Life of a politician

by ForeverYoung299

I couldn't shed a tear that day

It all dried up that day.

My body stood still

My heart couldn't feel

The shock that I got

When they shot

The dearest one in my life

The securities just like bee

Came out of the hive

Just the joke to see. 

Is it really a joke?

A person can not be a joke!

Is ‘humanity’ a game?

It's seriously a matter of shame

That the present condition of politics

Is worse than the past world wars

Which shook the world.

pineapple321 wrote a review...

Hi!

I enjoyed reading this, it's an interesting way to talk about politics. You used an analogy that I found interesting.

I was a little confused with the part "when they shot". Who was being shot, I think that would be something good to ease into your poem. Of course, this is a suggestion, I'm not forcing you or anything!

My favorite line was "Is ‘humanity’ a game?". How in the world did you come up with that? Throughout the poem, it shows character and your feelings about politices.

I hope you keep writing!

Signed,

Pineapples

Thanks for the review

KenniferLayy wrote a review...

This is quite realistic not gonna lie, it kind of shows the turmoil with the mood you created with several poetic devices associated with sound. Although, I don't get one thing in the poem's story actually, is the bee hive and everything else implying to someone getting shot?
I am still trying to understand the poem a little by little, but overall I really like your poem writing style.

Thanks for the review! By the hive, I meant a building near the incident place.

KenniferLayy says...

Ohhhhh, got it, thanks!!! :)

Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again.
— James R. Cook