z

Young Writers Society

LSS: Dungeons and Detectives OOC

272 Reviews

Reviews: 272
Mon May 13, 2024 9:15 pm
View Likes
RavenAkuma says...

@Tambo I like the idea! I don't personally think it's too heavy, though I'm not great with writing these themes so I'm not a great judge
~ "I am a writer. Therefore, I am not sane." ~

- Edgar Allan Poe

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Mon May 13, 2024 9:17 pm
View Likes
yoshi says...

i think it's great, although i don't know how comfortable the rest of the crew may be with writing about those topics
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Mon May 13, 2024 9:23 pm
View Likes
Tambo says...

It's ok if you don't want to do it. :D
“Oh, I wish I could, but I don't want to .” - Phobe Buffay

272 Reviews

Mon May 13, 2024 9:54 pm
View Likes
RavenAkuma says...

@Tambo As much as it's a seriously cool idea, and I would hope to see it developed, I'm just not confident in my own abilities to be contributing, and yoshi has a good point in that it may not be received well. Same reason I'm trying to hold back on anything gory, lol.

Tbh, right now, I'm thinking the paranormal investigations idea from @Plume would be the best for a roleplay format specifically. And maybe then, as was suggested, we could include aspects of our ideas into it, like a clipped angel from @yoshi's story, an urban legend creature, and even someone reminiscent of Siena? Of course we could refine it when we get into character creation lol.

Thoughts?

- Edgar Allan Poe

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Mon May 13, 2024 10:07 pm
View Likes
Tambo says...

Sure, my abbiltys to write paranormal stories are poor, though.
“Oh, I wish I could, but I don't want to .” - Phobe Buffay

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Mon May 13, 2024 10:26 pm
View Likes
Plume says...

@Tambo I think I'm going to agree with everyone that that might be a bit too heavy for a roleplay, particularly for LSS--- that isn't to say we can't have mentions of more serious topics, but I know personally for me, I wouldn't have much fun writing that story, which is generally the point of LSS as a fun competition! No worries if you aren't comfortable writing paranormal stuff; it's not my usual genre too, but that's what collaborations are for! If you really aren't comfortable though, we could maybe work something out?

And @RavenAkuma that sounds good! Here's maybe a bit more fleshed out idea (I tried to take a little something from each bit):

It takes place in a realm where all sorts of urban legends and paranormal creatures are real and our characters are all members of a group that's dedicated to them in some way (here I think we could go multiple routes... if people want to go the more traditional monster hunting route that could be fun, but I think it could be interesting if maybe we took the trope on its head and did something like "ethical removal" or even just studying them... or each of our characters could have their own reason for being there!) I like the idea too that maybe some of the more powerful ones are trying to break loose and our group has to defeat them somehow! And there's definitely room in there for angels like you said.

I also took the liberty of making a WFP, since those are always helpful and are a great place to just dump ideas + collaborate! Here's the link: https://plume.writerfeedpad.com/5
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.

272 Reviews

Mon May 13, 2024 10:43 pm
View Likes
RavenAkuma says...

@Tambo maybe there's a role less focused on the paranormal aspect then. Like, for example, there's usually a lot of writing where you have to establish who ghosts and cryptids (when applicable) were in their prior life and how they passed, and you seem great with writing character stories. I'm sure there's a good way to compromise here. And of course, if you're having trouble, we can try to help each other out as much as possible. We are a crew after all ^^

@Plume That looks great so far!! I like the idea of the goal being to detain and study the ghosts and cryptids, rather than "exercise" or kill them. I'll try to drop into the WFP soon too, thanks for making that ~

- Edgar Allan Poe

672 Reviews

Fri May 17, 2024 10:25 pm
View Likes
Plume says...

Hey all, just checking in! We've got some great brainstorming in the pad (thank you Raven and yoshi ^-^) but just to recap some of that here: we're looking at an independent group of paranormal investigators (likely somewhere in contemporary Midwest America, doesn't need to be too specific) who all have gotten involved in some way with their small investigation group. We've got some other murmurs of plot in the pad as well, but nothing too definite!

I think my next thing is getting settled on a title to I can 1) change the title of this here OOC thread, but also get our actual RP up and going! Then ofc comes characters and the like. We've got some title ideas going in the pad-- have you gotten a chance to take a peek @Tambo @RangerofIthilien? So far I'm really vibing with "Dutchman Paranormal Investigations" (Dutchman Paranormal could also be fun if we wanted to make it snappier) and also "Dungeons and Detectives"--- if anyone has other ideas feel free to contribute as well, but ideally we'll get a group consensus before officially deciding ^-^

(And I will say that while most of the planning has been going on in the pad, feel free to share any ideas you have here as well! It's called the OOC discussion for a reason :)

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Sat May 18, 2024 1:31 am
View Likes
yoshi says...

if we're voting.... im vibing with both names but obviously leaning toward the one i came up with :P
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sat May 18, 2024 1:35 am
View Likes
RangerofIthilien says...

My apologies for not responding in the pad until now. I've been rather busy as of late and yws doesn't work on my phone. Luckily pads do so I'll be sure to keep more on top of that with responding and inputting ideas and such.
”Not all that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.”

-J.R.R.Tolkien

272 Reviews

Sat May 18, 2024 6:56 pm
View Likes
RavenAkuma says...

@RangerofIthilien Don't sweat it! We of course want your vote on these ideas, and your input, but we get it; life comes first lol.

@yoshi I like it too and could go either way tbh XD

- Edgar Allan Poe

672 Reviews

Mon May 20, 2024 2:10 pm
View Likes
Plume says...

Great! If everyone's already shared their thoughts on the title, it seems like we're leaning towards Dungeons and Detectives--- if you'd prefer a different one, though, by all means, share! (I'm thinking we could still use Dutchman Paranormal in the RP as the name of the group!) I'll go ahead and change the title along with create the actual RP thread sometime tomorrow if no one objects, and then we can start creating/sharing our characters! I put a little template in the pad if you don't know where to start ^-^

272 Reviews

Mon May 20, 2024 4:36 pm
View Likes
RavenAkuma says...

That sounds great to me! So excited to get started! ^^

- Edgar Allan Poe

4145 Reviews

Reviews: 4145
Mon May 20, 2024 5:59 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

I'm honestly impressed with how quickly you guys have managed to pull something together out of thin air! Your idea looks so cool! Good Luck out there!
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

272 Reviews

Mon May 20, 2024 6:21 pm
View Likes
RavenAkuma says...

@KateHardy Thank you! Good luck to you as well! ^^

- Edgar Allan Poe

it's ok, death by laughter was always how i've wanted to go out
— Carina