Mercy (chapter 1)

by NLPrincess13

Introduction -

Cold as the summit of the Alps…..she couldn't deny that fact. How she hovers around her life??!!! It's ridiculous to figure out how you lost your strength so slow, but so fast with time.

Its epic hazardous life we have here on this particular place where we live at.

It gave her a twinge in her spine to shudder her sallow skin. Every time she thinks about it she nearly could be frozen up from the idea itself, but the way you act sometimes from your agony could relief you inside a little……

But for HOW LONG???!!!

"How long could this go on and on?!" she would ask intensely vaguely...

The way the heart beats to spread the strength to thee body it's a miracle, for small organ like it to be the reason of your life.

But when that heart breaks… he doesn't break alone. He shutters your mind… he invades your sleep…. He walks down your dreams …he cuts down your breath and agitates your own life.

She was young and naive. She is good but shred into thousands pieces a part.

She could be possessed by a demon, she could!!!

She has a hazel eye but covered day and night with chosen darkness.

She dyed her hair in black too…with red highlights.

Maybe she could be…!!!

Sometimes she dressed ridiculously and deviously, but others she dressed seductively for a girl in her age.

Her parents tried to reciprocate with it, but they gave up for the case it could be a "Teenage – Dilemma" would end soon.

They advised her over and over again, but no signs for a change. They almost could be in despair.

Her first stupor attainment was getting "F" at her quizzes… more trouble at school threat to be dispelled.

She just kept in sequence of wheeling Dim Dizzy circles.

She can't free herself from it… she imprisoned herself in the gloomiest place ever known.

She turned down her own friends with a glance to collide with who look like her ignorance and devious.

She didn't want to be that, but she thought she were that.

"That the case of who you are. Is your own state of mind. Your thoughts, your beliefs and your beauty"

But how could she know that when her mind shriveled from her pain and insanity. She becomes undaunted to it.

Her parents wondered with twirl and swirl. They couldn't believe that their beloved daughter would reach to that point. What on Earth they did wrong on raising her??!!

She was nice and tender. She cares and pride. She was serene and ambitious.

She always on the top of everything she would do. She used to dress in decent clothes covering her jeweled body.

They always say that she "was illuminated by angel's innocence. All she was a blessed child".

When you gaze at the stars to figure out your life and turn to be a lie…..

A lot could change even who you were suppose to be…….

1.

- The Beginning Storm -

One Saturday night, the phone rang in that quite house. Her mother rushed to it

"Hello" she answered in Tender.

"Police department, Madam we believe that we detained your daughter on robbery felony at the mall and we want her parents to come to take her" the police officer demanded

"Oh My God!!! Yes Officer" she answered intensely while hanging up

"OH My God!! Your daughter in the police detention for robbery at the mall" she informed the father. They rushed to the closet to pick up what they can reach then the father grab the car keys and went to the garage to take the car out then the mother followed him. They drove down town to the police station. They took the major road then they turned to main park street and rushed the stairs to the police officer.

They get her out of detention and pay her bail out. They turned back home.

The silence rang over the atmosphere then when they got home. Her father pleaded "what's going on with you"

She ignored him…

"Aren't you getting allowance" her mother referred

"ALLOWANCE!!!" she replied cynically.

"What do you want us to do??!!" He demanded in eager.

She ignored him again

"You stole stuff over 500$, WHY!!???" the poor mother asked

"Why are you doing this? What did I do to you to deserve this??!!" she cried and the tears in her eyes.

"OH, again You, everything all about you. OH, please save me from this!!" the arrogant daughter said in apathetic tone with gnarled gesture as she moving towards the stairs up to her room.

"We are talking to you young lady" he was agitated

"Keep talking then" she replied as she slamming the door behind her (he couldn't hear her anyway). "I don't know what to do anymore" her mom broke down

"Her final exams will be soon" she said in stupor condition

He took her to their room to rest and gets some sleep. That's was late in April....she a month till summer vacation. She had to prepare for her final exams and graduation.

She was a senior high school student. Even though what she becomes to be... she didn't forget her future and her next step. Maybe something inside her was still twinkling. Unfortunately, not enough to make a complete shine. She stole a diamond bracelet... maybe a connection to what she used to be....Maybe that's why she stole it.

The police keep it..., but her parents still pay for it. For the damages that she made dwell with her friends.

After couple of hours, she went down stairs to the kitchen to eat something…….

She was so hungry because the officer didn't call right away normally they leave them a little in detention to feel the guilt (As they will). She found her father sitting in his desk room on his computer doing the same thing for 5 years that the most heart breaking thing she has ever known.

While they were down stairs, the mother was upstairs go through her own memories with the photographs of her daughter. Photos for her first summer vacation when she was just 6 months in the Bahamas.

The tears come streaming down her face with unfinished smile upon it.

When she remembered every moment as it was happened yesterday. The moment of her birth and looking at her face for the first time. How she felt in that moment gave her cramps in her stomach. She moved slowly towards the closet once again to get to the box….her memories box….she rummaged through it.

She held her sonar images with rest that was in her hand and moved slowly to the bed with every step she stepped forward her gaze didn't move abet from them.

She was shocked and drifted in some where else. She used to evasive this box for what it could bring….

After giving birth to that that girl...Her mother had to carry out hysterectomy.

For that case of both giving birth and going through that awful surgery.

The mother got into severe depression for a year.

She took her path over again to the box after leaving the photos on the bed. She took the box between her hands and stepped slowly towards the bed to get to the T.V. set.

She put down the box on the ground and took some videos tapes of her daughter… she took one and crawled to the video set and put the tape on with shaking hands and pressed "Play" button.

She crawled back and set on her knees staring at the screen, but nothing showed….she almost freaked out…. On the other hand she smiled and turned the T.V. on. She rushed back to her knees watching eagerly…..the first baby steps to her only and lonely child with her chuckling and giggling.

"She can't be that person" she whispered

"Oh Please god your help" she prayed.

How things were different and happier…what could be wrong.

In the contrary, she knew there was something wrong …. Not with the girl only, but with entire family.

As "Liz" was taking the stairs up stairs back to her room. She passed her parents room with a sneak peak inside to find her mom on her knees sitting on the floor and she was watching her old videos.

She moved slowly to her room wondering if she's hoping for a miracle or Maybe another CHILD.!!!

"Liz" almost conceded that what she is in that moment has to change, but unfortunately not for long that thought lingered.

She turned her Music Player on and Dressed on her PJ to sleep.

*****

In the peaceful beginning of the next month that placed the fifth of the year was sort of quiet but Gloomy.

The Silence echoed the air around the tremble House and all around the Rain Hill Town.

All the emptiness is hovering over them while every day was passing…….

Reckless & Ruthless-

It's been two weeks and no signs of danger or horrible attainment from the young girl.

But it just the silence before the storm…Or a truce with the demon inside…

She was grounded enough for keeping herself out of trouble, but not for the Drama Queen.

She wasn't supposed to meet anyone or go anyplace unless it's related to her study or home work for 15 days plus the chorus.

She was eagerly waiting for the final day to meet her "so called" friends and get rid of her "boring life".

"Mom, I'll go with my friends today to camp. Any Objection??!!" she asked

"Honey, don't do something reckless please for my sake… just keep out of trouble. I don't want another phone rang for hospital. O.K." Her mom eagerly informed her.

"Just be good" in lovely tone

"Alright, alright….." she quickly answered.

"I am leaving now." She shouted while grabbing her camping bag and slamming the door behind.

"OH, your mercy God" Her mom prayed again.

It was Friday… almost Dawn… she went out to catch up with her friends and go to the wood to start the camp.

There were five of them "Nicholas, Rosalie, Jeremiah, Madison and Andre"

All the same type ungrateful, irreverent and resentful people. The problem makers type…"high school bee community"…….

They went through the woods after a long ride… then they set the camp. It was just Noon.

They start to mess around and roam over the place….she found nick grab some beer from the back of the car.

And give one to her. She was shocked but she hold it and told him "I'll pass"….it's still 3:00 P.m.

But he couldn't let the thing go, he tried to coax the thing over and over again with provoking her to do it by scoffing her.

He was a typical Jerk……he could slyly provoke any one. But she left him and went away for a walk.

Then the whole camp come together who whatever roamed come back and sat around then the whole camp turn into a rave. The music rang over the place while the sun was descending.

Nick got back again to the car and grab some beer again…. Then every one got sloshed all around the place.

While the sky was getting darker and darker, they lit the fire.

It was insane every girl with a boy hooked together. It was really uncomfortable for her even though but she blinded with her Ignorance.

All together except for the girl with a little timid in her eyes. She could see Andre's eyes following her with every single movement and gesture.

She tried to ignore the whole thing and get up walking away from the rave.

As was expected from "the other Jerk" Andre to follow her. What everyone knows about André that he is the master when it comes to girls. He had to get to the best of the best to date them…..then after took what he need from them……Break their hearts.

Well the wondering about how he joined that flock is he just get bored every now and then….so he just like to make something difference.

While she was walking through the trees towards the lake which was just half a mile from the camp. He appeared from behind the tree and freaks her out.

"OH my god, you scared me" she said

"Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to, actually I was hoping that you jump off" he smiled in arrogant that poisoned that smile.

"Oh, you such a big jerk Andre get out of my face, NOW!!!" she insisted in anger.

"Please, the drama queen" He replied

"Andre, I am serious, I don't want you here" GO AWAY NOW!!!" she shouted at him.

"Ok, as you like, but don't come crying to me. There actually alligators in this lake" with sarcasm face

"GO TO HELL, Andre" she replied coldly and walked away.

She walked and wondered around and around. It could be hours…..

But she got back to the camping place

"She arrived safely, guys" Nick scoffed

"Oh check, arms, legs every thing in place" Andre responded

"Go TO HELL!! Both of you "she was gnarled

"Leave her alone, jerks" Rosalie demanded

"OK…okay" Andre said

She set next to Madison and asked her "How long was I gone??" in whisper

"Well, maybe half an hour or something" Madison replied.

Jeremiah grabbed something from his pocket….she couldn't see it.

He was standing outside the fire circle then he start to pass something around them.

Then she saw pills in Madison hands.

"What is this?" she asked loudly "HAHA!!!!!" the whole flock laughed

"It's crack, Loser" Jeremiah answered. "You put it like that and drink beer after it, Look done!" Jeremiah illustrated by putting the pill in his mouth and drank beer afterwards.

"Enjoy the feeling, baby" Nick replied

The thoughts flood through her mind…. She has read a bout drugs and addiction before.

It's awful what those things do to your brain and your health, but then another thought leaped out of nowhere with " WHAT THE POINT??!!"

She grabbed the pills from Jeremiah and drank a whole bottle of beer….then they started to rave again, but this time everyone included.

They passed out all of them on the dirt just in adjacent to the fire sprawling around the place.

The next morning when the sun started to burn their skin from the heat……..they started to wake up one after another.

The 5 friends woke up finally with dizzy reckless minds. But the only girl was still on the dirt. They started to wake her up and revive to their conscious, but she couldn't get up straight. She was suffering from a horrible hangover. When she get up from the ground, she would fall again…….she couldn't find her balance.

"It's Horrible Damn it" she shouted "it's so damn hurts, its awful headache" she shouted again

"Where is the aspirin, Jeremiah??" Rosalie asked

"Oh. I forget it "He replied" You Damn Idiot" she shouted they went back to the car and drive back to the Rain Hill Town.

Nick took the wheel…as Jeremiah was completely sloshed.

On the other hand nick didn't seem to have a hard hangover or even drunk.

Even though he didn't notice how much he squeezed the gas foot…….

As soon as he had reached to the maximum speed… we heard the police asking us to pull over.

Of course he didn't have license or registration with him the car belongs to Jeremiah.

The Whole Riot went to the police department.

Another phone rang. The same conversation, the same shame, the same heartache.

Her parents went again to the police department to pay her bail out again.

But this time the officer inform them if she got into trouble again …there will going to be a trial…. And real detention.

They took her again….with the silence then suddenly. Her mother said "I can't breath" in heavy breathe

"Do you want me to drive you to the hospital" the husband replied

"Maybe" she hardly was breathing.

"OK, what exactly you are feeling" he asked

"I feel a knot in my chest" she hardly answered.

"OK, Don't speak now try to breath" he answered.

In the back sear, mix of all emotions confused together….she sat confused, lost and didn't know what to say neither what to do.

They went to the hospital. It didn't take long they put her right away in so much complicated machines.

She starts to breath normally again….then the doctor asks us to go out to talk with us.

Then the doctor spoke to the father telling him" she is exhausted from a stressful situations lately…she seems to be under a lot of pressure…but you got to be careful cause it might cause her heart attack."

"She has to rest and stay out any stress" he continued

Her father stands in gnarled gesture staring at his daughter. "She would be discharged tomorrow" he informed us and quietly left.

"Now, it's my fault" the ignorant daughter spoke.

"What that suppose to mean, young lady" he replied furiously

"Oh, Big Deal, I was Drunk" she informed him.

"WHAT!!!"" You were Drunk!!!??" he said with the fire in his eyes

"This not a good time when we go back home" he quickly calmed himself.

"I can't wait…Ha!" she said in apathetic attitude.

"I think you should go to your mother now." He referred

"Whatever" she said in confusion…

They both walked the path to her. While the two shadows were walking it felt unbearable pain through the rebel's girl chest for the guilt she felt inside.

But the other shadow couldn't be more careless.

His mind was somewhere else from the shame that he put himself into….

Finally they both reach to the door of the poor mother's room and enter quietly…

"Hi, mom" she said in diligent voice.

"Oh, hey Dear …Are you okay?!" she said in whispers

"Oh! I am good. How are you??" she quickly replied

"I am fine…..I am fine" her mother barely spoke.

"Rest Now, Honey" the husband finally spoke.

The resident doctor entered the room and checks the machines around her…then he look through papers and told them.

"You can go home and rest. The Madam would be discharged tomorrow" he informed politely.

"OK, Thank you" the master replied.

After goodbyes and tender words, they both left to go home. They arrived late in that night. She went upstairs to her room, but her father went to his desk room.

He impatiently opened his computer…then he opened Gamble Account.

He looked on that red arrow on the screen it reached the maximum…It's 100.00$.

That the shame that he put himself through….also he become an addicted Gambler.

He has been given a glimpse for help to control that debut by another gambling friend that he could help him if The careless father would help him to promote his other sites that provide him the money for Gambling also that friend was the one who introduce the father to the Wheeling Table.

But, the careless father didn't accept the offer at first, but with increase that red arrow reached…… he couldn't refuse any more.

By that time, the addicted father went away from family and himself. He used to spend most of his time in the bar….Malcolm Bar the bar in town.

His carelessness reached to the college tuition of his daughter Unfortunately, No one knew about that…It's just the daughter… but the wife has no clue about it

He drank and drank every night till the sloshed level. He got to another shame……

It's disappointing what the one can reach from his sorrow which it's disappointing to the soul alone….

**************

Confrontation –

On the next day, the husband went to the hospital alone to get his wife back home. The daughter was at school… she had a quiz in math for testing her preparation for the final exams.

He arrived to the hospital early. She was ready to leave. She was calm and serene; he took her hand to the car.

They drove back home….there were flying words here and there without enough smiles. It was something different in the mom something changes in her.

They finally arrived home; he took her hands to the house she reached the stairs alone then demanded to go upstairs alone.

After a while, "Liz" arrived home from school. She found him standing in front of the door…with clinch in his teeth.

He grabbed her arm and told her "Don't you even try to speak about that night. Your mom is resting upstairs….she will get more sick if she knew you was Drunk"

"Oh, yeah………what the problem with being drunk DAD!!!" she replied as she took his hand off her arm.

"Oh! I am Sorry. I am talking to you……… there No Problem at all. The only problem is that she doesn't know. I saw you in the bar DAD! You were throwing up when the bartender held your arm. So please save preach for someone else.

At least I am not ADDICTED"

"YOUNG LADY!!!!" he shouted in surprise

"Don't even try, Precious Father. My time to spell it out you are not only drunk, but also a gambler… You want to preach please say to someone who cares"

"Damn You!!" She shouted

"ELIZEBETH!!!!" Her mother shouted as she was standing on the stairs.

The four eyes stared at the stairs with lost and surprise.

"You don't even know, mom" she continued

"Shh, I know ……..Yes I do, but any circumstances. You never speak to your father like that" the mother replied

"You know!!!" he asked

"Yes I know Beth, Yes I know… maybe late but I know, but no matter what you can't speak to your father like that" she insisted.

"You know and you couldn't do anything….we lost in debut….He is addicted….. He lost my college tuition….how I am supposed to go to my college next year??!!...

She broke down crying what kind of people you are??!!" "

"That's the reason for my visit to the hospital, Beth" she replied

"You don't understand" he tried to explain.

"Please, don't start with how young I am. I can understand what I have to "his daughter continued

"Tell her how you intent to pay back for it…..Tell her!!"

"Oh let me do the honor, his miraculous friend had his perfect websites for supplying women to clubs, bars….You know.

Of course as MY FATHER! Is a websites and ads specialist. He wants him to promote for the maximum level….that how he pays for his gambling games"

"Is that right??" she demanded

"Oh, yeah… I wonder DAD! Can you put through them really I'll get you the highest price "she cynically replied

"Oh that's it. I am fed up with you, with her with my life"

She opened the door and slammed after her…. She wondered around lost and confused…..

NLPrincess13 says...

Thank you all for your reviews, i'll try harder besides it's my first time to write a novel!!!
thanks again

Kale wrote a review...

First things first: your have no spacing between paragraphs, which makes reading your story difficult on a screen. You can easily fix this by hitting the Edit button located in the upper right-hand corner of your post, scrolling down the post screen until you see the formatting options, and selecting Story. Doing so will automatically add a space between each paragraph.

Secondly, this was very long. Posting up chapters this long is a good way to deter readers since they can be intimidated by the length. A common practice is to break up long chapters into parts with no more than ~2000 words per chapter (though this is just a recommendation). It breaks up your writing into more manageable and therefore less intimidating chunks and is also more reader-friendly — since there is no handy bookmark feature on this site, if a reader wants to take a break, or if they lose power or their computer crashes or something like that, they risk losing their place in a huge chunk of text like this, and it takes them longer to find their place again. Breaking things up into smaller chunks makes finding one's place again a bit more easier since there aren't that many words to sift through.

Formatting aside, quite frankly, this was not readable. At all. Not only was the punctuation misused and abused, but the actual writing didn't make any sense. I only looked at the first two lines, to be completely honest, before deciding that this wasn't worth the effort to read.

I'll explain:

Cold as the summit of the Alps….. she couldn't deny that fact.

Ellipsis abuse aside, this isn't a horrible sentence, though it does leave me wondering what exactly is as cold as the summit of the Alps, something you never make clear.

How she hovers around her life??!!!

Say what? This comes completely out of nowhere, and the excessive question and exclamation marks takes away from all credibility you have as a writer, aside from making this sentence even more confusing.

It's ridiculous to figure out how you lost your strength so slow, but so fast with time.

o_O

Again, out of place.

And here in this sentence, we have misspellings, misusage of terms, and redundancy. All-in-all, it looks to me like you couldn't be bothered to write coherently, which leads me to ask myself why I should bother to slog through this mess.

If you want people to read your writing, making sure things make sense at least grammatically is always a good idea. Right now, this piece is so sorely lacking in coherency, I could only bear to read two paragraphs.

Portable_Jukebox wrote a review...

The main issue I had with this piece was that it was very difficult to read, and not in a good way. The narration made no sense. It was disjointed, with absolutely no tying thread. I spent most of the time reading it wondering what was going on, why I should care, and who this person was.

The repetitive punctuation that freewritersavvy pointed out was something that bothered me as well. If you need the multiple punctuation to express emotion, that means the words themselves are not doing their job.

The grammar killed me. It really did.

Below, I've posted a quote from your writing and how I would re-write it to solve many of the problems mentioned above.

"Every time she thinks about it she nearly could be frozen up from the idea itself, but the way you act sometimes from your agony could relief you inside a little…… "

OK, she/you who are you talking about? The order was also confusing.

My rewrite: "Every time she thinks about it, the idea itself freezes her up. Just doing something can sometimes help relieve the agony one experiences."

Here are some questions that help me make sure that what I'm writing makes sense to the reader.

1. Do I keep the speaker in focus?
-Jumping around with speakers just makes a intro even more confusing. Remember you're throwing someone into a new world, giving them multiple guides in the first few minutes with different ideas of what's more important will just make that first day hell.

2. Is there a tying theme?
-If there isn't one tying theme, the reader won't know what to follow. Remember it's a new world. Dump someone without even a map, and they'll have no idea what to do, where they're going, or if this is even something they want to be a part of.

3. Does the dialogue sound natural? Does it flow?
-Would the character being portrayed actually say this?
Ex. "Police department, Madam we believe that we detained your daughter on robbery felony at the mall and we want her parents to come to take her"
Correction. "Good evening Mame, this is the Balboa County Police Department. We picked up your daughter at the mall after she was accused of shoplifting. We would appreciate it if you could come by and pick her up."

Rosendorn wrote a review...

Heya.

I skimmed this a bit, and every place I looked at I found myself asking "why should I care?"

Throughout a story, but especially in the beginning, you have to work at making readers care about the situation at hand. Don't just toss us in a situation and hope that we take the time to read and figure out what's going on and why we should care. Show us why we should care, and give us enough information so we understand.

This principle is key for making readers sit through a story. Right now, I have no reason to sit through it. You start off with the alps, which looks like a description at first but almost turns into insane rambling because the event isn't grounded in a character, a situation, or any emotions. It's too vague. And the punctuation (there should only be one mark) doesn't help.

The start of chapter one is also vague. "Her mother" is not a description to hit us with right from the start. "Her" has no person to relate back to; it just leaves readers frustrated that we still don't know who this story is about. If you had explained "her" in the introduction, remember that not everybody reads an introduction (I didn't, in this case). You should have the story self-conained from chapter 1.

Overall, really make us care. Ground this in a setting, and context. Once you do that, you'll be well on your way.

PM me if you have any questions or comments.

~Rosey

freewritersavvy wrote a review...

I would not mind reading this except;

1.) Your alignment is off making it extremely hard to read!

2.) I mean this in a nice way...LAY OFF THE DOTS! (I love dots especially three in a row but, you have to many of those! I seriously do love... but only when applicable.)

3.) Punctuation...

But for HOW LONG???!!!

This is completely unnecessary, and anything but proper! If you want to stress a point try writing it with more emotion. Do not double the punctuation marks it only takes away from the story! It may be fine to do the when writing an email but it is not okay when writing anything else!

In conclusion; Space it, punctuate it correctly, and then I will reread it. As it is now it is not worth reading past the first few lines.

~FW~

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.