z

Young Writers Society

At what age did you start writing and

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:23 pm
Esmé says...

Recently I've been starting a lot of threads, haven't I? Lol.

So, will you answer my question? Or rather, questions? ^_^

-elein

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:28 pm
Dream Deep says...

I started writing when I was four, in kidnergarten. I still have the first story I wrote. It was four sentences long and took up the whole page. "The Turkey and the Snake", it was called. ^_^

It was so ridiculous - but my parents raved about the fact that I could actually put words down on paper in the form of a story and so did my teacher. So I wrote. ^_~ Never stopped, either.

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:32 pm
Myth says...

I really have no idea. I think maybe Year 2 (aged 7 or so) and I wrote something about a flying carpet and white rabbits (no idea why). I stopped for a while and began (seriously) aged 13.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:48 pm
Jennafina says...

I started about age three, around when I learned how to. They were never very long, and I think my parents let me watch way too much Dysney because they all involved evil witches, handsome princes and beautiful princesses. :D
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:56 pm
Via says...

I wrote "The Bear in the Bag" when I was 8. It was my version of an RL Stein book or 'are you afraid of the dark?' episode. I found it in the closet it other day and was really impressed with my eight year old self hehe.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:38 pm
tinny says...

The first one I ever wrote was when I was three, and it was about Simba from 'The Lion King' I think that was it, my grandparents still have it at thier house.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:43 pm
Sureal says...

When I was thirteen. I started with fiction set in the Warhammer world - I was playing Warhammer at the time.
I wrote the above just for you.

Random avatar

Reviews: 82
Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:45 pm
misspriss says...

Hmm...almost before I could write! :wink: I think when I was about six or seven.

I still stink, but I think I've improved greatly. A couple days ago I stumbled upon my first real story, and wanted to burn it, it was so bad, but my mom said no, that I used colorful descriptions ("A flurry of green a yellow landed on the floow, sqwauking loudly"), and she kept it. :roll:

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:53 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

About the age of eight I started writing outside school I think.

It was a story about a search for treasure or something unoriginal like that -- I think the first scene was a mountain-climber getting a phone call while climbing Everest. Too bad I didn't know about phone signals then.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:48 pm
Snoink says...

I made a picture book and continued making picture books until I was about ten or so. Then I started writing novels at eleven or twelve. I started seriously writing when I turned 18, lol.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:52 pm
piepiemann22 says...

I've had the idea for a book for a while, but i just started writing a year ago.
I will always fight back, no matter what.

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:55 pm
Lilyy03 says...

Probably when I was five or six... Through elementary school, we regularly had to write stories. Often seasonal type things, like Halloween stories or Christmas stories. But I have a vauge memory about a very short story I wrote around that time, about a pony. Lol.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:57 pm
Leonheart says...

we always had to write stories in primary school, every week. i used to hate it, and used to be really bad at it too. i was probably 7 or 8 when that was happening. i came to like writing about the age of 13 maybe...

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:39 am
Alteran says...

Well... I started seriously writing when I was 16. Of course looking back I've been writing for a lot longer. The furthest i can remeber back was when i was about 8 or so when Digimon season 1 was on TV. I wrote almost a whole notebook of the episodes. They were pretty bad. Fanfic at it's worst. I loved that cartoon. Oh I still do.

But my first real true story that evolved was about dragons breeding with humans creating a race of Dragoons and now that I think about it That might have beena bit difficult to explain.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:43 am
Esmé says...

Cool!

I started writing (I mean writing something longer than two pages) when I was nine. It was about a slave girl, who, of course, broke free.

Next up was an elven girl, who, watch out, was teh heir to a throne, lol.

-elein

The poetry of the earth is never dead.
— John Keats