this. I ran as fast as I could to the edge of my home, falling onto my knees and bending over the side eagerly. A smile was imprinted across my thin lips. #0040FF ">The sky sparkled, with such beauty and wonder that I was mystified. The black sky told #FF0000 ">me #0040FF ">words of wisdom and enlightened me so much it nearly hurt, but the exhilaration out-weighed that. Every time a star imploded and turned to a burning supernova, ash fell onto my beautiful planet. It looked like what humans now called snow. At least this didn’t turn to accident#FF0000 ">-making slush like on Earth; it just laced the plants for a few weeks afterwards. The sky sparkled, with such beauty and wonder that I was mystified. The black sky told words of wisdom and enlightened me so much it nearly hurt, but the exhilaration out-weighed that. Some stars were bigger than the others, some smaller, and one of the stars was so close you #FF0000 ">I (avoid 2nd person speech whenever possible!) could see the intricate patterns of the burning blue centre. My body hung further and further over the edge, #FF0000 ">(either a period or semicolon would be best) I wasn’t thinking. A brush of wind pushed me over, building power until it whipped against my back. #FF0000 ">(This particular sentence, I don't like. It might make more sense if written like) A heavy wing buffeted my back, building power until it whipped against me, sending me falling over the edge. I couldn't spread my wings. I was ptrified. It all went black then, and I woke up a long time later in a pile of ash. My wings were crushed under my back, my night black hair strewn across my face. I had got #FF0000 ">(either make it 'had gotten' or just 'got') to my knees, shaking the light stardust off my body. I tried to pick it back off the ground, succeeding with a few grains, only to watch them dissolve into the mortal air, my tears staining them as they did. Turning hysterical, I had vowed that I would never do anything for myself again. I just couldn’t take that risk.
Intriguing, but a little hard to understand in places. Move some stuff around and maybe break it up in a place or two to make it seem less huge.

What a stupid angel.
I absolutely love that ending for some reason! It's powerful but simple. Excellent note to end on, bravo!

Overall: Wow. I love this revised version! It was so much easier to picture and understand the character. The first time I read this, Lexus (Lexine, in the beginning) appeared (to me at least) as an angsty, unlovable character, who everyone felt sorry for simply because it seemed like he felt sorry for himself. There are still a few things I dislike.
:arrow: One, the fact that if I didn't already know he was a he, I would still picture him as a her. It's understandable, especially since you are a girl and you make the main character a boy. I personally can't really write to sound like a guy, but I certainly make a fool out of myself by trying :wink: I'd suggest you hunt around for some things with guys writing with guys as their main character. Don't limit yourself to YWS, check your library or bookshelf.
:arrow: Two, I can't really figure out which it is, but either there's too much showing or too much telling. I think you have too much telling. In showing, we don't get such a wind-blown, rushed version of the events. Instead, we, as your loyal readers, experience what your character experiences, while your character experiences them. I think that while we are able to picture the things at least somewhat clearly, we do not feel close to your MC. Relate to him? In some places. Know him? We know about him, but we don't really know him.
:arrow: Third, dialogue. There is very little dialogue, both of which are in memories. One of which we don't even know the speaker. I commonly start off stories with flashbacks, or dialogue, or jumping straight into the action. I find that if maybe, rather than info-dumping on us everything about his past, you drag us straight into the action, you might surpirse yourself. Maybe have him waking up in a pile of ash, his wings crushed, broken and painful, right from the start. Rather than tell us, show us. Show where he got the trech-coat, or one of his meetings with a person who took him in, or one of his encounters with the drunk girls, or even him vowing never to do anything for himself again. Something that better drags the reader in, and has some dialogue.

Don't get the wrong idea, I like your story now. I'm just thinking while typing, and it just came out like that. You can keep it the way it is now, but I'd highly suggest adding more than just two flashbacks of dialogue.

Still, I very much like your story. (I also think this may be my longest review yet! :P) Many things have improved, and I think I've said more positives than negatives, unlike last time :P As I told you before, I can always find something to pick at even when others can, haven't or have. This story has some serious promise, and I really believe you are improving greatly as a writer. Good job! Keep going and good luck on the next parts.

~Addict




User avatar
1125 Reviews


Points: 53415
Reviews: 1125

Donate
Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:13 pm
StellaThomas wrote a review...



Hey FF! Stella here, as promised!

I. NITPICKS

I want a lot that I can't have, but it wouldn't take much for me to have it.


Then it's not far out of reach, is it? So why is he trying to sympathise?

destined to be alone or at least in some way.


get rid of the "or" or rephrase altogether.

The stars were my sisters, the moon my parent. I was among them, or at least I used to be.


You give the stars a gender, but not the moon.

I didn’t feel like a boy really, I was a lot more than that.


Amidst all the self-hate and anguish, this is rather arrogant.

My hair was long, sleek, and black, hanging in loose curls around my shoulders.


I wasn't aware hair could be both sleek and curly.

I washed it in the pools of water by the sides of roads in the dead of night, the entirety of it in tangles as I didn’t have a brush to my name.


So it's sleek, curly and a bird's nest, all at the same time? Wow.

under my trench coat so tightly that no-one else could tell.


An angel in a trench coat. Honestly? Not finding it the littlest bit cliché?

This was a privilege, only the highers and elders got opportunities like this.


So why does he get to?

The black sky told words of wisdom


All the stars that he can see hardly let it stay black, do they?

II. OH BOOHOO! THE ANGST!

You know what I really don't like reading at the beginning of a story? Ahh, my life is so terrible, oh, the angst of it all! It's really not interesting. Especially coming from a teenage character. We get it, your life sucks. Join the club.

There are an awful lot of angst-ridden characters out there, and it's fine. But we don't want to hear about it so much, and especially at the beginning.

Give us some plot! Give us some conflict! Give us some idea of what's to come! There can be a little angst, and your character can still be angst-ridden, but the angst-dump? It's just boring.

III. ANGELS

So. He's an angel. Now. I am under the impression that angels are ageless hermaphroditic emotionless messengers of God. You have a sixteen year old angsty boy who doesn't seem to do any messaging at all. So, what's the dealio? Fine, you want to have your angels your way, go with it! But we need explanation. Why can't he just go back to heaven like the messengers do? What's wrong with him?

IV. OVERALL

You have an interesting voice, I'm just wondering about what he's saying.

Hope I helped, drop me a note if you need anything!

-Stella x




Random avatar

Points: 1926
Reviews: 16

Donate
Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:17 pm
Baboon wrote a review...



I like it :D ok there's been tons of reviews before me so i'm guessing if there were any grammar errors then they'd have been mentioned, so that's my excuse for avoiding that hahah.

Well i like how you get his loneliness across so well, and i love how you make him feel non-human from the way he thinks as well as talking about wings and stuff. So few people manage to do that (i probably couldn't) so well done :elephant:

The only criticisms that i would have are that the character does feel, as one of the reviewers pointed out, very feminine at the start. I also found the last paragraph hard to understand and had to read it a couple of times to get the jist of it, but that's probably just me :oops:

This isn't really a criticism and you probably do anyway but make sure you get some action in soon after this, to avoid getting the reader bogged down in thoughts.

Overall its very well written though: flows well, information is revealed well and the reader is drawn in.

Now put the next part up :D

Baboon




User avatar
6 Reviews


Points: 1608
Reviews: 6

Donate
Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:01 pm
Iamyoursacrifice wrote a review...



Hello, forgottenfallen, I saw some small errors in your work and decided to edit them so they fit better. You can choose not to use my editted text, you might even find fault with it. If you do then go a head a say so. Here we go then.

You ever wanted something so much, but it was so far out of your reach that you lost hope? Maybe it was beautiful, stunning, or maybe it was just mundane. I want a lot that I can't have, but it wouldn't take much for me to have it.

#FF0000 ">Lexus. My first name. Never a good place to start, out of order, not to fit in. #00BF80 ">(Okay, this needs changing desperately... perhaps you should start off with ‘My name? It’s Lexus, Lexus Torn. Just like my heart.) As soon as I was born I was destined to be alone or at least in some way. Never to be married, liked, loved or a part of a friendship. Yet it didn’t scare me. People like me liked to be alone. Be alone in their feelings and sorrow. Well, not always sorrow. Sometimes happiness, for other people at least.

#FF0000 ">Torn. My last name. A word of pain, grief and loss, a more sophisticated way of explaining the phrase ’broken heart’. #00BF80 ">(This won’t be needed if you use the sentence I told you but if you decide not to here is what I’d suggest, ‘Pain, I have felt pain before, it’s written in my name and in the stars that I am one to feel it. It means nothing anymore; it’s just a fancy phrase for ‘broken heart’.’) I wasn’t broken hearted in that sense, like after a divorce or the fall through of a relationship that you thought would last forever. I was torn in the way that I had never felt love, never felt a beating heart close to mine. This made me want. It became a longing at the night, when I sat with my weary head against the wet grass watching the stars pulsate with a wonderful light. Enough to drive a human insane, enough to drive an immortal to wonder, make them strive for something they knew they couldn’t have. But why did it have to be so harsh in my head#FF0000 ">?! #00BF80 ">(Is it grammatically correct to have both an exclamation mark and a question mark?) I understood how lone humans longed for company; it was the environment they had grown up in. But how could you long for something when you didn’t have the faintest idea of how it would feel? The stars were my sisters, the moon my parent. I was among them, or at least I used to be. I had fallen and fallen, never to be picked back up again. The forgotten fallen.

#FF0000 ">Lexus Torn. My name. It was a name that had a lot of meaning, but that was a complete waste on a person like me. #00BF80 ">(Here, try it this way, ‘Lexus Torn. It was a name with a lot of meaning. My name, it was a waste on a man like me.’) What was the point in a useless person having a beautiful name like Lexus? I didn’t feel like a boy really, I was a lot more than that. Boy was a stupid human word. My hair was long, sleek, and black, hanging in loose curls around my shoulders. I washed it in the pools of water by the sides of roads in the dead of night, the entirety of it in tangles as I didn’t have a brush to my name. This did not trouble me. Scars laced my arms, not from self harm, but from the harm of the cruel outside world. I was happy to be alive; it was a privilege that some of the only grateful humans lost. There wasn’t that many humans that deserved to live, they lived their lives totally oblivious to the world around them. It was painful for me to even watch. Highly painful. Unlike them, I would live my life in the way that would benefit others the most. Sometimes I got taken in by some people, noticing my young age and taking pity. Other looked at me, and I knew what they were thinking: wasted his life on alcohol, drugs, gambling. But I have done the complete opposite. I used to sit in gutters with young girls who were so drunk they didn’t know their own names, holding their hair out of their faces as they threw up, listening to them as they cried. Of course I hid myself, my wings tucked under my trench coat so tightly that no-one else could tell. But I always made sure that they saw as much of me as was safe, my personality and my story. Some people just wanted someone there, but didn’t want any words out of my mouth. I respected that too.

Memories came to me often, little flashbacks that haunted my head, reminding me of how beautiful my life used to be. Oh, how I would love to be back there.

“Lexy! Come here my beautiful. Are you working hard? You know how much your mother had to beg to get you into such a good education. Honey, why don’t you go to the meadow? It’s a spectacle of a day. I shall see you tomorrow!”

My wonderful aunt, always hoping that her nephew would go places. And he did, somewhere where he wouldn’t be found by anyone that loved him every again. But of course, when I had got to the meadow, I wasn’t alone.

“Lexyyyy! Can you play with me? Look at all the ash on the ground! We can play forts and throw ash-balls at each other! It’s going to be amazing.” #00BF80 ">(I had to put the memories in bold, sorry, it just looks so much better to me. It shoes the significance of these sentences.)

Sleep didn’t come often to me; mostly because I made such depressing thoughts that they kept me up. I was weary. Once someone told me that someone was out there for me, no matter how powerful or weak, rich or poor. I didn’t believe an ounce of it. That could not be the truth for such a worthless being as me. Angels were born to serve others, we weren’t meant to be worth anything to the people we helped. We were just their servants that waited on their hand and foot without any strings attached. There were other creatures in the night, but not many like me. Hardly any, so little in number that I hadn’t actually come across another being like me. But at least I hoped. Hope. This emotion reminded me of a night a few years ago, a long time ago. The first night of my worthless existence.

It was a night in 1993, a surprisingly quiet night. The moon was shrouded from sight in the sky by many other beautiful constellations and places humans hadn’t even discovered yet. To this date I was only 16 years of age; this was the night I was physically born. Of course, I had been alive for 16 human years before that, but I had never actually been physically alive, physically there. This was the night I was first there. I had lived in the stars for many, many of our centuries, because our time passed a lot faster. All my time was spent learning from my elders and forefathers, becoming greatly intelligent. I was respected. One night, for the first time in a few months, I ventured out on my own to watch the sky below. This was a privilege, only the highers and elders got opportunities like this. I ran as fast as I could to the edge of my home, falling onto my knees and bending over the side eagerly. A smile was imprinted across my thin lips. Every time a star imploded and turned to a burning supernova, ash fell onto my beautiful planet. It looked like what humans now called snow. At least this didn’t turn to accident making slush like on Earth; it just laced the plants for a few weeks afterwards. The sky sparkled, with such beauty and wonder that I was mystified. The black sky told words of wisdom and enlightened me so much it nearly hurt, but the exhilaration out-weighed that. Some stars were bigger than the others, some smaller, and one of the stars was so close you could see the intricate patterns of the burning blue centre. My body hung further and further over the edge, I wasn’t thinking. A brush of wind pushed me over, building power until it whipped against my back. It all went black then, and I woke up a long time later in a pile of ash. My wings were crushed under my back, my night black hair strewn across my face. I had got to my knees, shaking the light stardust off my body. I tried to pick it back off the ground, succeeding with a few grains, only to watch them dissolve into the mortal air, my tears staining them as they did. Turning hysterical, I had vowed that I would never do anything for myself again. I just couldn’t take that risk.


What a stupid angel.




User avatar
73 Reviews


Points: 6168
Reviews: 73

Donate
Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:32 pm
OxfordandOnyx wrote a review...



Forgotten, here is your review as requested! :)

You wanted a harsh reivew so first of all. The massive info dump at the beginning of the piece is a little tired, and to be honest with you, it bored me...

Lexus. My first name. Never a good place to start...

I think you could definitely come up with a better introduction than that, as it seemed a little weak to me and therefore, did not draw me into the story.

Never to be married, loved, be part of a friendship, or at least be liked.

Be, be, be... The repetition throws things of balance when I read it.
How about, "Never to be married, liked, loved or a part of a friendship".

Be alone in their feelings and sorrow. Well, not always sorrow. Sometimes happiness, for other people at least.
Torn. My last name. A word of sorrow, a more sophisticated way of explaining the phrase ’broken heart’.

Two things about this. You use sorrow three times here, so I suggest you find a different word.

Lexus Torn. My name. It was a meaningful yet meaningless name, which meant my name had a ton of meaning but really with no point.

The thing with the name... To be honest with you, I think you should take the whole thing out and start again. Be original, because having your character talking about what their name means in an angsty fashion is a little cheesy in my point of view. Also, the sentence doesn't really make sense anyway.

It was a night in 1993, a dark one.

This is a little cliche don't you think?

The moon wasn’t visible in the sky, the winter night holding mist in the air.

This sentence doesn't make sense, so I think you should rearrange or change it.

It all went black then, and I woke up a few days later in a pile of ash.

How would he know how many days it has been since he blacked out?

Overall
I like what you have here, and your character seems to be in an interesting situation. However, the character speaks as though he is not depressed and that he accepts his lifestyle but then again, I can feel the 'sorrow' he is feeling through his words. I can't work out if that is a good thing or not but I got a little bored half way through. You tells us a lot of information, so to improve this chapter and make it slightly more interesting I think you should include a little dialogue in order to break it up a little.
Also, I think you could add more action to the last paragraph, as your character is coming across as a little flat. I see a lot of potential just from reading this chapter, so I shall try my best to move on to the next within this week! :D

Keep writing!

#004080 ">-Onyx




User avatar
16 Reviews


Points: 1779
Reviews: 16

Donate
Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:04 pm
Smiley_123 wrote a review...



I can't help but keep thinking he's a girl... Maybe it's the name? :?
Still, lovely piece of writing you have here. I definitely will be continuing to read your story.
It's a shock that you're only twelve though! I wish I could have written this well at that age... :)
Haha, good job and keep up the good work! :D




User avatar
188 Reviews


Points: 13247
Reviews: 188

Donate
Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:12 pm
EmmaJane wrote a review...



Forgottenfallen! Here's my review as requested! :D Wonderful start here, but a few little things jumped out at me.

1) It appears basically everyone has reported that they feel the MC is a girl. I blame the "e" on the end of the name. To me, although this sounds stupid, "Lexine" rhymes with "Maxine" which is a girl's name. So even before I moved onto the following word, I already had an assumption that your MC was a girl. If you like the name and don't want to change it completely, you could get rid of this assumption by removing the "e" - "Lexin" already feels more like a guy's name for me now (and you can still have Lexy for later on! :P). But that's just my opinion on the matter.

2) As for nitpicks in the text:

Never a good place to start, out of order, not to fit in.

This does sound a little funny. O.o Hmm... I think it's the last part of the sentence. Maybe try changing it.
: Never a good place to start, out of order, not fitting in.
Oh, but then you have "fitting in" starting the next sentence. Perhaps replace with "blending in" for the other one, then.

Torn. A word of sorrow, a more sophisticated way of explaining the phrase ’broken heart’.

:D Just saying that I really like this.

It became a longing at the night,

Flow/sound any better?

when I sat with my weary head against the wet grass watching the beautiful stars pulsate with a wonderful light.

Stupid nitpick, but wouldn't he be lying, not sitting?
By the way, I absolutely loved the "stars pulsate with a wonderful light". Ah, lovely. I suppose the "pulsate" links to hearts and how the stars are the only things/hearts close to him. That's so ... touching. :smt023

But why did it have to be so harsh in my head?!

As Ranger Hawk said, scrap either the exclamation mark or the question mark.

But how could you long for something when you didn’t have the faintest idea of how it would feel?

Love this.

Boy was a stupid human word. My hair was long, sleek, and black,

The description comes out of nowhere. Maybe stick in a sentence to bridge the two.

I was happy to be alive; it was a privilege that some of the only grateful humans lost.

A little confusing. O.o I had to re-read a couple of time before I sort of got this. Maybe rearrange some of the words.

Sometimes I got taken in by some people, noticing my young age and taking pity.

And pitying me?

mostly because I made such depressing thoughts that they kept me up.

The "made" is a little strange. O.o
I've some options for you! :D
1) : mostly because my depressing thoughts kept me up.
2) : mostly because my depressing thoughts turned to matters which would keep me up.
3) : mostly because my thoughts quickly became depressing, keeping me awake.

Once someone told me that someone was out there for me, no matter how powerful or weak, rich or poor.

Who's rich, poor, weak, and powerful? Him or the person for him? O.o
As for the slight repetition of "someone", maybe replace one of 'em with a synonym.

It was a night in 1993,

:smt003 The year I was born! ...Sorry...

It sparkled, with such beauty and wonder that I was mystified.

What sparkled?
Oh, I don't think you need the comma...

my night black hair strewn

Night-black.

:O! Major gasp! What happened to your "stupid angel" ending? I thought that was really good!

Well, if you've scrapped it :P at least replace it with something else. To me, it doesn't feel like the chapter's closed now; whether or not it's because there used to be something else following or not, I'm not sure. But .. it's missing the impact "stupid angel" had. I miss the confirmation, the "ah! I knew my suspicions were correct!" that the readers had.

Anyways, this was brilliant. :smt003 The language you've used makes me think of Anne Rice's characters. That sort of deep, philosophical thinking they have.

I can't wait to get to the next chapters. :D Yay, I've have a whole four chapters of this! Love Lexy. :D

Happy writing!

~Emma




User avatar
482 Reviews


Points: 30278
Reviews: 482

Donate
Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:25 pm
Ranger Hawk wrote a review...



Hey there! I'm here to review your story as you requested. And I am brutal, so be prepared. :D

forgottenfallen wrote:Lexine. Never a good place to start, out of order, not to fit in. #0000FF ">This sentence feels a little disjointed. It's rather confusing, especially since you're starting the whole story with it. I think the concept of what you're trying to say is good; it's just the way you put it. Fitting in was something I wasn’t good at; people of my kind were never good at fitting in, ever. Torn. #0000FF ">I think you'd need a new paragraph here, at "Torn." A word of sorrow, a more sophisticated way of explaining the phrase ’broken heart’. I wasn’t broken hearted in that sense, like after a divorce or the fall through of a relationship that you thought would last forever. I was torn in the way that I had never felt love, never felt a beating heart close to mine. This made me grieve. It became a longing at the night, when I sat with my weary head against the wet grass watching the beautiful stars pulsate with a wonderful light. #0000FF ">This is beautiful, don't change a word! Enough to drive a human insane, enough to drive an immortal to wonder, make them strive to something they knew they couldn’t have. #0000FF ">"Strive to something" - I think "strive for something" sounds better here. But why did it have to be so harsh in my head?! #0000FF ">Generally, I don't think you use this type of emphatic punctuation. A single question mark should suffice. I understood how lone humans longed for company; they had grown up in company. #0000FF ">Two uses of the word "company" in the same sentence is repetitive. But how could you long for something when you didn’t have the faintest idea of how it would feel? The stars were my sisters, the moon my parenthood. #0000FF ">"Parenthood" is more of a word you'd use for something like a time period. "Parents" will work just fine. I was among them, or at least I used to be. I had fallen and fallen, never to be picked back up again. The forgotten fallen. Lexine Torn. #0000FF ">Another paragraph with Lexine Torn. Notice how you'd have the paragraph starting with Lexine, and the explanation for that, and then another paragraph starting with Torn, and then this new paragraph that combined the two. It'd make it much easier to read. It was a meaningful yet meaningless name, not even really correct for a boy. #0000FF ">I know this has been said before, but I did honestly think it was a girl talking, because of the name. I didn’t feel like a boy really, I was a lot more than that. Boy was a stupid human word. My hair was long, sleek, and black, it #0000FF ">"hanging" or some word like that makes sense. in loose curls around my shoulders. I washed it in the pools of water by the sides of roads in the dead of night, the entirety of it in tangles as I didn’t have a brush to my name. This did not trouble me. Scars laced my arms, not from self harm, #0000FF ">but from the harm of the cruel outside world. I was happy to be alive,#0000FF ">semicolon it was a privilege that some of the only grateful humans lost. Soldiers from war. Never was so much owed by so many to so few, I thought to myself. I would never take my own life,#0000FF ">semicolon what a selfish deed to perform. I would live my life in the way that would benefit others the most. Sometimes I got taken in by some people, noticing my young age and taking pity. Other looked at me, and I knew what they were thinking. Wasted his life on alcohol, drugs, gambling. #0000FF ">'Kay, since this sentence is a thought, I think you'd need to end the prior sentence, "I knew what they were thinking" with a colon, like so "...I knew what they were thinking: Wasted his life on alcohol..." etc. But I have done the complete opposite. #0000FF ">New paragraph. I used to sit in gutters with young girls intoxicated the whole way through #0000FF ">This sounds really awkward. "Sit in gutters with young girls who were intoxicated." or something would make it sound less like it's Lexine who's intoxicated (even though we know he's not)., holding their hair out of their faces as they threw up, listening to them as they cried. Some people just wanted someone there, but didn’t want any words out of their #0000FF ">you need to specify who "their" is, because it could sound like the people who are in need of comfort are the ones who don't want any words coming out of their mouths, instead of them not wanting and words from the person who's comforting them. I hope that makes sense. mouths. I respected that too. #0000FF ">New paragraph. Sleep didn’t come often to me; mostly because I made such depressing thoughts that they kept me up. I was weary. Once someone told me that someone was out there for me, no matter how powerful or weak, rich or poor. I didn’t believe an ounce of it. That could not be the truth for such a ruthless, worthless being as me. There were other creatures in the night, but not many like me. This reminded me of a night a few years ago, a long time ago. The first night of my worthless existence. #0000FF ">So far he's sounding kind of emoish. I'm not sure if that's the image you're wanting to go for, but, aside from the part where he said he didn't self-inflict pain, I'm picturing an emo kid.
It was a night in 1993, a dark one. The moon wasn’t visible in the sky, the winter night holding mist in the air. To this date I was only 16 years of age,#0000FF ">semicolon this was the night I was physically born. I had lived in the stars for many many centuries, learning from my elders and forefathers, becoming greatly intelligent. I was respected. One night, for the first time in a few months, I ventured out of #0000FF ">do you mean "on"? my own to watch the sky below. This was a privilege,#0000FF ">semicolon only the highers and elders got opportunities like this. I ran as fast as I could to the edge, #0000FF ">edge of what? falling onto my knees and bending over the side eagerly. A smile was imprinted across my thin lips. It sparkled, with such beauty and wonder that I was mystified. #0000FF ">Are you talking about the smile or the sky? My body hung further and further over the edge,#0000FF ">semicolon I wasn’t thinking. A brush of wind pushed me over, building power until it whipped against my back. It all went black then, and I woke up a few days later in a pool of ash. #0000FF ">"Pool" gives the impression of it being a liquid substance he's in; "pile" or "heap" would work better, even though it doesn't sound as nice. My wings were crushed under my back, my night black hair strewn across my glittering face. #0000FF ">I don't know if you need glittering here. He sounds a little bit too egotistical about his appearance, even though I don't think that's how you're wanting him to sound. I had got#0000FF ">ten to my knees, shaking the light stardust off my body. I tried to pick it back off the ground, succeeding with a few grains, only to watch them dissolve into the mortal air, my tears staining them as they did. Turning hysterical, I had vowed that I would never do anything for myself again. I just couldn’t take that risk.

What a stupid angel. #0000FF ">I like this ending; we finally get confirmation of what Lexine is.



There really weren't any spelling or grammatical errors, just a few nitpicks here and there. The main thing I noticed were some confusing sentences. Also, as I think someone else said, it does remind me a lot of the movie Stardust, where the star falls to earth and is in human form. But I look forward to reading more, and I'll try to get to the next part soon! :D




User avatar
182 Reviews


Points: 37408
Reviews: 182

Donate
Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:18 pm
AspiringAuthorA..M. wrote a review...



Wow, that story hits a bit close to home. I can sort of relate to Lexine. He likes helping people but no one cares about him. Sounds like me and the town that I live in. I will point one thing out though, Why exactly did he fall? Is he an angel in a biblical sense? Which would make him a rebelling angel. Or is a completely original concept that you thought up? If it's the latter I applaud you, just be sure and clarify it though.
I can see that Lexine is supposed to be a truly depressed angel, perhaps you should make that show a bit more. And about his wings, does he hide them when he talks to drunk girls by gutters? Are they completely invisible to mortals? Or does he present himself the way he is? Is the story set in an alternate universe? Do you plan on incorporating real events of the time?
I really can't be of much help in the year, but I'm sure you can find many interesting events of the time. From your start I can see that your story might be one of redemption, or simply of a lonely angel looking for companionship. You're a good writer by the way, I can't believe you're only twelve. Happy writing! :D

-Adrian




User avatar
13 Reviews


Points: 2695
Reviews: 13

Donate
Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:02 pm
Vampiress says...



Forgotten,
Nothing wrong with the end,keep it. Please do. It's just and odd way to end of a story\chapter, in my opinion. It's just my opinion, if you like, keep it. Also, I know it said he's a guy but reading the name made me picture a girl. Maybe change his name?? I don't know, what ever you are comfortable with. XD
- mackenzie




User avatar
29 Reviews


Points: 3355
Reviews: 29

Donate
Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:48 pm
forgottenfallen says...



I don't get why people keep on thinking hes a girl
He says right at the start 'Lexine Torn. It was a meaningful yet meaningless name, not even really correct for a boy. I didn’t feel like a boy really, I was a lot more than that. Boy was a stupid human word.' And I kinda thought 'what a stupid angel' meant it would end on a bombshell....

Help?!




User avatar
13 Reviews


Points: 2695
Reviews: 13

Donate
Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:27 pm
Vampiress wrote a review...



Lexine. Never a good place to start, out of order, not to fit in.

This sentence makes me wonder, Is it a person or place? You don't want your reader to wonder on the first sentence! :)

What a stupid angel

Mmm, it's a bit boring for the ending. Maybe use something that the reader will want to read part 2

Also, I keep thinking the character is a girl. :?




User avatar
28 Reviews


Points: 4123
Reviews: 28

Donate
Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:40 pm
maegardens wrote a review...



Hi forgottenfallen,
This seems to be kind of like the book by Neil Gaiman, Stardust. I don't know, the story just reminds me of that book. I didn't seem to find any obvious mistakes and the previous reviewers have made the point to make the story into paragraphs and have seen to the confusing words. I did, at first, think that the main character was a girl. But when you explained that it was a boy, I understood. But, great job! I can't wait until Part 2 comes out! Angels and Vampires, seems like an interesting clash.




User avatar
141 Reviews


Points: 4601
Reviews: 141

Donate
Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:42 pm
Firestalker wrote a review...



Hi forgottenfallen, welcome to the best writing site in the world, YWS!!

Sorry for being a somewhat like a 'teachers pet' but i have to point out that YWS has a 3:1 review ratio here, which means one has to post 3 reviews for every piece of your own work that you post on YWS. In your case you've already submitted one of your own storied but not reviewed even once. I suggest you take a look at these two extremely helpful links before posting again.

topic14334.html
topic710.html

Addict said -:
Well, there is one problem absolutely anyone on here will point out: you need paragraphs! Don't cram it all into one paragraph, space things out a little. There are some obvious breaking-up points throughout, so I'd suggest you hunt for them and don't question your instincts, just press the enter button!


Thanks Addict for pointing out this crucial point. Whilst some members will indeed welcome the pain of reviewing your post, most will not even glance at it twice as you have not separated it into paragraphs. So I encourage you again to visit the above links where all the guidelines and rules of this forum are typed clearly for your understanding :P.

Now, back to the review. And yes I will be brutal ;).

This sorrowed me.


Certainly not a good word to use as Addiction has pointed out above, try something like troubled or distressed or at least grieved.

My hair was long, sleek, and black, it in loose curls around my shoulders.


Hmm, is the it needed in this case?, it only confuses the reader.

Scars laced my arms, not from self harm, from the harm of the cruel outside world.


Hmmm, you know, you could emphasize your point by adding a conjunction like yet or but by editing the sentence and adding the conjunction before the line - from the harm of the cruel outside world. Just a suggestion.

Wasted his life on alcohol, drugs, gambling.


His?? Okay, you seriously need to redo the beginning and some crucial sentences before, as i seriously though he was a female.

mostly because I made such depressing thoughts that they kept me up.


Made doesn't seem appropriate in this instance.

It sparkled, with such beauty and wonder that I was mystified.


The MC is mystifies at his own smile or something else? o.O

What a stupid angel.


Nice ending, very nice. Not perfect but great anyway.

Overall.

Well apart from the simple mistakes and the confusing speech at some points the story including the idea was very good. Excellent Forgotten! Nicely done, very nice indeed.
PM me if you have further question or want a review, we including most other YWS members are willing to help you at any time in any way (... well almost any way :P ).

Keep it up and good luck!




User avatar
27 Reviews


Points: 3189
Reviews: 27

Donate
Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:52 pm
AddictionToFiction wrote a review...



Hey forgottenfallen, welcome to YWS! So, shall we get down to business?

Well, there is one problem absolutely anyone on here will point out: you need paragraphs! Don't cram it all into one paragraph, space things out a little. There are some obvious breaking-up points throughout, so I'd suggest you hunt for them and don't question your instincts, just press the enter button! :)

Now on to the nit-picky things:

Lexine. Never a good place to start, out of order, not to fit in.
What's Lexine? Is it like heaven? Or is it something else entirely? Make sure to explain that :)

This sorrowed me.
I don't think sorrowed is the right word here, unless you're going for Shakespear or something. Even still, I'd suggest to fix this sentence.

But why did I long?
Same problem here, way to old-fashioned-propper speach. I mean, I get that your MC is supposed to be back from who-knows-when, but still, it's important to make it so the reader connects with the character. No one I've ever met talks like that, and I'd bet you haven't met anyone who talks like that (unless, maybe, an English/History teacher :lol: )

My hair was long, sleek, and black, it in loose curls around my shoulders. I washed it in the pools of water by the sides of roads in the dead of night, the entirety of it in tangles as I didn’t have a brush to my name.
Okay, right here, this is something a girl would say, not a guy. I get the feeling your MC is a guy, so you may want to change that. But if it's a girl, then you're fine :)

Never was so much owned by so many to so few
the right word for that phrase is owed, not owned.

mostly because I made such depressing thoughts that they kept me up.
Again, I think "I" was supposed to be "my thoughts" or something. Try something like "mostly because my thoughts were so depressing, I often stayed awake just to avoid them" or something like that.

So other than the overly-formal speech, it was really good. Keep writing and remember to make it so that it's not all just one big paragraph. PM me if you need anything, or when you post your next chapter. I'll keep an eye on your stuff. Good luck!

~Addict





Today is your day. You’re off to Great Places, you’re off and away!
— Dr. Seuss