12+

Only If ~ A Song For Those Who Are Going Through Betrayel

by CapybarasAndCoffee

I wish.. I wish… I wish…

You promised that you’d be nicer you told me that you’d get better but now here I am crying a sea of tears.

You told me some hurtful things that will never leave my brain.

People say maybe you’ll get better people say maybe he’ll be nicer.

Why is it always maybe why is it never will be why is it always 99 and never a hundred.

Why is it that no matter what I say or do somehow you'll find a way to hurt me.

I’m tired of saying I wish, why can’t it be it is,

Only if

Only if

Only if

Finally you apologize and you say give one more try I want to but I’m to hurt to help you.

But if i reject you’ll get mad and say I’m giving up on you, and then back to the cycle of abuse.

People say give him another try people say he might get better in time

Why is it that no matter what I say or do somehow someway you’ll find a way to hurt me.

I’m tired of saying I wish why can’t it be it is,

Only if

Only if

Only if

I dream of how it could be if you’d only do what you’re supposed to

I look around at other families and wonder why me?

Why does this have to be

Only if

Only if

Only if

Why can’t it ever be it is, why can’t you ever just be nice, why can’t you ever just think twice, why can’t I do anything right?Only if

Only if

Only if

Only if

Only If

dm74 wrote a review...

This is very well written and thought out. It's relatable to many people going through not only relationships, but also friendships where the other person doesn't give 100 percent. I've been through many of these types of friendships and relationships where I wanted more from someone who wasn't capable of giving me what I needed.

“I'd much rather be someone's shot of whiskey than everyone's cup of tea.”
— Carrie Bradshaw