z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

"Let it Load"

by alliyah


*A spin-off of "Let it Go" from "Frozen"

"Let it Load"

Today I opened up the internet browser
Looked at the bright screen
I can't believe that I am
The internet's queen

I start to type the questions as they swirl across my mind
Couldn't keep it in, Heaven knows I tried

I'll try Google, then maybe Bing
Ignore the computer's update "ping"
Next is ask.com, then Yahoo
MSN too!

Let it load, let it load
Need the answers I have asked for
Let it load, let it load
Minimize and type some more

Don't know why
these questions come to mind;
But why are zebras striped?
And what exactly are venetian blinds?

I'm looking for some answers
My curiosity's only cure
Internet's filled with scams and jokes
All those questions... I'm unsure

Let it load, let it load
Need the answers I have asked for
Let it load, let it load
This is a disaster!

Here I search
and here I'll stay
Let the browser load on

The wait never bothered me anyway

*This was a spin-off from Idina Menzel's song "Let it Go" from Disney's "Frozen", the two lines taken directly from the songs are in italics. I know Messenger already did one of these, but I did mine at pinkiegirl13 's request. Thank you for reading!


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
988 Reviews


Points: 58
Reviews: 988

Donate
Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:20 pm
vampricone6783 wrote a review...



I know this is old but I’m going to review anyway.First of all, this will always be true.No matter the era, we’ll always search up anything that comes to mind. Second of all, there has to be a Frozen movie with this cover of the song. It would be HILARIOUS. One time, I googled the difference between clowns,jesters, and mimes just cause.I never actually ask anything.I just..click the search button. I hope that you will have a wonderful day/night.




User avatar
21 Reviews


Points: 2144
Reviews: 21

Donate
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:22 pm
View Likes
albedo says...



Goodness, this is amazing!




User avatar
453 Reviews


Points: 825
Reviews: 453

Donate
Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:51 pm
View Likes
Lib says...



Oh my god, lol, I love this! XD You should do more Disney parodies!




User avatar
113 Reviews


Points: 181
Reviews: 113

Donate
Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:05 pm
View Likes
Bellarke wrote a review...



Liz here,

I loved how you put "*This was a spin-off from Idina Menzel's song "Let it Go" from Disney's "Frozen", the two lines taken directly from the songs are in italics. I know Messenger already did one of these, but I did mine at pinkiegirl13 's request. Thank you for reading!" That is the right thing to do, and post people forget to do that, and I am proud of the fact that others do that, because I get aggravated when people don't. Great job. You did really good.

~Liz




alliyah says...


Always important to give credit where credit is due! :)



Bellarke says...


That is good. Congratulations!! It is so true, too!! :D



User avatar
54 Reviews


Points: 524
Reviews: 54

Donate

User avatar
48 Reviews


Points: 174
Reviews: 48

Donate
Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:19 pm
CocoaCat wrote a review...



Hey, Alliyah, it's your favorite Thunderclan medicine cat dropping in with a message from Starclan (jk :))
First we're going to tackle any grammar or punctuation mistakes I happen to noti-wait, this is from 2014?! Wow, I assumed this was more recent. I didn't even think it had been this long since Frozen came out.
Anyway, I don't see any grammar or punctuation mistakes. So instead let's talk about how fricking relatable this is.
"I'll try Google" the only decent search engine. "then maybe Bing" EEWWW *https://i.ytimg.com/vi/isTkV4bwY2I/maxresdefault.jpg*
"But why are zebras striped?" Well I just looked it up (ON GOOGLE) and apparently they have NOTHING to do with camouflage. "And what exactly are venetian blinds?" Oh, they're actually just normal blinds. You learn something new everyday. I assumed they would be special blinds that are only for the richest of the people XD.
"The wait never bothered me anyway" I have very little patience so this doesn't apply to me.
Anyway, this is probably the best parody of Let It Go I've ever heard. Or, in this case, read. See you around the internet!







alliyah says...


Ha! Well that review sure went on a journey! Glad you enjoyed the piece! :D And yes I agree Google is the ultimate search engine. :)



User avatar
8 Reviews


Points: 212
Reviews: 8

Donate
Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:23 pm
View Likes
Laurenlovely says...



WAIT? THIS IS OLD? Even if it is it's still amazing! Praise your "old" self.




alliyah says...


Thank you! :) Glad you enjoyed!



User avatar
319 Reviews


Points: 9100
Reviews: 319

Donate
Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:56 pm
View Likes
Jashael says...



OMGIE THIS IS AWESOME HAHA




alliyah says...


Thanks, Jash! It's so old! Sort of awkward that my most liked piece is a silly song spoof. :D But that's how these things work. lol.



Random avatar

Points: 389
Reviews: 17

Donate
Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:27 pm
View Likes
popsicles wrote a review...



HAHAHAHHA first I must really laugh, very loud :-) I love this one but I also Love the movie Frozen! It is a nice switch, really! You are very good, I was I'm as good as you! Now I'm jealous you really have talent. I like this because my internet is very slow, so I can relate to this lyric.

You have tried to write this poem and this is one of my favorites now. You have a lot of talent...

One like for you, keep on writing!

Love; Bree




alliyah says...


Thanks!


Random avatar
popsicles says...


:)



User avatar


Points: 0
Reviews: 0

Donate
Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:38 pm
View Likes
raventotherow12 says...



I think it's a great parody, I actually loved how to wrote it about the internet




alliyah says...


Thanks! Glad you enjoyed! I wrote this years ago, so I'd almost forgotten about it.





Your welcome and that's cool



User avatar
1081 Reviews


Points: 220
Reviews: 1081

Donate
Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:58 pm
View Likes
Virgil wrote a review...



This is Nikayla here dropping in for a review at the very end of Review Day! I thought I might as well since I want to be able to contribute the most I can and since we're so close I can't give up this opportunity. I have to say that this is pretty great, Team Captain of the Cardinals Alliyah! It's pretty dang relatable since we all have those days where the computer or phone isn't loading or cooperating at all so the theme is accurate. I can see this is a parody of the song Let It Go from the movie Frozen which I can say that I never liked too much.

Not as much as I enjoyed Moana but even then I'm not much of a fan of Disney movies. The main complaint that I have for this is that parodies spawned from Disney movies is something that's quite popular, especially with this song. This song's been parodied so many times that it's gotten stale for me and while I enjoy the set of lyrics that you've set to the song, I admit that it's a little out of style now.

This parody is pretty smart though because it takes a similar sounding word and switched 'go' to 'load' and fit references throughout to make it fit. I know Niteowl did something similar, only it was with Review Day and was a parody of the song Tik Tok by Kesha, and that's something of the same caliber of this. Glad I've been able to review this though I do think some of the wording is a little forced and I think that could be played around with so it's more effective and flowing.

If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask! I hope I helped and have a great day.




alliyah says...


Ha! I totally forgot about this thing! Thanks for the Review Nikayla! :D



User avatar
27 Reviews


Points: 249
Reviews: 27

Donate
Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:07 am
View Likes
JinxGrey says...



This is a great parody.It was really funny.You could be the next Bart Baker(you tube).I really enjoyed it.You described the wait of the internet in such a humorous way.This is perfect for people who like tidbits of information but hate the wait.You did a great job.Good luck!!




alliyah says...


Thanks Emrhea! I'm glad you enjoyed it!



Emrhea says...


Thank you for making something I enjoy @alliyah



alliyah says...


You're very welcome! I look forward to reading some of your work once you've posted some more. Welcome to YWS by the way.



Emrhea says...


Once I get enough points I going to post a song I wrote called The way @alliyah



Random avatar

Points: 1019
Reviews: 6

Donate
Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:10 pm
View Likes
WritingNinja wrote a review...



This was a great parody! I thought it was creative, humorous, and followed along with the tune of the song perfectly. I think when you write parodies, you may have to site the lyrics you use and the song and artist a certain way, like you would using a quote from an article or speech, but I am not entirely sure. But you did note the song lyrics and artist, so that's good, it just may need to be sited a certain way for copyright infringements. Just something to look into. I thought the lyrics were great, and the song was crafted splendidly. You make such creative lyrics, and I hope to see you post more songs :) I rather enjoyed this one.




User avatar
158 Reviews


Points: 3874
Reviews: 158

Donate
Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:21 am
View Likes
Corncob wrote a review...



Very funny ending! I think that was my favorite part; the ending. Very clever, but not quite what I was expecting. I thought this would be about your irritation of waiting for the Internet to load, but not quite that. A little iffy on some stanzas that were too random for my liking. Perhaps polish up a bit? My favorite part definitely the last line. Keep writing! xxo




User avatar
42 Reviews


Points: 269
Reviews: 42

Donate
Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:37 am
View Likes
horrendous wrote a review...



even having not heard the original track that this parody is based off of, i was still able to appreciate a good jab at modern society. i'm a big fan of satirical humor, and this parody really hit my funny bone. i particularly like the chorus:

Let it load, let it load
Need the answers I have asked for
Let it load, let it load
Minimize and type some more


it really captures the way modern humans more and more require instant gratification. well, that's my interpretation anyway.

this was really good, made me laugh.




User avatar
12 Reviews


Points: 456
Reviews: 12

Donate
Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:19 pm
jojoann1 wrote a review...



Hi!

I have enjoyed another parody of "Let It Go". This was a funny parody of the internet. I did have a nitpick to point out:

"why all these random questions come to mind"

I feel like this is off melody and has a few more syllables than it did in the song. It confused me just a bit, but the song is still great!

Thank you for writing this parody, it really made my day seeing another parody made of this song.

Keep on writing,
**Jojoann1**




alliyah says...


I changed it to fit with the song's original rhythm. I'm glad you liked the song.



User avatar
271 Reviews


Points: 414
Reviews: 271

Donate
Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:10 pm
View Likes
Gravity wrote a review...



I really liked this parody, I am always asking questions so I completely understand where you're coming fro! When you talk about the wait for search engines. I also really liked how you !mentioned all the different ones to try such as ask.com, Google and bing. I have just a few nitpicks.

why all these random questions come to mind


So this line just kinda threw off the rhythm a little bit when the line that is typically here is 'and here I stay' which is 4 syllables long. Your line is 10 syllables, that creates a huge difference as I'm hearing the song being sung in my head. The rhythm is weird.

next is ask.com, then Yahoo
MSN, Wikipedia too!


I feel like he last line is too much for the same reason I made the last criticism. It simply messes up the rhythm. I think it would sound better if you stopped the stanza at yahoo.

Other than that, I really liked this. You did a great job on it and I applaud your creativity, keep writing!

XOXO,
Gravity




alliyah says...


Thanks for the review, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I knew the rhythm didn't work in a few places. I just took another look at the real song and will try to shift things around a little to fit better.



User avatar
89 Reviews


Points: 610
Reviews: 89

Donate
Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:13 pm
Annaclare says...






Em101cats says...


Oh my gosh, my avatar has a twin!



Annaclare says...


Omg!!! That's awesome !!!



alliyah says...


@Penlorde is @TimmyJake's avatar twin too, so there are just twins all over this!



User avatar
10 Reviews


Points: 270
Reviews: 10

Donate
Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:22 am
View Likes
Penlorde says...



This is great!

Man, you nailed it :)

I loved it, its funny. I actually laughed out loud. XD




alliyah says...


I'm glad you liked it! :)



User avatar
104 Reviews


Points: 25731
Reviews: 104

Donate
Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:03 am
View Likes
JayeCShore wrote a review...



Hi, J.C. here for a review!

Lol, this was awesome. Honestly, this, to me, is the pinnacle of humorous poetry. I've never cared much for works that fit into the "satire" category simply because I don't like the whole hack 'em slash 'em bash 'em model. This, though, was brilliantly funny, and just about anyone who uses the computer can relate.

Today I opened up the internet browser
Looked at the bright screen
I can't believe that I am
The internet's queen


I think it's great that you start out with an upbeat sort of tempo all about how great the internet is and all the things you're going to find. Then, by the end, you've kind of forgotten what you're doing or where you're going. Heck, I do that all the time. Especially waiting for a page to load that means absolutely nothing to me, but I found it interesting in that moment, so I absolutely must wait for it.

One thing that is important when doing a mock-up or spin-off of something, especially lyrics, is that you follow along with the original tempo and beat of the song. Though in a few places it didn't quite fit, I honestly found myself singing this to the beat of "Let It Go." Needless to say, my screen may have just cracked and I might need to fix a window or two, but hey, I let it go!

In any case, this isn't the greatest poem ever written, but I don't think that's what you were going for. And who couldn't like it?

Thank you alliyah!

#D65F54 ">- JC -




alliyah says...


Thanks for reviewing JC! And you're right about my intentions of just making an upbeat somewhat humorous version of that very catchy song. :)



User avatar
89 Reviews


Points: 610
Reviews: 89

Donate


Remember: the plot is nothing more than footprints left in the snow after your characters have run by on their way to incredible destinations.
— Ray Bradbury