z

Young Writers Society


16+ Language

To The Toxic Person Who Hurt Me

by SkyVibes


Warning: This work has been rated 16+ for language.

“You’re a thief. You stole my book and characters.” You told me.

How is that even possible if hadn’t read it and only heard about 10 words about it?

“Well, you still just don’t understand.” You told me.

I try to. Don’t you understand?

“You never listen.” You said.

I do…you’re the one who never listens…..

“You lied to me” You continue.

You lied about me and my family to everyone in your church.

“We need a break,” You said.

But why? We’re supposed to talk about this!

And you stopped talking to me for months.

You didn’t listen.

You didn’t understand. You’d never understand what I went through.

At Christmas, we talked and caught up.

“I’m not glad but relieved we didn’t talk,” You told me.

What the hell did you just say?

“I was able to do stuff and focus on myself” You explained.

Who said I was holding you back?

“I missed talking to you,” You told me "You're my only friend".

I want an apology. I asked you three times.

But I never got one and the abuse continued. 

You kept me in your grasp and guilt tripped me if I wanted to leave.

You never understood.

You lied.

You stole.

You are not a friend.

I couldn't take it anymore.

I need a break.

I spent months in depression because of you.

I shut every person in my life out.

Because of you.

And you never said you were sorry. Not one damn time.

You have two hands like me but you never reached out.

Because it was my fault, you told me.

But it wasn’t.

You tricked me and abused me until I broke.

But you'll never know that I thank you.

Because you helped me find my real best friend.

And that is something you will never be.

I won't allow you to hurt me ever again.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
40 Reviews


Points: 2027
Reviews: 40

Donate
Stickied -- Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:52 am
View Likes
SkyVibes says...



I don't normally write poems and barely stories. But I couldn't make this a story and it's not necessarily a poem either. But it was better I tell my story in this short way.

This is for those who might have gone for something similar.

Notes: I thought she was my best friend. But in the end, I was treated like an object rather than a human. I now know what a real best friend. I know how to cope with depression even when it's really bad. I learned from that experience. That was the only thing my toxic ex-best friend ever did for me.




Random avatar

Points: 0
Reviews: 0

Donate
Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:11 am
kirtideep says...



The hardest part of your life became that phase, when you burn love poems you once wrote for them. Then and again, your poetries are on them, but not in a good way.
nice work.




Random avatar

Points: 0
Reviews: 0

Donate
Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:11 am
kirtideep says...



The hardest part of your life became that phase, when you burn love poems you once wrote for them. Then and again, your poetries are on them, but not in a good way.
nice work.




SkyVibes says...


Thank you for the comment!
-Sky



User avatar


Points: 31
Reviews: 1

Donate
Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:21 am
Horchata wrote a review...



"I spent months in depression because of you.

I shut every person in my life out.

Because of you." the weight of this is gut wrenching. You conveyed the emotion incredibly well! Interestingly enough it almost follows a hero's journey structure with the darkest hour being at the end of the 2nd third. Thank you for sharing and giving a vessel for others to connect. ;p




SkyVibes says...


Hi! Sorry for the wait! Again just as I told Raven, I%u2019m shocked! I%u2019ve never been good with words but I%u2019m so glad people can see the emotion I tried to display here! Thank you so much for reading and leaving such a great comment!
-Sky



User avatar
242 Reviews


Points: 41903
Reviews: 242

Donate
Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:35 pm
RavenAkuma wrote a review...



This story feels very powerful and I agree that it's great for anyone who's had a similar experience -or is currently going through it- to hear. And the story is written so well, every line is crystal clear and provokes emotion.

I especially loved this here:

You tricked me and abused me until I broke.

But you'll never know that I thank you.

Because you helped me find my real best friend.


Not only does it make me happy to know that you were able to find someone better, but it's just great to clarify that you can use a toxic situation to become stronger and find someone who will actually be your friend, instead of another fake. Very true and I hope more people learn this.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us <3




SkyVibes says...


Hi! Sorry for the late reply! Thank you so much for your comment! I%u2019m honestly kinda shocked to hear someone liked it. I%u2019m not really good at talking about how I%u2019m feeling and it was hard for me to type it out. Your comment makes me so happy! Thank you for reading!
-Sky




Mr. Scorpio says productivity is up 2%, and it's all because of my motivational techniques -- like donuts and the possibility of more donuts to come.
— Homer Simpson