z

Young Writers Society

When do you write?

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:40 am
Firestarter says...

Early in the morning/late at night. Don't know why, but it's quieter in my house and my brain can think better, and I seem to be able to just get into that flow easier.

Habits? While I've always used a computer for writing -- strange, no? Most people seem to begin by scribbling. I got into writing when I was much younger by using a very ancient PC. This means, now, I just can't write with a pen/pencil. I can type faster anyway, so my writing keeps up with my thoughts, and I'm so much more accustomed with it that without a computer I can't actually write.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:49 pm
Elemental says...

I don't really have a set time when I write, it's usually when I have a revelation or I'm delving deep into interest of my story or I found something I want to change.

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:00 am
Alteran says...

I'm pretty much going all the time. whenever i can write i do. not lately cause of college and stuff but usually i write all the time.

Headphones and music. I have to drown out all the noise around me so i can concetrate. I have them on right now so ican focus on this. I am easily distracted. tee hee.

I need new headphones though. mine are like dying. they are all taped together and the little foam pieces had to get sewed back on.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:54 am
Sohini says...

i write whenever i feel like it and whenever i get the time.
but like you all, i prefer writing before i go to sleeep at night and before i take a nap in the noon. on holidays when i have less school work to do, i write in th emorning.
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:49 pm
DancingRain says...

I usually write late at night when no one's up. I write on loose leaf paper and stick it in a binder. Sometimes I can write during the day but usually find myself too distracted to write. Habits i have when i write is doodling in the margins while i'm trying to think to write next. ANd i never use a pen.
"but the fact remains he can move faster than Severus Snape confronted with shampoo" Fred or George Weasley
*Formerly Tanis*

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:28 am
tinny says...

I usualy write when I should be sleeping. The only problem is that it means I get tired and then the next night, my mind is all buzzing but I'm too tired to do anything. I sometimes write when I get home from college and the house is all empty, I can stick on some music and write away. If I ever feel compelled to write at any time of day, as soon as I get my paper out it I loose all motivation.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:10 pm
Myth says...

I write whenever I have inspiration or if I get bored of drawing. Sometimes I wake up late at night and write down random sentences that make no sense when I look back at them.

Other times I write when I can't go further on a chapter so I have a look at the plot and make necessary changes to dialogues or the first chapters - which are usually the hardest to write for me.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:42 am
aeroman says...

Funnily enough, I've developed a writing obsession in the past couple of weeks. I write everyday, not necessarily the story I'm writing, but just something. Anything, now I feel like I'm missing something if I haven't written something that day.

Most of the time though, I write when I get home from Swim Team and I'm trying to procrastinate my homework, or I write when I get back from parties because I'm all hyped up to stay up late :D

~Aero
They haven't invented the missile that can kill an ideal.

171 Reviews

Reviews: 171
Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:53 pm
lexy says...

It varies for me...... Summer I can write well in the morning... Winter is definitely in the evenings.....
And habits!!! Oh God I chew the tops of biros until they look mank and don't look very attractive! Lol. No wonder people don't like to borrow my pens!!!!
When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself. - Peter O'Toole

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:08 am
Pushca says...

3 am is when i start coming up with awesome stuff. 'course, i'm not actually coherent at that point...
"Nothing I could write would be as shocking and offensive as censorship itself." -Deb Caletti

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:03 pm
Esmé says...

I usually write when I'm bored (physics, mwahaha). No, really, I prefer to write at my house. -But physics really is an exception, lol.

When I have a writing frenzy, I write everyday. Sadly, though, that happens once every two months or so. Currently I'm on the off-frenzy, lol. Haven't written anything to my story for the last month. Really. -That is, not counting the ending when I killed off my main character. Lol.

-elein

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:40 pm
HeadInTheClouds says...

During the school year I can only write late at night, because during the day i'm too distracted with school, homework, friends, etc. During the summer and long breaks I write anytime, because I usually don't have much to distract me.
If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad. ~Lord Byron

Captain Jack is back May 25!

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:29 pm
xtenx says...

Skye wrote:B) I don't want anyone to read it. Not that people can usually read my handwriting anyway, but sometimes I'll consciously write messily so that no one can read what I've written.

I don't like people reading what I've written either. I'm in college now so it's easier for me to write without worrying about people. I feel like my parents were always hovering over my shoulders, but here I don't have to deal with that. I usually write whenever I have free time. I'm surrounded by people really often so any time there aren't people around, I'm usually writing.
-Kristen

So I just try, fail and try, and try again- and someday I swear I'm gonna get it. 'Cause I'm convinced, giving in is the worst thing there is.--Straylight Run

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:52 pm
Prokaryote says...

I write whenever I feel like it, and that happens most often at night.

Prokaryote

Reviews: 2
Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:23 am
dittylicious says...

My best writing time is definitely is either late at night or early in the morning, when I feel like the rest of the world has left before me or hasn't caught up to me yet. I can truly feel like I'm the only one in existence, even if it's for only a short while.

I don't think I have any habits when it comes to writing, except that I'll play and pause music while I'm writing something, because sometimes I think music will help and sometimes it distracts me, so I'll play it and then all of a sudden find it hard to think and pause it, and that continues during the entire writing process.
~*~Ditty~*~

"When we choose between reality and madness/It's either sadness or euphoria." -Billy Joel

http://dittylicious.blogspot.com

Too often we crave the extraordinary in life, without even learning how to cherish the ordinary first. Friend, I promise you this: if you can learn to take joy in the simple mundane things in life, the extraordinary will take care of itself, it'll be on its way, hurrying towards you. But if you skip the first part, it'll ever evade you.
— Arcticus