This is Not and Apology (but it is a poem...thats the title)

by bubblewrapped

This is Not an Apology

And I’m not sorry am I, because I never
Apologize when I don’t mean it
You can shout until your lungs turn blue and your face
Flips inside out because I’m just a heartless monster
And I don’t care (after all
Why should I give a damn that I have
Disrupted your world view
When you think that everyone is out to get you –
Paranoid much?)
Why should it matter to you anyway, the way I am
And what I think is my business not yours
Don’t go putting words in my mouth and making me
Throw up spew luminous obscenities
Like live grenades lobbed
Into a burning building
Are we at war now? If so I surrender
I could never win with you jerking me around like this
Walking away because I scream at you (only you
Are allowed to raise your voice)
Depriving me of my only weapon in this rigged insanity
And I’m not sorry, am I, because you never
Apologize even when you mean it
So why should I?

Blergh. Had a fight with my mum and frustration turned into poetry. Its kind of weird but I enjoyed venting, LOL. Couldnt think of a title though.

Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:40 am
Prosithion wrote a review...

I thought that the poem was good, but there didn't seem to be a rhyme scheme at all. It also is kind of a topic that's been done to death. Good title, it fits in with the meaning of the poem. Change a few things in the rhyme, and try to make it more original, and I think you could go far with this. ^_~

Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:29 am
bubblewrapped says...

OK...this is seriously going to torment me now. This poem is terrible! **hides in despair**

Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:35 pm
Wiggy wrote a review...

Great job bubbles! I saw this as voted best poem and I went to check it out. You did a really great job on this and I can't think of anything to crit, even if it was a bit angsty. :D

Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:21 am
Misty wrote a review...

well, I disagree with the others. I really liked this and I don't think you should change it. I got a perfect view of what you were saying. It was awesome and I liked it ALOT! But I saw it more as a boyfriend-girlfriend thing instead of a MOM thing. So I DO wish you hadn't explained that. I thought the picture was better as a bf-gf fight than anything else. Good job!

Chevy wrote a review...

I think what got me the most was the starting of each line. Each line seemed to go into another topic. However, I know how you feel about writing something after something has occured. I do this as well.

Why should it matter to you--the way I am.
What I think is my business and not yours.

Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:03 am
Elelel wrote a review...

I'm with Crysi, it's not your best, but with a little work it could be better than it is. Your anger probably separated yourself from the poem, the poem's sort of about what you were screaming at your mother (Not saying you have no right to scream at your mother, I do it from time to time) not what you felt about it. Does that make sense? Hope so.

Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:04 am
Soyala Amaya wrote a review...

Mmm...hmmm...not your best, but...with a few word changes, could be cured of the numbness. I think thats what happened, you were so angry at your mother that your words were numb to yourself. Soemtimes one should write something when angry, then set it aside, and rewrite it with more emotion...as paradoxal as it sounds, try it. Now that the fight is over. reread this piece and put your emotion into it, instead of just letting your emotion talk it.

Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:42 pm
Sam says...

Ya, I guess you have to really strive to make it original, since a ton of people write this kind of poem. You could do that by like adding examples of your anger, why you're a monster, like Incandescance said.

Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:34 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

I agree with Brad. I would have said it myself if I'd known how. This really didn't stand out for me-like Brad said, it could have been written by anybody. Show us that it was written by you.

Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:48 pm
Incandescence wrote a review...

This is not an apology for my below comment.

I really was not pleased with this. What could have been a beautiful and moving poem was mutated into a teenage rant about her parents (Mother, to be specific). The word "monster" was not a very good adjective for the situation, I don't believe. Saying you're a monster isn't original, either. You could explain why you are a monster, without actually saying it, or you could just a give a much better description of what it is you are to your mother. "Heartless" goes with "monster," so saying "heartless monster" is rather redundant. You might want to consider rephrasing. The word "Damn" detracted from the poem, so you might want to look at that too. It looked like you were trying to be angry instead of just being angry. Also, "live grenades," are there dead grenades? I think you mean something different, here. I got the picture of what you meant, a grenade about to explode, but "live" did not sound right to me.

You "scream" at your mother, that doesn't give me a very good image. I just see a bunch of people screaming. Surely your scream is different from their scream, and that's what I'm looking for--you. On the whole, I think anybody could have written this poem, which means you didn't put enough into it. Whether or not you still want to is your decision, but for me, this lacked you. Of all things to not include in a poem, never forget yourself.

convintojm says...

i think it's interesting but i'm not sure what i'd think of it without your introduction so i dont' think i can simply judge the poem.

The most difficult thing in the world is to know how to do a thing and to watch somebody else doing it wrong, without comment.
— T. H. White