z

Young Writers Society



On Barbed Wings

by IronRose


On Barbed Wings

By Iron Rose

What do you get when a fallen angel gets another chance to redeem himself or herself? This story is about a Devil that was given second chances on the Earth too redeem himself…but there is a girl that might be trouble for him. Here is his story starting from the past.

“Teivl, you have been fallen for 3,000 years and now it is time for your last chance at redemption if you accept. Do you accept this chance?” said the Gatekeeper as he read out of the Book of Law.

“Yes Gatekeeper I accept this chance to gain my honor and life.” Said the dragon winged shadow.

A large door faded into few and then the wooden door opened and a bright light shined through the door. The shadow’s wings disappeared and it took on the shape of a young man. The new man walked through the door and disappeared from view.

“Good luck Teivl you are going to need it. NEXT!” said the Gatekeeper as the next shadow walked up to him and he started the process again.

Liv Karina was a 16-year-old girl who was new in town. She was 5’9 thin and fair skinned. Her jet-black hair went down to her mid back and her slightly tilted eyes were almond shaped and sapphire blue. She wore a short sleeve black shirt and a pair of worn jeans and white shoes. She also wore a four point star necklace that was made of pure deep emerald on a silver chain.

Liv was looking out of the window of the SUV at the new high school she would be attending.

“I will see you at three o’ clock OK honey?” said her mother from the driver seat.

“OK three o’ clock it is.” Said Liv without even looking at her mom.

“Make sure to make lots of friends, goodbye Hun.” Said Liv’s mom then she kissed Liv on the forehead and ushered her out and left.

Liv walked on slowly watching the rest of the kids like a hawk. The day past uneventfully and as she was walking out of the school she heard a boy laughing maniacally behind her.

"So you are the new kid eh? Well why don't we show you a bit of hospitality." said the laughing voice.

Liv turned to see a tall muscular boy with short cropped blond hair. He had a smile that was ear to ear and there where to more shorter boys a few steps behind him with the same hair cut but they had black hair.

She turned back to run but was stopped by the blond haired boy who grabbed her shoulders and held her still.

"Whoa where are you off too so quickly girl?" said the large boy as he turned her around.She kicked him in the shin and he let her go with a growl and she started to run. she heard the thumping of the bigger kids feet on the ground. She tripped over a rock and fell to the ground then rolled over to see the boys over her again looking down on her with angry eyes and the blond one pulled his hand back. She closed her eyes and waited to the blows but none came as she opened one eye she saw the back of a smaller boy in a black leather trench coat and jeans with thick black boots that had iron plates on top of them. 

Then she saw that he had long maroon hair and one earring that matched her necklace but it was made of a black onyx stone. He also had a small thin chain that went from his back pocket to the inside of his shirt. The chain gave a dull gleam in the sun that was not of steel or silver.He was also wearing black leather gloves that also had iron plates on them.

She also saw that he had his arm up and had the larger boy's fist in a white knuckle grip. The smaller boy started to twist the larger boy's arm and pulled him down then gave him a swift sidekick to the face and then let go so the boy fell to the ground with a thud. The other two where shocked at the change of events that another charged Liv's savior and fell with another thud gasping for air after taking an uppercut to the diaphragm. The crimson headed boy spun quickly and pulled part of the chain off and started to spin it around above his head as the boys ran away he snapped it like a whip after them.

 

The boy put the chain in his sleeve and started to walk away from Liv like nothing out of the ordinary just happened. Liv realized that her mouth was slightly agate. She closed her mouth and started to run after the maroon haired fighter.

" Hey wait up!" yelled Liv as she started to catch up with the black clad boy.

The boy stopped walking and turned his head to look over his shoulder at Liv and slightly grinned at her. "I'm waiting for my ride so I guess I can talk for a bit." said the boy as he turned around to look straight at Liv.

 

Liv noticed his eyes where maroon like his hair.

 

" Thanks for well...what you just did. What is your name?" Asked Liv

 

" My name is Teivl Bakkar. And what is yours, young lady?" Said the boy in a interested tone.

 

"Liv...Liv Karina I am new here if you could not guess." Said Liv gesturing to the school

 

" Well so am I so we have that in common." Said Teivl with a small grin

 

" So what is the chain for anyway Teivl? Is it a weapon or a look or both?" asked Liv as she eyed the thin chain

 

" It is nether actually but it does play a large role in my life I can say that much." Said Tivel as he thumbed the chain

 

" So what is it for?" Asked Liv again

 

" Well lets just say it keeps me inconspicuous."  He awnsered while pulling the chain tight.

A black,slick sports car pulled up. The windows tinted so dark you could not see inside it.

 

" Well there is my ride Liv I will talk to you later.” Tivel said. He walked off without another word and got into the car. But just before that Liv though that she saw the skin of his back crawl and it made her skin crawl. The black car zoomed off so fast that Liv flinched at the roar of the engine.

Liv’s mom pulled up in her white SUV and called Liv over to her. Liv got into the passenger seat and buckled her seatbelt when her mom turned the radio down.

“So did you make any new friends today Liv?” Mai said to Liv. Mai is Liv’s mom.

“I think I did mom…I think I did.” Said Liv in a dreamy voice.

“I bet it is a nice sports boy right?” Mai teased Liv

Liv just sat there and watched the world go by. Drifting into the embrace of sleep.

Liv was standing in a large round room with two doors at both ends. She felt cold and scared. Both doors ripped open with a force so great Liv felt the air being displaced by them. Out of the darkness flew hundreds of shadows that started to surround her. She tried to scream but nothing came out.

Suddenly she felt arms embracing her. Strong and protective she then felt her feet leave the ground. Air rushing by,ripping at her clothes and hair. She looked up to see the face of whoever saved her and saw a jet black face with red eyes and snow white hair. She then saw that the figure was flying with the use of two black angel wings but on closer inspection she saw that they had small claw like protusions coming out of the top of them like a bat's wings.They flew off into the moonlight then it looked at her and opened its mouth as if to say something...

A loud beeping scared Liv so much she fell out of bed and hit the floor hard.

"Stupid alarm clock." Liv mumbled under her breath as she stood up and slammed her hand down on the reset button.Liv went off to dress for the day. She threw on a tee shirt and worn jeans and brushed her hair. She grabbed her backpack as she walked out the front door. She climbed into the white SUV and they where off. It was a silent ride to the High School. Liv stepped out of the car and started to walk to the front door when she heard her mom call from behind her.

Her mom cought up with her and pulled her off to the side.

" I forgot to tell you that I have to work late tonight so you need to catch the bus. Ok?" Mai told Liv

" Ok Mom I will." Liv said as she hugged her mom good-bye and walked off into the school. Yet again another unevent full day. She was rushing to the buses when she saw her bus pull out. She yelled in frusteration since now she had no way of getting home.

"Hello again Liv." Came a familiar voice from behind Liv.

She turned to see Teivl standing there smiling at her.

" No ride eh? Well how about I walk you home then." Teivl offered his hand to Liv.

" But I hardly even know you Teivl how can I trust you with my safety?" Liv told him

" I saved you yesterday did I not? But if you wish to find your own way you may do so. Farwell." Teivl said as he turned on his heels and walked off.

"Wait!" Yelled Liv after him

He stoped and turned around to look at her.

" I guess You could walk me home but no funny bussness or I call the police on you. Got it?" Liv told him stiffly

" As you wish M'lady." Teivl replied and they walked off towards Liv's house.It was dark and only dimly lit As they walked for what seemed like fourty five minutes when Liv heard the unmistakeable sound of a gun being cocked.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.






You can earn up to 294 points for reviewing this work. The amount of points you earn is based on the length of the review. To ensure you receive the maximum possible points, please spend time writing your review.

Is this a review?


  

Comments



Random avatar

Points: 1455
Reviews: 1

Donate
Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:11 am
IronRose says...



It is not a large update but it is what I got so far so enjoy. :mrgreen:


“ Well well boys, Here is the hero again why don’t we teach him a lession.” Said the familiar voice of the large boy from the day before.

Liv’s body froze at the sound of the voice and all the blood raced to her feet. She felt an arm grab her wrist and pull her towards the voice.

“I think I will be taking the little fox here for a spin tonight then you can have her back how does that sound hero?” The largest of the boys said with dark glee in his voice.

Teivl turned around and stood inches from the end of the barrel of the six shot peacemaker that was leveled to his forehead.

“ What do you was John?” Teivl said calmly as if the gun was not there.

“How did you know my name?” Said John

“Let her go John.” Teivl said as he thumbed at the chain.

Liv took this pause and used it to her advantage and drug her heel down John’s shin and stomped on his toes causing him to let her go. She ran off and heard the hammer cock back then fire six times but did not feel anything. When she turned around the boys where gone but on the ground in front of the point where the gun barrel had been Teivl lay motionless in a pool of red. She screamed and ran over to him to elevate his head while she called for help.

The world seemed too blur as she held him till the ambulance came and took them both away to the hospital. Liv screamed and fought the hands that where grabbing her when she felt the cold steel of the needle enter her arm and everything went dark. The last thing she saw was Teivl’s blood covered trench coat shift as if it was crawling.



Feel free to leave advice :D




Random avatar

Points: 1455
Reviews: 1

Donate
Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:09 pm
IronRose says...



Ok thanks guys! I will work on the things that are listed here. :D I will post an update soon I am going through bid tests right now is school so give me a bit.




Random avatar

Points: 1503
Reviews: 1

Donate
Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:43 pm
Unruhe wrote a review...



Hi! This is really interesting and I love anything to do with angels.
Just a couple of things

A large door faded into few and then the wooden door opened and a bright light shined through the door. The shadow’s wings disappeared and it took on the shape of a young man. The new man walked through the door and disappeared from view.


What do you mean by "faded into few"? Do you mean faded into view? If that's the case then it doesn't really make sense because if something is fading it's disappearing, not appearing. Maybe I just didn't read it correctly, if that's the case, then just ignore me. :) Also I think you use the word "door" too much in this paragraph - you say it three times in one sentence and it really obstructs the flow of the story as well as being a bit confusing - you only really need to say it once. e.g.

A large door appeared and opened, a bright light shining through it.

Also this bit:


Liv Karina was a 16-year-old girl who was new in town. She was 5’9 thin and fair skinned. Her jet-black hair went down to her mid back and her slightly tilted eyes were almond shaped and sapphire blue. She wore a short sleeve black shirt and a pair of worn jeans and white shoes. She also wore a four point star necklace that was made of pure deep emerald on a silver chain.


It's a nice description but it just seems a bit random and out of place. Is there a way you could maybe introduce her in a more natural way and describe her more gradually rather than all in this block of text? It's just a bit jarring and doesn't flow with the rest of the text.

her mouth was slightly agate.


Do you mean agape? Could just be a typo, but you never know.

Other than that I suggest you proof read it because I noticed some other small error e.g. "too" instead of "to".

The punctuation in some of you dialogue is a bit iffy too and you need to use commas in some places. E.g.

" It is nether actually but it does play a large role in my life I can say that much."


Becomes:

" It is nether actually, but it does play a large role in my life. I can say that much."

One last thing is that the dialogue seems a bit unnatural and forced in places and quite unrealistic/formal. I recommend you read through it and just think about how you and your friends talk or whatever and try and transfer it to your writing to make it as real and believable as possible. When you're reading a book you want to get lost in its world and forget that you're reading at all so it's important that the writing flows and the dialogue is natural.

I know I've written a lot but you sound like you have a really exciting plot and just a few basic things and tidying up will make this even better. I look forward to reading more of this! Keep it up :smt003




User avatar
102 Reviews


Points: 8230
Reviews: 102

Donate
Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:47 pm
Sionarama says...



Interesting post! I want to see what happens next! I think you should have put this in fantasy or romantic fiction. But keep on writng!





Perhaps one did not want to be loved so much as to be understood.
— George Orwell, 1984