The Adventures of Rose Hood Chapter 36: The Gathering Sin

by keeperofgaming

Warning: This work has been rated 16+ for violence.

Wrath POV

That little kid infuriates me. I can’t destroy the world if she becomes the core. The fact that both other lies support her doesn’t help.

“Sloth seems to be an enemy.”

“Mistress Sloth aligned with the lie?”

“Yes, I want you to enslave her with this enhanced one. It would work on even an awakened shard.”

“Will it work on a merge?”

“Yes, now go and capture her.”

“Yes, Mistress Wrath.”

The Demon King left, and I turned to my sister.

“Pride, what do you think about my offer.”

“Making you the core again? There has been some skepticism in your ability to garner fear since Innocence made a fool of you during the meeting.”

“Innocence is too innocent to understand the monster she angered.”

“I agree, but I would say that we should postpone the merging ‘til you actually defeat her.”

“What?”

“The thing is, you used to be the core, then we were torn apart by the others. Many are skeptical of your leadership skills, so we agreed that we will align ourselves with whoever wins.”

“You little-”

“Don’t get me wrong, Wrath. I have no want to serve a lie. I can assure you that I will aid you in winning.”

“Won’t that impact my image.”

“Au contrair, my presence in aiding will show that you can even inspire us to work with you.”

“You have a point.”

“Indeed, I hate that she felt shame when looking at our actions. We should be proud of our deeds, and she mocked me.”

“Agreed, let’s demolish the child, but a quick question, what do you get out of the deal?”

“I only want revenge for her making a mockery of us.”

“I see, can we count on any other shards?”

“Envy seems envious of the child.”

“Good, if we can strike with 3, even they won’t be able to fight back.”

“I’ll look and see if anyone else will join.”

“Thank you, Pride.”

“No problem, Wrath.”

_

Side Benevolence

‘Selethon will be invaded soon. Innocence is there, I need to get there.’

‘Why did you contact me? I hate war.’

‘Peace, listen, we need to help our sister, because the sins are gathering for an invasion and if we don’t help, then she will be merged with Wrath and this world is doomed.’

‘What will I do?’

‘Help us.’

‘*sigh* Fine... but I won’t fight, I will only heal.’

‘Thank you, meet me in Selethon’s capital, but hide your presence.’

‘I’m not an idiot. Of course, I’ll hide it.’

‘Talk to you there.’

‘Alright.’

“Lady Benevolence, where are you going?”

“One of my kin is in danger, I must help them.”

“I see. My lady, may we aid you in this fight.”

“You can. Gather the fighters.”

“A battle?”

“Wrath is making a move.”

“Then we must stop her.”

“Indeed. We move at sunset.”

“Yes, M’lady.”

_

Side Gluttony

“Alright, Wrath is making a move, what do you think we should do?”

In the room with me was Greed and Lust, we all met up in an effort to decide our movements.

“Let’s stay out of it and swoop in after the fight.”

“We would get so many souls that way.”

Lust sighed,

“Of course, you two would be more interested in power than which one of us gets to be core, but I agree, we should stay out, but instead we save and gain the loyalty of everyone.”

“That’s a good idea, they will give us so much.”

“Even food maybe.”

“Well, Wrath or Pride will likely reach out to us, just say that we are sitting this one out.”

“Do you think Envy will make a move?”

“I don’t know. She’s too much of a wildcard to predict, then again, Innocence seemed rather fun to watch during the meeting, and her mini body was so adorable.”

“Who do you think will win?”

“I don’t know, it’s obvious that the Lies will come to aid her, but the sins are stronger than the lies. The biggest mystery is what Sloth will do.”

“Yeah, I certainly was not expecting her to align with Innocence, and she bothered calling her by her name too.”

“Rose, I actually heard of her, didn’t realize it was Innocence at the time, however.”

“Rose, the dragon.”

“I can harvest so much meat from her corpse.”

They looked at me.

“What? It’s an actual body, when she’s merged, it won’t fade, so I can harvest from it.”

“You are a special person, Gluttony.”

“Aw thanks.”

“*sigh*”

“What?”

_

Side Envy

I’m so jealous, everyone is having so much fun. That blasted Innocence even got a name and a body.

Why couldn’t I get that?

Pride met with me, and I denied joining the attack. I was going to move on my own. I could probably enter her body and win. I would just pretend to be her, and no one would know the better.

If I became the core, we’d be so strong, but no one even considered me. I was the strongest and they all overlooked me.

The Wildcard, The Beggar. They’ve all called me that, do they not know why I don’t look like royalty like the rest of them?

It’s because I am stronger. I don’t need cultists, armies, or anything. I know this, but whenever I look at them,

I just get so so so jealous.

It’s a curse, I need to eat something, but I have no hunger, then I see Gluttony eating away!

So Jealous.

The others have personalities, emotions, friends.

I have none.

I will either take it for myself or destroy it all.

I’m not Greed, who wants to control everything.

I am Envy, I will be equal, whether I improve, or others fall.

RavenAkuma wrote a review...

Hello (Again), My Friend!

It's me, Raven, and I'd like to review the next chapter in this great story using my Familiar method! Let's dive in, shall we? Heh heh heh...

What The Black Eyes See...

Ah, we got a chapter from the perspective of some of the shards! This is awesome, I loved being able to read who's joining up with who, and their reasoning for it! Let's get into the details though.

Where The Dagger Points...

I didn't find anything to put here this time. Good writing job ~

Why The Grin Widened...

Starting with Wrath, it's easy to see how she has the most potential to be the "final boss" of the shards. Not only is that appropriate given she's Wrath, but the fact that she's plotting to use Pride and demons, and wants to trap Rose and Sloth somehow, already has me anticipating trouble.

Though it didn't come as a huge surprise that Peace and Benevolence are willing to support Innocence, the fact that the lies are weaker than the sins, and it seems like at least Peace is unwilling to actually put up a fight, you can't help wondering if it'll be enough.

Envy sounds intriguing, even though making a move on her own sounds like it'll result in failure and one less pawn for Wrath to use. I do love her character though, how she's inherently jealous of everything (understandably lol), and how she sounds lonely and vain even in comparison to the other shards.

So with that, I'm keeping my eye on Gluttony, Greed, and Lust. I feel like they're straddling the line right now, and they could fall one way or the other -and like Sloth, it could be for a minor and maybe even ridiculous reason. That gives them a sense of unpredictability, and I'm curious to see who wins, who fails, and where everyone winds up.

Our Mad Thoughts...

Overall, great chapter, nicely done! :D

Hello there, human! I'm reviewing using the YWS S'more Method today!

Shalt we commence with the review?

Top Graham Cracker - Wrath and Pride ask Envy to join them, but she rejects, planning her own way. Gluttony, Lust, and Greed stay neutral for the time being, and Peace and Benevolence swoop in to help Rose and Sloth.

Slightly Burnt Marshmallow - I’d like to see more of Envy, but I’m sure that will come in other chapters. This one is fine, I like this.

Chocolate Bar - I thought that Wrath would be the main threat, but when it turns over to Envy…wow, just wow. She’s completely overlooked in the Sins, but it makes sense for her to be stronger. She is Envy after all, and more people are guilty of the Sin. I’m excited to see what she has planned.

Closing Graham Cracker - Envy takes only her own side, and plans to strike when least expected, lurking in the corners, waiting to snatch away Rose and become the core. The world is in danger, they’ve all got to be careful.

I wish you a wonderful day/night! :>

Have you met a cow or another large animal?
— Liminality