z

Young Writers Society

Mishima

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:45 pm
MeanMrMustard says...

Is anyone else familiar with Mishima Yukio? He wrote The Temple of the Golden Pavilion amongst many other works. Mishima: A Life in Four Chapters is a wonderful film on him as well. I recommend everyone take a look at this guy's work and his life in general if you're serious about being a writer.

Discuss his works, politics, your opinions, whatever if you like.

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:57 pm
writerwithacause says...

I've read Spring Snow and Sound of Waves. They're masterpieces, although I must admit I lack background on his artistic view and life, I might've understood his books better if I researched before.

His style is soft. The words just flow naturally, and he rathers says a lot with few words, which I've always preferred in a novel. I strongly suggest you the books I've mentioned above. :)

I prefer him over Kawabata. Out of three books I've read by Kawabata, I only enjoyed The Old Capital.
Julie, a sucker for romance, historical fashion, medieval fairs and blues music. Add photography and you already know me 50%. The rest of me you'll discover through my writings and my photos.

my fictionpress
my greatest project, a history-inspired romance

That awkward moment when you jump out a window because your friend jumped out a window, then you remember that your other friend can fly.
— Rick Riordan, The Ship of the Dead