Disappointments

by SpencerSharp

I find it hard to believe that, as many gurus say we are made stronger by our disappointments. To me, I feel that the true impact of a disappointment is felt only by the person feeling it. i myself have felt a few and i am sure i did not get stronger by them; if anything, they hurt me badly and caused me to loose confidence my my self and trust in people.

My first and worst disappointment in my life was when my parents broke up when i was only 12 years old. not only did they divorce they made a bitter spectacle of it. i was taking my PSLE at that time and all the support i got was from my elder sister. the two people i loved and still love were too busy destroying each other. I did not matter to them. what mattered was that they each should win. i was pawn in their battle as each told me what to tel the judge. i am glad the matter was over a week before my PSLE. I was content to live with my mother and shuttle to dads house every weekend. Still they continued their battle by drawing awful pictures of each other to me.

When i accepted the terrible reality of my parents then came another blow, my sister decided to move to US as she had met her price charming within the year of my parent divorce and had built up a golden future for herself and her man. No one was there for me now. i waved goodbye to my sis and cried when i hugged her. Strangely enough she showed no emotion and i knew she was not sorry to leave, i was right she was a great disappointment she has not written to me since.

another related disappointment was the shabby treatment i received from my relatives all of them looked at me with piety in their eyes, I was made aware that i was the unlucky one. and since the divorce my grandfathers have not spoken to me.

i have only a few friends about me on whose love alone i depend for anything resembling happiness. i wonder if they too will disappoint men some days i said my disappointments are too heavy to bear. i do not understand how they will make me stronger

Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:18 pm
aimlesswanderer wrote a review...

Hey, i am new so sorry if I mess this up.

SpencerSharp wrote:I find it hard to believe that, as many gurus say we are made stronger by our disappointments. To me, I feel that the true impact of a disappointment is felt only by the person feeling it. i myself have felt a few and i am sure i did not get stronger by them; if anything, they hurt me badly and caused me to loose confidence my my self and trust in people.
I really liked this paragraph, it just really made me think and it just puts everything out there.

This paragraph really confused me, because one: it doesn't make sense and two: because it contradicts the first one. I hope that helped! :smt001

Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:55 pm
Lava says...

Hi.
I sent a PM with grammatical corrections and tips.
Hope it helps. :)
~Lava

Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:07 am
SpencerSharp says...

I actually am very bad at grammar hope you help me learn more and thanks for telling me that and keep on the good job

Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:46 pm
Lava wrote a review...

#400040 ">Hi Spencer!
First of all, welcome to YWS! Hope you have a great time here.
I'm Lava and I shall review this piece.

SpencerSharp wrote:I find it hard to believe that, as many gurus say we are made stronger by our disappointments. To me, I feel that the true impact of a disappointment is felt only by the person feeling it. i myself have felt a few and i am sure i did not get stronger by them; if anything, they hurt me badly and caused me to loose It's 'lose' here confidence my my in my self and trust in people.

My first and worst disappointment in my life was when my parents broke up when i was only 12 years old. not only did they divorce, they made a bitter spectacle of it. i was taking my PSLE at that time and all the support i got was from my elder sister. the two people i loved (and still love) were too busy destroying each other. I did not matter to them. what mattered was that they each should win. i was a pawn in their battle as each told me what to tel the judge. i am glad the matter was over a week before my PSLE. I was content to live with my mother and shuttle to dad's house every weekend. Still they continued their battle by drawing awful pictures of each other to me.

When i accepted the terrible reality of my parents then came another blow, my sister decided to move to US as she had met her price charming within the year of my parent[]s'[/b] divorce and had built up a golden future for herself and her man. No one was there for me now. i waved goodbye to my sis and cried when i hugged her. Strangely enough she showed no emotion and i knew she was not sorry to leave, i was right she was a great disappointment she has not written to me since.

another related disappointment was the shabby treatment i received from my relatives. All of them looked at me with piety I think you mean pity in their eyes, I was made aware that i was the unlucky one. and since the divorce my grandfathers have not spoken to me.

#FF0040 ">~~~~~~~~~~~~~****~~~~~~~~~

#400080 ">So, basically you need to work on your grammar. Take care of punctuation and most importantly, capitalize your I's.
I'm awfully sorry you had to go through such things. You can count on all of us here as friends too. :)

~Lava

You own everything that happened to you. Tell your stories. If people wanted you to write warmly about them, they should have behaved better.
— Anne Lamott