Poem by me, dog

by MargoSeuss

I wag my tail because master is happy

I’m happy too

Master got pretty new carpet

sniff sniff sniff sniff sniff sniff

Can I eat what master eats?

Master says no

I think I will poop on his carpet

Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:39 am
yakitsa wrote a review...

Gosh!
You were...PERFECT!
Maybe you should become a dog whisperer or something...you just understand dogs so well...
So, about the poem.
It was hilarious and I was grinning throughout the poem, but I'm not sure a dog would consider a carpet pretty. Maybe, but I'm not sure.

I like the way you've pictured how a dog talks.

( Check out my new poem - Confessions of a Teenage Know-It-All
whenever you are free)

miley wrote a review...

hey!

before going in the details of the poems i want to know what did you think while/before writing the poem. this poem does actually captures the heart. i bet you saw your dog (a close one's)

but really the poem is very nice. it did tickle me in the right place! i had a constant smile while reading it.

and yes dogs do smell things but only to eat or chew them and if they like it they wont spoil it by pooping on it

great work! keep up the spirit!

and just as i say -

keep dreaming! keep writing!

TakeThatYouFiend wrote a review...

Just one question, "HOW DO YOU KNOW MY DOG???"
This, poemet, really captures that doggie essence. I think it could be longer, and I shall give tips for making it so. Firstly, have a few single word sentences each as a different smell the dog identifies.
Just as an asside, I do not think a dog would think of a carpet as pretty. Smelly perhaps. Or tasty. Or soft. Something along those lines. Not pretty.
Another thing you could do to make the piece longer is to start a sort of persistent chain, sort of the repetition in a dogs life.
Yours in reviewing,
The Fiend.

Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:44 am
eleutheromania wrote a review...

This is really funny. The silliness of this made me smile and I'm really glad I happened upon it. I like everything about this poem, the fluidity, the characterization, the contradiction, and the ridiculous hilarity of it. This kind of made my day a lot happier and I think that the power you have in making poetry (something so often tragic, opinionated, and gut-wrenching) is really wonderful. Please keep writing and trying ingenuitive forms of expressing yourself through prose and poems.

Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:22 pm
R0nnie wrote a review...

.

MargoSeuss says...

dog here. thank for review, human. it make dog very happy. why it take you so long to spell 'I?' that is easiest human word. i think dog will chew human sock now. okay bye.

Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:20 pm
Sweetie wrote a review...

Hey! This is Sweet and I going to review this! :)

This is an interesting piece.

I have never read anything like it, so that good. This is really hard to review.

But, this piece is short and sweet! That's all I really have to say....

Sorry its so short! I cant wait to read some more of your work!

Have a nice day!

~Sweet

I don't have much knowledge about marsupials.
— ForeverYoung