Blood Stained Sand - ch 5

by anime-girl13

Ch 5 – A New Life

Soul Society

I paced in the alley way, waiting for Ookami to come back. I nervously twisted the ring on my finger around and around. It was no ordinary ring, though. It was a ring I had built. I had built it specifically for Ookami and me so we could walk around Soul Society without showing that we were hollows. It dampened our reiatsu, so we no longer felt like hollow. We felt like other souls, powerful souls. We hoped that a shinigami would feel our souls and sought us out, but we had had no luck so far. But I was wondering why it was taking Ookami so long to return with the food he was going to go buy.

Had he been discovered by a shinigami? No, that couldn’t be it. If it was, he would have told me now via speaking into my mind. That is another creepy thing we can do thanks to Aizen. The list of different abilities that we can do now seems to grow longer each day. Stupid side affects. I heard footsteps running towards the alley way, and turned towards the entrance. I expected the person to be Ookami, but, when I turned around, I found myself looking at a shinigami vice captain. He had red hair pulled back in a ponytail and had tattoos on his brow, but they were mostly hidden by the white cloth he wore around his forehead.

He looked at me for a while until I said, sarcastically, “Yes? Can I help you?” That seem to snap him out of it and he replied with, “By order of head captain Yamamoto-sama, you are to come with me into the Seireiteiand come meet him. After you meet him, you are to immediately begin shinigami training at the school.” “And what if I don’t want to come with you?” “You have no choice. Vice Captain Matsumoto Rangiku of the 10th squad has already gone and collected your brother… he is your brother right? The blonde kid?” That little piece of information pissed me off, but I decided it was best not to let this Vice Captain know this so I just said, “Yes.”

“Alright, then everything is set. I am Vice Captain Abarai Renji of the 6th squad, and you are?”

“Hoshi Izanami.”

“And your brother’s name?”

“Hoshi Ookami.”

“All right, follow me.”

After saying this, he began to run back in the direction he came from. He was probably hoping I couldn’t keep up. I had a feeling that he didn’t like this work of collecting unimportant souls and bringing them into the Seireitei, so, therefore, he didn’t really like me. I smiled. Boy, there were a lot of things he had yet to know about me, like being able to run fast. I caught up with him easily. He looked shocked to look over and see me running next to him at the exact pace as him. I waved and smiled at him, but he just frowned and looked back forward.

That’s when I heard Ookami’s voice in my head, ‘Hey Izanami, you’ll never guess where I am!’

‘Let me guess. You’re inside the Seireitei being led by the Vice Captain of the 10th squad named Matsumoto Rangiku.’

‘…Wow… how did you know?’

‘I don’t know… it just MAY be because I am being led by the Vice Captain of squad 6th whose name is Abarai Renji. I’m not sure, but that may be it…’

‘Oh, well… SURPRISE!!!’

‘WHY YOU LITTLE-!’

But then I had to disconnect our little conversation because we had arrived at the gate. Vice Captain Abarai approached the large gatekeeper, Ikkanzaka Jidanbo, and yelled up at him to open the gate. He immediately complied with his wish. Groaning, the giant shinigami lifted up the giant gate and me and Vice Captain Abarai stepped through. Once we were inside the Seireitei, he dropped the gate and it landed with a loud bang. Then everything was quiet. I couldn’t believe I was inside the Seireitei! I felt like a small child set loose in a candy store.

“Come on, lets go.” He still sounded pissed, but he seemed to be calmer now that he was back in the Seireitei. So, once again, we set off, heading towards the 1st squad’s quarters.

Hueco Mundo

Aizen was mad, no, he was more then mad, he was furious. ‘How dare those two Vasto Lordes leave my army! They’ll pay… but how?’ He continued to sit of his throne, his mouth set in a grim line, while hundreds of ideas flew through his head, only to be discarded as useless. Until one showed up that made him smile. He got up from his throne, chuckling to himself, and left, walking down the stairs. “Syazel, looks like I’m going to need your help again.” He said, to no one in particular, then threw back his head and began to laugh; it was a laugh that would put Grimmjow to shame.

Soul Society

I found myself in a room overlooking the Seireitei with an old man with a long, white beard held in shape by a purple ribbon of some sort. He had small squinty eyes and many scars criss-crossing on his bald head. The Vice Captain that had brought Ookami had long, orange hair, blue eyes, and a beauty mark. A scarf was hung loosely on her shoulders and around her neck, and she wore a necklace around her neck, accenting her large cleavage. This was, by no doubt, why my brother was blushing as he stood in the middle of the room, with her standing next to him.

The Head Captain told the two Vice Captains to leave, and they did, Abarai almost running out the door in relief. As soon as the door closed behind the two, and there was no one else in the room but us and the Head Captain, he stood up and walked around his desk to face us. He planted his cane firmly on the ground and intertwined his finger on top of it. He stared at each of us in turn, his eyes open into little slits, before beginning. He cleared his throat, then said, straight forward, “You two are Vasto Lordes, aren’t you?”

In the past I would definitely say who you would find inside. Not so much today. Place is bonkers …. As is everywhere
— Greg Specter