z

Young Writers Society



Window Full Of Color

by egunn1007


I glance out the window full of color
I transfer my gaze to the black and white photographs of a once-happy-family
I wonder if they will ever be peaceful again
I find my eye has given birth to a cold salty tear
I feel it slip down the side of my face
I taste the empty-hearted tear, letting it sting my mouth with memories
I pretend to be brave, to laugh it all off
I glance out the window full of color

I glance out the window full of color
I see around my eyes turn red
I feel the tears rolling down my wet cheeks like a waterfall
I sense the Band Aid on my hear tear off again
I unleash all the stored sadness and anger
I dream of the time we were happy
I hope my brothers never feel this pain
I protect myself
I build walls so no one will see me again
I promise to myself i will never let me hurt me again
I glance out the window full of color


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
54 Reviews


Points: 2531
Reviews: 54

Donate
Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:45 am
housecat wrote a review...



I really like this poem and you most defiantly have a knack for writing. You gave us a good amount of imagery and I could sense some of the emotions. I also love the topic. I do think the flow could be a little better and maybe some of the punctuation.

egunn1007 wrote:I glance out the window full of color.
I transfer my gaze to the black and white photographs of a once-happy-family.
I wonder if they will ever be peaceful again.
I find my eye has given birth to a cold, salty tear.
I feel it slip down the side of my face.
I taste that empty-hearted tear, letting it sting my mouth with memories.
I pretend to be brave, to laugh it all off.
I glance out the window full of color.

I glance out the window full of color.
I watch as my eyes turn red.
I feel the tears rolling down my wet cheeks like a waterfall.
I sense the Band Aid on my heart tear off again.
I unleash all the stored sadness and anger,
I dream of a time where we were happy.
I hope that my brothers never feel this pain.
I protect myself,
I build walls so no one will see me again.
I promise to myself I will never let me hurt me again. Do you really mean "me" or do you mean "them"? If you meant me, then you should say ' I will never hurt myself again.'
I glance out the window full of color.


I thought this might sound a little better, but it's you're poem. You do whatever you want with it. Overall, it's fabulous (: keep writing.




User avatar
42 Reviews


Points: 1040
Reviews: 42

Donate
Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:48 am
Kaywiia wrote a review...



Hey Egunn!

I like this poem a lot. I like the emotion put behind it and the general feeling.

One thing I would change though, is the repetition of the first line. Maybe you could only use it as the first or last? Or change it up somehow. Otherwise it gets a little annoying to read.

There's something about the message behind this that I like, though, and I really enjoy your style of writing.

That being said,

Keep Writing!

Kay





Who wants to become a writer? And why? Because it’s the answer to everything. It’s the streaming reason for living. To note, to pin down, to build up, to create, to be astonished at nothing, to cherish the oddities, to let nothing go down the drain, to make something, to make a great flower out of life, even if it’s a cactus.
— Enid Bagnold