Sleepless Night

by fireheartedkaratepup

......I was depressed in highschool, ok? And 'm posting the stuff I've written so I can (hopefully) improve on it.

--------

I'm in this place again
Can't escape
What is this dream again?
Why can't I wake?
It's not a nightmare
But I'm so scared
Something dark is lurkng there

Here I am again
I'm lost, but I pretend
That I'm alright,
I hide my fright
And make my way
through another sleepless night....

-------

The end...... Or is it? O.o I think I feel a song here......

ehte92 wrote a review...

Hello there, PuffyWuffy!!
I had this poem in my reading list for a long time so I finally decided to give it a look. Yet another good poem by ya! *applauds* But, it had some flaws, like all poems in this universe. And I did point it out but I found that you had received enough reviews but then also I did one. xD

I'm in this place again
Can't escape
What is this dream again?
Why can't I wake?
It's not a nightmare
But I'm so scared
Something dark is lurkng there

A simple, yet good, start to the poem. But the second totally ruins the flow which was building and makes the reader want to pause forcefully. It feels as words spoken by a person who is taking his last breaths. xD Make it a complete sentence. Like: “that I can’t escape”. The third line doesn’t tend to explain anything. Are you asking someone about the dream? It feels so! In the last line there’s a spelling mistake which has already been pointed out by the other reviewers but then also I’ll point it out. It’ll be “lurking” instead of “lurkng”.

Here I am again
I'm lost, but I pretend
That I'm alright,
I hide my fright
And make my way
through another sleepless night....

Hey!! In the previous stanza you said that you were in a dream and you say that you make your way through another sleepless night. *confuzzled* If you are having sleepless nights, then how can you have dreams which are not nightmares but are uncomfortable for you? You need to sleep to have dreams. And one more thing, try not using ellipsis in your poems. It’s disturbs the flow and the concentration and it was not at all needed there.

I hope my review helps. If you have any queries just let me know.
Keep writing. (:

KatTrain wrote a review...

I'm in this place again and
Can't escape add a period here
What is this dream again? You shouldn't use 'again' and 'again' twice so closely. It really messes up the 'flow' of the poem a lot.
Why can't I wake?
It's not a nightmareadd a comma here
But I'm so scared
Something dark is lurking there don't you mean, here? Because you're already in 'this place' you're already 'there'.

Here I am again add a comma here
I'm lost, but I pretend lovely rhyme, kudos
That I'm alright,
I hide my fright
And make my way
through another sleepless night.... You're already dreaming though.. you've already stated that

Good job, good luck, and keep writing!
-KatTrain

EtCetera says...

Pretty well written. I really like the imagery and the super-dark feel of the poem. Since it's so short, maybe consider expounding on the dark something that is lurking in your dreams... Just a thought.

Soulkana wrote a review...

* Report this post

Sleepless Night

New postby animekaratepup on Mon May 02, 2011 2:02 pm

--------

I'm in this place again
Can't escape
What is this dream again?
Why can't I wake?
It's not a nightmare
But I'm so scared
Something dark is #FF0000 ">lurkng [color=#FF0080]Lurking[/color] there

Here I am again
I'm lost, but I pretend
That I'm alright,
I hide my fright
And make my way
through another sleepless night.... #BF8000 ">I would say that you don't need so many periods but oh well

This is good Anime you seem to have a dark poem or mood here I guess XD. Good job and Happy Writing. Keep up the good work and may you receive many helpful reviews. It really is good. Haha.
Soulkana<3

AdoxagraphyAngelus wrote a review...

I'm in this place again
(#FF0000 ">An 'I' needs to be here.Can't escape
What is this dream again? #FF0000 ">What is this dream again? That doesn't really make much sense.
Why can't I wake?
It's not a nightmare
But I'm so scared
Something dark is #FF0000 ">lurkng there

Here I am again #FF0000 ">Comma
I'm lost, but I pretend
That I'm alright,
I hide my fright
And make my way
through another sleepless night...

That was really well written. :)

I hate television. I hate it as much as peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts.
— Orson Welles