z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

The Loudest Silence

by dm74


This poem is taken from my short story, Unspoken Melodies. Here is the link if you would like to read it! 

Unspoken Melodies

I'm staring into a glowing stream

of light and words, as silence gleams.

Hoping for a message, wishing for a sign, 

my heart hangs on in this digital divide.

I start to think

maybe this is it,

maybe you have given up on us,

letting our bond split.

Anxiety sets in,

rationality takes its toll.

I feel the crazy coming on, but I'm no longer

in control.

I still haven't heard from you.

I'm beginning to get mad. 

Have you forgotten about me?

I just don't understand.

I'm giving up!

I'm done with this!

That's what's going through my mind.

My heart sinks deep.

I'm letting go.

But my feelings fail to be resigned.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
13 Reviews


Points: 780
Reviews: 13

Donate
Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:53 am
View Likes
Lucian wrote a review...



This is so sad because I know just how it feels, amazing job with the relatability. I love how it seems vague but also you threw in some phrases like "digital divide". That is some real poetry right there, poetry comes from the heart and soul, yelling out what your mouth can't seem to say. you did an amazing job on this, it feels so relatable. I feel like you did that on purpose so that other people could see something from their own life in it.

Recommendations or errors.
I didn't see any errors, in spelling or grammar. I can't have any recommendations for a piece like this.

Overall, great piece of poetry, keep up the writing!
Good luck and may writer's block flee from your presence




User avatar
71 Reviews


Points: 6321
Reviews: 71

Donate
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:13 pm
View Likes
Youbeaucupid wrote a review...



Good afternoon lovely soul! Hahh, this poem is too relatable- T0T

It's like my anthem for those agonizing moments waiting for a text back. You know, when you're just staring at your phone screen, hoping for some sign of life, and all you get is that mocking silence. You nail that feeling of frustration and anxiety perfectly! I mean, we've all been there, right?? That moment when you start questioning everything, wondering if they've ghosted you for good. And then the panic sets in, and you're like, "Am I losing it?" But you can't help it because you're still hanging onto that tiny glimmer of hope. The ending hits hard, though. That mix of resignation and lingering feelings—it's too real. Overall, your poem is like a punch to the gut in the best way possible.

Well done dear writer, well done - 💘





You can't blame the writer for what the characters say.
— Truman Capote