z

Young Writers Society



Essence of Truth

by Temi


What is truth?

Can anyone ever fathom the essence of truth?

Does anyone understand and grasp the full aura of truth?



Some say truth can be found in the bowels of a righteous heart,

Others say it scurries away from a heart as filthy as a rag,

Some say the truth is the best remedy to shattered pieces of a man’s life,

Yet others question if truth really brings pure and utter joy,



I course through life looking for answers to my questions,

Questions that might not even exist,

But one thing that haunts my very soul,

That clasps my heart in bondage,



Is one solemn question that I doubt there is an answer,

Doesn’t truth break the faith of people?

Isn’t it best to keep the truth from people, so as their faith can be rewarded?


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



Random avatar

Points: 5889
Reviews: 111

Donate
Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:38 am
View Likes
dante93 wrote a review...



I thought this poem was okay. It was written in a way easy to understand, but it lacked the structure which makes a poem great. It seemed to me the language was a bit childish in this poem. The reader can easily grasp the concept. The reader understands your point of view, but that is it. There is no emotional connection. There is nothing in this poem, to me that shows me your true essence as a writer. Keep trying though.




User avatar
78 Reviews


Points: 14535
Reviews: 78

Donate
Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:03 am
View Likes
nova wrote a review...



This is a fairly okay poem.
I understand that 'truth' is what the theme of the poem is, but... you don't need to CONSTANTLY repeat it.
this makes the poem sound repetitive and leaving it out would make it flow better.
This might just be me, as well, but the last stanza doesnt really go along with the poem; Instead of being part of the poem, its like you have ended it, then have asked the reader a question. Maybe this is what you were going for but to me it doesn't have any poetic feel to it.
But beside from these points, its a good poem. Well Done. :)
~nova.




User avatar
125 Reviews


Points: 6975
Reviews: 125

Donate
Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:06 pm
View Likes
silentwords wrote a review...



This was a very well-written and thought provocting poem. I really enjoyed it :)
I couldn't find anything wrong with it, so I won't be much help. You definetly have talent, keep it up the great work!





Don't gobblefunk around with words.
— Roald Dahl