z

Young Writers Society


16+

Not Yours Anymore

by AkiraEliza


Warning: This work has been rated 16+.

You talk so dirty, but you love so sweet

quit throwin’ flowers at my feet

I’m with someone new, so just subdue

I’ll be here forever, ever, ever

~

Yeah, late at night sittin’ tight, askin’ you if you feel alright, you tell me to go away, but I want to stay, you put your hands on me, but that ain’t how it works no more, now you have no choice to watch me wall out that door, but . . .

~

Roses on my bed, seeds in my hair

Sunflower petals, too many to bear

Don’t care for apples, but I like flowers

But I have to say never, ever, ever

~

Keep talkin’ to me nasty, your emotions change so vastly, you only know me by the way I just “let it go” but that ain’t me, and it’ll soon be to the point where you see, but I know . . .

~

Your heart got thorns, your lips cover teeth

Bite me hard, it’s what’s underneath

I’ll cut em off, but I have another love

I want her, want her, want her (a̶n̶d̶ y̶o̶u̶)

~

You’re too late now, I belong to someone else, no, my love for her ain’t false, you think that and I’ll sock you, but I don’t know what to do, I love her, but I love you too, I don’t want two, but I want you, and I’ve had enough of new . . .

~

She’s with me, but your wax be on my heart

Pain so fun to watch, it’ll all fall apart

Don’t need to replace, you’re the one who wanted space

NOW you love me? Alright, fine, fine, fine

~

You pull away from me and expect me to let it go as always? I think about you, at home, outside, in school hallways, I know I shouldn’t, I think of her too, But I know that my heart belongs to you, I don’t want to split it, I don’t want to choose, if I keep my feelings under lock and key, I know there’s nothing for me to lose!

~

Back and forth, swear to God it’s a switch

We can’t love at the same time, what a bitch

Never had dragon fruit, but I’ve had a rose thats rude

Don’t you ever, ever ever let go

~

My God, my love for you faded, and I fell for her quick, but you suddenly tell me you love me? It’s making me sick, but not in a bad way, I just want you both to stay, okay? Can it be that way forever? I don’t want to sever! I can’t be with you while I’m with her, alright? You made your bed, now you have no choice but to sit tight.

~

I’ll love you but then you won’t love me

As soon as I stop, you’re back to “it’s meant to be!”

Arguing all night, then we hold each other tight

You’re just my type, my type, my type, alright!?

~

I’ll never get with you. I’ve decided. My heart will belong to her, but I’ll keep you close, because you’re the one who knows me the most. Don’t let it get into your head, remember, the words “I love you platonically" were once said, and they were said by none other than you, so I gave up on you and went for her, and maybe that’s better, I don’t know, but we’re done, we’re through, but by my side is where I want you.

~

You talk so dirty, but you love so sweet

quit throwin’ flowers at my feet

I’m with someone new, so just subdue

I’ll be here forever, ever, ever


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.






You can earn up to 137 points for reviewing this work. The amount of points you earn is based on the length of the review. To ensure you receive the maximum possible points, please spend time writing your review.

Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
20 Reviews


Points: 731
Reviews: 20

Donate
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:26 pm
View Likes
KaavyaK wrote a review...



This is a lovely poem written by the author.

"You talk so dirty, but you love so sweet
quit throwin’ flowers at my feet
I’m with someone new, so just subdue
I’ll be here forever, ever, ever."
Love is an amazing feeling. Love associates two souls everlasting and makes the world a beautiful spot for them.

This poem about two lovers and their love is well described by the author, each and every paragraph tells the readers how divine and delicate the matter of love is.
Nicely done.

Keep it up.
Waiting for more.
Thank you.




User avatar


Points: 49
Reviews: 1

Donate
Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm
View Likes
yafikwrites says...



Nice poem. Recognizable tone and theme.
However, some imagery or vivid scenarios would help build on how well the poem will grip the reader's attention.
How does he/she talk dirty?
How do they love sweetly?




AkiraEliza says...


fair point! but the whole idea is to be vague. thanks for the feedback!



AkiraEliza says...


although, might I remind you, multiple examples are put in there, she talks dirty with the arguing and nasty words, but she loves sweetly with flowers and "I love you"s.




The heavens laugh with you in your jubilee; my heart is at your festival.
— William Shakespeare