z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone Language

Dear Whoever.

by RedApril29th


Please note that this was written in haste. I know the things within are poorly written but I could care less. These are things that have swollen my heart. This is what I had planned to write for my suicide of which I never completed. Please don't judge for my suicidle tendencies, thank you.

Dear Mom,

I never understood why you hated me so much. I can see the regret in your eyes when you stare at me, a fake smile plastered on your face. Was I your biggest mistake? I feel as if I was. You’ve never given me the same love as you have your boyfriends or even my older sister.

You call me names and tell me I can’t do anything right. You blame me for the way our lives are. It is my fault that we are where we are, homeless with no money, you without a job, me in trouble with truancy.

You resent me for my aggression that I never had until recently. You blame me, yet I blame you. Had we not been arguing that day, we wouldn’t be where we are. You’d called me a whore and snapped me on the inside. I used to just cry. Now I hit. I scream. I beg for an end. I hope you’re happy as you read this, that I am forever gone. I had never understood why you blamed me. I had not asked to be born, to be brought into such a cruel unjust world.

You hate me for everything I have done. You only tell people of my mistakes, not of my accomplishments. You will no longer need to worry about my failures shattering your already imperfect image. You no longer need to worry about feeding me or buying me clothes. I will be lost within history.

Please, do not mourn for me. You do not deserve to shed a tear for my loss. I was unwanted from the start, only a mistake, a punishment for your behaviors. To you, this should be a relief. You are granted freedom as I depart from the cold and harsh treatment of this place we call society.

Flying freely,

Your Daughter.

Dear Dad,

You have caused me endless pain. Maybe even more than the torture of my mother’s evil glares, filled with dismay at what her life had become. She had at least kept me, even if it were only for the money she received from you.

I was forced to move in with you after not spending the night with you for seven years. I loved you dearly but you couldn’t open your eyes and see that your girlfriend was going to shred the possibilities of a relationship between us. You were never a father to me, even when you tried. You yourself are just a child.

By the time you read this I am long gone. My mother will probably hold off on telling you, not to spare your feelings, but to show she has power over information you never had. You never called me the same names as my mother did but when you looked at me, I knew what you were thinking. I didn’t fit into your perfect family unit, a family of four. I was the fifth addition, a forced cause. I was the ruin of your perfection. I was you – a girl version, of course. The same hazel eyes, round face, short stature. You could see yourself in me, me making the same mistakes you had. It wasn’t that I was ruining myself that bothered you, it was only that I was causing your family issues.

You stopped speaking to me after I snapped and started hitting your girlfriend. I don’t remember it very much. She had mentioned my faults and I kept telling her to shut up, yet she didn’t know how to keep her mouth closed. So, I got up and started throwing fists. I don’t regret what I did. She is the reason I am fatherless.

Dad, please… Be your own person, not her slave. I had loved you until you turned your back to me, over someone who didn’t share your own blood – someone who didn’t even love you.

Not that it matters,

Your Daughter.

Dear Remie,

You were my first love. You broke me down and made sure I could never trust as easily as I had. You called me fat and told me I was a whore. Yet every time the simple words, ‘I love you’, came from your lips, I only fell for you more.

You pushed me around physically and mentally, leaving bruises on my body from your (supposed to be) playful hits and pinches. You never cared what your friends did to me, even if they touched me places that only you should’ve been near.

You wouldn’t take no as an answer and hated me when I made you. That night under the stars, walking hand in hand, was one of my worsts. I remember that I sat down and you kept trying to put your hand in my pants. I told you no, that I wasn’t ready for that yet. You didn’t stop. I held my pants shut with my hand, yet you did the childish move of biting my hand until I released and opened to your own hand. Not only did you break my pride, you bragged to your friends. Yet, I still stuck around, stricken with rosemary goggles, blocking the pain you caused my feeble soul.

I know that as you read this, you won’t really care. After all, we are young and hopeless. It was all a game to you, twisting my emotions to fit your needs. I cannot hate you, nor feel the same love as I did with the rosemary goggles. I hope to live on in your memory forever, to taunt you and remind you of the pain you caused me.

You were the reason I had begun to cut the first time. You had never called me a whore meaningfully until the day I turned away. I had started my period and wouldn’t let you touch me. You told me I was a whore and took off. I still remember the exact words you spoke to me on the stairs in front of your house, your arm holding me close to your warm body.

“What they say doesn’t matter. You’re not a whore. Only what I say matters, okay?” Words I will never forget.

Always will love you,

Your Broken Ex Girlfriend,

Dear Bobby,

I never understood why you loved me. I did in fact love you back even though I didn’t show it. You waited for me, comforted me, even when I was with Remie. You told me I’d only get hurt, that he was a bad choice. I wish that I’d listened to you before I fell for him.

My worst mistake was choosing him over you. I am an average girl, I suppose. I chose the asshole over the sweet and sensitive guy. I know that tonight you told me you wouldn’t know what to do without me but I want you to know that you’ll be okay. You’ll make it, unlike me.

Keep me in your memory, don’t let my words and soul die, I beg of you.

Watching over you,

Your Love.

To all of those who pushed me,

I know that you never meant for things to go this far. I know that you had problems of your own, pain of your own. I am the third Fort student to go in the past year and a half. First two were Scotty and Hunter. Now, I am gone as well. I know that I will be forgotten within time, as Scotty and Hunter were. I am okay with that, none of you deserve to carry on my memory. None of you deserve to mourn for someone you only hurt.

Though I shouldn’t single you out, Destiny and Anna, I will. Anna, you made my life a living hell. You constantly reminded me of my major mistake that caused this all, with your ex boyfriend. I had tried to make amends with you, to apologize and admit I was wrong, but you denied me. You told the school what I had done, laughing as they called me a whore. My first day you called me an ‘IT’. You always were calling me things like that and even a slut, whore, or bitch. Destiny, you mocked me and made fun of me as often as possible. You told people I smelt like cat piss and that I never brushed my hair. I shower and I brush my hair, yet you still make rumors. When we fought you bloodied my nose because I’d just gotten it pierced and assumed you’d won. You bragged and thought that it gave you the right to push me around even more, to call me names, yet to hate me when I called you named back. My blood is on both of your hands.

Lost,

The Forgotten One.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
378 Reviews


Points: 3775
Reviews: 378

Donate
Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:04 pm
Omni wrote a review...



So, I'm here to review!

This will be more a comment than a review, just to get this out of the green room, so bear with me here ;). So my name is Quest, and I've been where you've been before. the thoughts of suicide are a dark and gripping one, but I assure you, it's not the way to go! There's always someone who's worse than you are, no matter how bad you are.

Now onto the work.

Was I your biggest mistake? I feel as if I was.


This is some deep stuff, already at the beginning. I don't know about your life, but it says on your profile that your are 14. I don't know what gender you are, because I cannot find it right now, but (me going all philisophical here, don't judge meh) all people this age are having so many hormones running through their body all the time. All the time! So with those comes contradiction, the feeling that everyone is against you, that everyone hates you, but it's not true! Not at all! Trust me! I have been in a deep depression for 5 years, and with that comes the thought of suicide, but trust me, I have lost my sister, and it's not worth it to you. You are better than that!

Lost,

The Forgotten One.


I love this, as a piece of writing, although it may be real (I so hope that it isn't!) I am looking at it right now as if it was not, as if it is just a piece of fiction.

I like how you put in different letters, addressing others on different areas. It brings in more perspective to your pain, your anger, your betrayal, and your suicide.

I hope you haven't commited suicide. From the looks of it, you have posted on here after this, so I hope, hope, HOPE that you will reply to this, even if it is just telling me to screw off for the horrible review that I am giving you that didn't help you at all etc.

I hope this helped you. You are a great writer, from this at least, and I hope, even if you do not keep doing anything else, keep writing, because there is extreme potential, and that is not something I say to most. I have only said that to one or two people the entire time I have been on YWS, you included.

So I hope you live, and I want you to know that someone who doesn't know you, hasn't ever talked to you, loves you. Yes, I love you. Dearly. And I hope you feel this love. Because even the smallest love can bring people out of the depths of suicidial thoughts.

Sincerely,
Quest




User avatar
155 Reviews


Points: 2994
Reviews: 155

Donate
Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:59 am
Arcticus says...



But you write so well! Cheer up and do not think of ending your life again. 14! Watch it, you're gonna be someone someday.




RedApril29th says...


So they say!



User avatar


Points: 496
Reviews: 1

Donate
Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:02 pm
View Likes
Dynastyloves wrote a review...



IM not here to judge you im here to give you advice its your choice if you take it,, dont end your life or even think about ending your life just because people may taunt you as you get older you have to learn that when people called you names you ignored them you stayed strong through out all the hurt and pain you went through, ive never been in your boat but at times i do want to runaway from everything from the hurt the pain the worrie but i think back and see one person who will love me for me and thats what you should do.




RedApril29th says...


Thank you very much, Dynasty.



User avatar
163 Reviews


Points: 4987
Reviews: 163

Donate
Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:13 am
Kit says...



My darling, my darling, my darling. No matter how painful it gets, there is no need to take up arms to end your life, your life is always ending. In a year, a month, tomorrow even, you will be a different person with a different life. When you are at school and living at home, there isn't a lot you can change, and that sucks, but it is a comparatively small part of the life you will lead, you will have and be so much and leave all the little people who tried to pull you down stuck in their ugly little worlds. Be strong. You're almost through it.




RedApril29th says...


Thank you so much, Kit.



User avatar
15 Reviews


Points: 833
Reviews: 15

Donate
Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:01 am



Hello. :) Now I don't judge you for doing this at all. Only because I was in the same boat you were in, suicide. :) I lost my best-friend to it. And I almost gave up through it too, I was bullied and abused for most of my life but hey after about so many hits and falls you learn what the words "strive","perseverance", and "hope" mean. They become you.
But the reason why I am telling you this is because I feel you just exemplified a lot of courage in doing this, by showing and exposing something that caused you pain and has given you reasons to feel insecure and or helpless; which is harder for some to do than others, so, Thank you.
Your mom sounds like my mom, Ha! Oh how I loathe her most times, and that kid Bobby he reminds me of someone I know too! :D Lol
Well again no judgement, even if it is a suicide letter and is not meant for anything else in a sense, it was powerful.
Powerful in it being able to have me compel myself to think about the emotions and physical conditions that suicide and suicidal thoughts have on you, as a person.
Never be afraid to speak your mind and allow these emotions and passions illuminate your heart, because sometimes they could spark something greater than what was expected.
Well, just wanted to say something because I felt I needed too and that I just relate to this in so many was. :)

-Jay.xx.




RedApril29th says...


Thank you so much! I've been placed in Two Rivers in Raytown 5 times and it hasn't helped.. They keep sending me back and don't seem to get that it's not helping, and that it wont help.. Yet when I admit my depression is back, I get in TROUBLE for telling my mom.




“And how shall I think of you?' He considered a moment and then laughed. 'Think of me with my nose in a book!”
— Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell